Windows 10: BSOD only while torrenting

Discus and support BSOD only while torrenting in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I had posted previously here: HTML Code: "]Windows 10 Help Forums . It's not my intention to begin a new thread, but I'm not sure with how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by lordterrin, Mar 29, 2016.

1. BSOD only while torrenting

Hello,

I had posted previously here: HTML Code: Windows 10 Help Forums . It's not my intention to begin a new thread, but I'm not sure with how old that one is that it will get visibility.

It was brought to my attention (thanks @axe0!) that I was using a pirated version of Windows 10, which I wasn't aware of. So I bought a brand new copy of Windows 10, reformatted my drive completely, and installed Windows again - only to find that this problem is still occurring!

After the reformat, the only driver I installed was for my wifi card, Asus Dual-Band Wireless AC1900, and utorrent. I began downloading a file, and after about 30 seconds I got the BSOD again.Here are my logs

I have narrowed the problem down to ONLY when I am torrenting - doesn't matter what it is, that's the only time I can reproduce the problem.

What I've done:
    - chkdsk on all 5 of my drives, no problems
    - memtestx86, ran for 4 hours, no problems

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Let me know if anymore details are needed.

:)

lordterrin, Mar 29, 2016

2. BSOD Need someone to read the dmp files and help me please

Had some BSOD lately.

Tried to fix my networks driver.

Tested every driver with no issues at all.

BSOD comes when downloading torrents, while a game (diablo2) runs in the background, while watcing HBO...

two times at a few minutes inbetween.

Documents

every file is located here.

thank you for your service

AlexanderFagerli, Mar 29, 2016
  3. Help! Can you beam movies from your device to a smart TV?

The point is that while you can get a torrent app it will not be able to download the video to a location other apps or the system can access them. Only the torrent app can access the data.

While it was announced the expected update (this spring) for Windows Phone will allow up- and downloading to/from say the SD card we do not yet know how this will be implemented exactly or whether that would include things like torrents.

Paul van der Heu, Mar 29, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

BSOD only while torrenting

The thread title says .....
    But the dumps are not supporting this statement. It depicts hardware error. Specially display hardware.
    Code: BugCheck A, {282, ff, 82, fffff803f31cd7c4} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys Probably caused by : hardware ( nvlddmkm+1a2d26 ) Followup: MachineOwner ---------[/quote] And Overclocking is a very common cause of such an issue.
    Code: CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz" MaxSpeed: 3400 CurrentSpeed: 3503[/quote] You need to stop overclocking. Please set the hardware components like CPU, Graphics card, RAM etc at their stock settings and see how it goes.

Let us know the results.

EDIT: Some dumps are showing errors with the PCE-AC68 WLAN Card. I think that is while torrenting as you said.
    Code: BugCheck 50, {fffff6fb400037a8, 0, 0, 6} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for bcmwl63a.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for bcmwl63a.sys Could not read faulting driver name Probably caused by : bcmwl63a.sys ( bcmwl63a+e1d1f ) Followup: MachineOwner ---------[/quote] Update its driver from ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Driver & Tools - PCE-AC68

If it needs uninstallation of the Utility software of the older version, do that, too.
    If you have any network monitoring softwate installed, uninstall that one, too.

5. axe0 New Member
    This is the only thing that is in the event log since the installation, I find it a bit odd given that the system has done a lot of things that should have been logged since the installation.
    This event means that there was a data request to the hard drive WDC WD20EARX-00ZUDB0, there was no response (or at least not within the timeout period) to the request and thus the same request was retried.
    I recommend to scan this hard drive using SeaTools at least, instructions are below.
    Code: Event[55106]: Log Name: System Source: disk Date: 2016-03-29T20:55:05.051 Event ID: 153 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-VRQMMDA Description: The IO operation at logical block address 0x8607e for Disk 0 (PDO name: \Device\0000002e) was retried. Description Disk drive Manufacturer (Standard disk drives) Model WDC WD20EARX-00ZUDB0 Bytes/Sector 512 Media Loaded Yes Media Type Fixed hard disk Partitions 1 SCSI Bus 1 SCSI Logical Unit 0 SCSI Port 0 SCSI Target ID 0 Sectors/Track 63 Size 1.82 TB (2,000,396,321,280 bytes) Total Cylinders 243,201 Total Sectors 3,907,024,065 Total Tracks 62,016,255 Tracks/Cylinder 255 Partition Disk #0, Partition #0 Partition Size 1.82 TB (2,000,396,746,752 bytes) Partition Starting Offset 1,048,576 bytes[/quote]

BSOD only while torrenting [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Test
    HDD TEST

Run SeaTools to check the integrity of your HDD. SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Run following tests
    • Short Drive Self Test
    • Short generic
    • Long generic
    If the short generic fails, no need for the long generic.

Note Do not run SeaTools on an SSD as the results will be invalid.

Run HDTune to
    • scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    • check the health,
    • benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    Let me know what the results are
    • of the error scan,
    • make a screenshot of the health of every hard drive and post the screenshots,
    • post screenshots with the benchmark of the
      • transfer rate,
      • access time,
      • burst rate,
      • cpu usage.

6. Thanks so much, axe0, for all your help. I really do appreciate it.

I've lowered the CPU back to its default, and updated my graphics drivers (though I have updated them several times since this problem first started occurring,) and I removed the failed drive (which is what that other thing was) from the computer. The problem still persists.

