Windows 10: BSOD only when playing games: Driver_Overran_Stack_buffer, Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal,...

Discus and support BSOD only when playing games: Driver_Overran_Stack_buffer, Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal,... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi I have been having issues with my PC crashing to a BSOD only while playing games both cpu and gpu intensive, mostly Divinity: Original sin 2, EU4,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Parxival, May 11, 2020.

1. Parxival Win User

BSOD only when playing games: Driver_Overran_Stack_buffer, Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal,...

Hi I have been having issues with my PC crashing to a BSOD only while playing games both cpu and gpu intensive, mostly Divinity: Original sin 2, EU4, and subnautica, . I have reinstalled a clean windows from a bootable USB, updated all drivers, and stress tested my cpu, gpu, and Ram, using Memtest86, cinebench, and furmark with no issues. I have also installed the latest AMD chipset from AMD. Any help would be much appreciated.

My computer
    Cpu: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
    Mobo: Gigabyte x570 Aorus...

BSOD only when playing games: Driver_Overran_Stack_buffer, Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal, Critical_Process_Died

Parxival, May 11, 2020

2. BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 11, 2020
  3. BSOD crashes after installing AMD GPU

let me add on to the list. Again playing the same game I got BSOD with

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Brandon345, May 11, 2020
  4. Athamas Win User

BSOD only when playing games: Driver_Overran_Stack_buffer, Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal,...

BSOD: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I have been getting random BSOD (DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - Source: nwifi.sys) in the last 3 days. They seem to only appear when playing videos on YouYube, but it might be a coincidence.

What has changed in the last 3 days?

Nothing on the laptop itself. I plugged in a new keyboard and mouse (both USB), and a USB hub (USB-C).
    I also installed new drivers for the Intel Graphics and "Intel(R) Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Manager" as suggested by Dell Driver Updater, but this was an attempt to fix the BSOD, which already happened before updating these drivers.

What are the laptop info and specs?

• Text version: MEGA
    • Speccy version (can be imported into Speccy): MEGA
    • MsInfo32 Output: MEGA

Most recent dump files?

This is the content of C:\Windows\Minidump: (all 3 are the most recent BSOD dumps and match with the date and time of the BSODs)

MEGA
    MEGA
    MEGA

What have you tried?

I have checked with the Dell System Detect utility to see if all the drivers were up to date; 2 weren't and I updated them (as written above) but that didn't solve the issue.

I have cleaned the system Registry with the CCleaner utility, but that didn't solve the issue.

What can I do?

EDIT:

Upon suggestion, I updated the killer drivers.
    All seemes fine of a while, then, after the laptop went to suspended state, I noticed the external mouse stopped working, while the touchpad worked.
    After plugging and unplugging, I rebooted.
    Laptop stuck to reboot for 6 min (usually takes 6 seconds) then BSOD: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE.

Log:

MEGA

Athamas, May 11, 2020
Thema:

1. BSOD only when playing games: Driver_Overran_Stack_buffer, Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal,... - Similar Threads - BSOD playing games

2. DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER BSoD when I play videogames

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER BSoD when I play videogames: Not long ago I bought and installed the BioShock Collection from Steam, Every time I play one of these games BioShock Remastered, BioShock 2 Remastered or BioShock Infinite the game crashes. Sometimes it freezes, sometimes it restarts my PC and now I got a BSoD that showed...
  3. DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER BSoD when I play videogames

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER BSoD when I play videogames: Not long ago I bought and installed the BioShock Collection from Steam, Every time I play one of these games BioShock Remastered, BioShock 2 Remastered or BioShock Infinite the game crashes. Sometimes it freezes, sometimes it restarts my PC and now I got a BSoD that showed...
  4. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD only when gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD only when gaming: Hi all,I have been getting consistent BSOD's, all with the stop code: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. What failed: tcpip.sys. This specifically only happens when playing Fortnite for whatever reason. It has not happened outside of Fortnite at all. It must be some other program...
  5. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD only when gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD only when gaming: Hi all,I have been getting consistent BSOD's, all with the stop code: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. What failed: tcpip.sys. This specifically only happens when playing Fortnite for whatever reason. It has not happened outside of Fortnite at all. It must be some other program...
  6. BSOD: Only crashes when playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD: Only crashes when playing games: Hi I have been having issues with my PC crashing to a BSOD only while playing games both cpu and gpu intensive, mostly Divinity: Original sin 2, EU4, and subnautica, . I have reinstalled a clean windows from a bootable USB, updated all drivers, and stress tested my cpu, gpu,...
  7. BSOD only when playing games

BSOD only when playing games: Hello, Lately i have been getting frequent bsod only while playing one certain game (fortnite). I have tried troubleshooting using the steps provided on the windows website but haven't got into a solution. So i am suspicious of my microphone (audio driver) to be causing...
  8. freezing and DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER BSOD while gaming

freezing and DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER BSOD while gaming: hello I had random PC freezing while gaming usually happens every week. Today I had a BSOD while playing heroes of the storm. dm_log_collector file is attached thank you in advance 40774
  9. BSOD Driver_Overran_Stack_Buffer

BSOD Driver_Overran_Stack_Buffer: Recently, I have a BSOD Driver Overran Stack Buffer while playing game. Here is the attached file Attachment 37234 I have in minidump folder for each BSOD. I need help to figure out which problems my computer has pls. My system specs: - Mainboard MSI B85M-E45 - Intel Core...
  10. BSOD playing PUBG, DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER, 0xF7

BSOD playing PUBG, DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER, 0xF7: Hello, I just recently built this new computer and it's been giving me a few BSOD's while playing PUBG. It's never crashed while normal use. I ran MEMTEST overnight and it got three passes.The ram is running on XMP 2.0 I did a fresh reinstall of Windows.I'm using...