I am using the latest drivers for my ASUS PCE-AC68 card, and I can download other things, large files, etc, without issue - it is ONLY when I am torrenting that I will 100% get a BSOD. Apart from powering off the computer just now to remove that broken hard drive, my system had been up for 14 days straight without restarting. Prior to posting yesterday I started downloading a torrent just to make sure and within 2 minutes I got the BSOD again. I have tested this pretty thoroughly.

lordterrin, Mar 30, 2016
  7. axe0 New Member
    Just to rule out the possible cause of hard drive failure due to the installation being on bad sectors, remove the torrent client and install it on another hard drive.

8. BSOD only while torrenting

Okay, I tried that - still crashed. Interestingly enough, I reformatted again and installed the ASUS drivers from here:

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Driver & Tools - PCE-AC68

The latest version 2.1.1.5, gave me the BSOD, so I kept going backwards in driver versions, reformatting each time to make sure I was getting only that driver. Since going back to version 2.0.8.8 I have not experienced a single BSOD.

I would recommend to anyone else experiencing BSODs with this same ASUS PCE-AC68 card to try version 2.0.8.8 of their Windows drivers. I'll update again in a few days to advise whether or not I get any BSODs.

lordterrin, Apr 1, 2016
  9. AveiMil Win User
    lordterrin +1 to you.

I installed this network card on my brand new Media Center PC/NAS/Gaming Rig and was running Windows Server 2016.

I had it installed with the latest ASUS driver but when I started to actually transfer data via the WiFi the OS would BSOD.
    Memory dump read: bcmwl63a.sys ( bcmwl63a+e1d1f )

I downgraded to driver version 6.30.223.228 from driver version 7.35.315.0 and now the WiFi appears to be working fine.

Keep in mind that the 2.1.1.5 and 2.0.8.8 version number is the Asus utility version number. I installed the installer on a virtual machine and just copied out the driver files from C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\PCE-AC68 WLAN Card Utilities\Driver\PCE-AC68. I do not want that utility software included. This version does not have "official" Win10 support, but I used the Win81 folder and it appears to be working just fine even so.

A few keywords so others can google it if needed:

ASUS PCE-AC68, Windows Server 2016, BSOD, bcmwl63a.sys ( bcmwl63a+e1d1f ), Driver Support

AveiMil, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD only while torrenting

1. BSOD only while torrenting - Similar Threads - BSOD while torrenting

2. BSOD only while gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD only while gaming: Hi, I know there have been a lot of these questions asked before, but I'm completely at a loss on what to do so I'm hoping somebody more knowledgeable on these things could help. Recently, I booted up my old PC at my parents house because I'll be staying here for a few weeks....
  3. BSOD while using torrent

BSOD while using torrent: Hello. I'm not that knowledgeable in IT, so please be patient with me. (Windows 10) Log: Dropbox - LAPTOP-V0QLQ451-(2020-11-11_00-07-25).zip - Simplify your life Since this morning I've been having repeatedly BSOD with written BAD POOL CALLER. After trying all the tutorial...
  4. BSOD while torrenting to external hard drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD while torrenting to external hard drive: Hello, title says it all. Basically I was torrenting a large file to an external hard drive. For many hours, it worked fine, and while I was using the laptop, it was just for listening to music. It was the only torrent I was downloading during the time and I wasnt seeding...
  5. BSOD while typing a review, downloading torrents, facebook etc

BSOD while typing a review, downloading torrents, facebook etc: I've had the title happening since last night, and I think its related to the replacement mini PCI-E wifi card I installed last night, but then again there was a dmp at 8 am yesterday also, but was still doing the same just normal browsing. I think I was watching some...
  6. Page Fault In Nonpaged Area BSOD While Torrenting

Page Fault In Nonpaged Area BSOD While Torrenting: Hello, I just bought an Asus Laptop, and ever since I bought it, it´s been having the same issue, BSOD PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, but it only happens while torrenting. At first, I thought it was faulty RAM, so I asked for a new PC (same model) on the store I bought it,...
  7. BSOD while Torrenting (ntoskrnl.exe)

BSOD while Torrenting (ntoskrnl.exe): Hello. I have a huge problem. For several weeks now ever since I upgraded to Windows 10, whenever I try to torrent something, my Laptop is crashing and getting the blue screen of death, caused by driver ntoskrnl.exe+14f4d0. I searched and tried several fixes but it still...
  8. Windows 10 BSOD Page Fault in Non Paged Area (Only while torrenting)

Windows 10 BSOD Page Fault in Non Paged Area (Only while torrenting): Hello I was wondering if anyone could help with an issue on my Windows PC as to why I keep getting BSOD only during Torrent downloads in Windows 10. It always happens during the downloading of Torrents not the start of the program. I have swapped several torrent clients and...
  9. BSOD mulitple times while downloading torrent on utorrent

BSOD mulitple times while downloading torrent on utorrent: Hi, experienced BSOD mulitple times while downloading torrent on utorrent. Please assist and advise Appreciate the help. Error Message: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000007e (0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff80afe03318a, 0xffffc30115347658,...
  10. BSOD only while torrenting

BSOD only while torrenting: Here are my logs, as well as the system specs from CPU-Z. I have narrowed the problem down to ONLY when I am torrenting - doesn't matter what it is, that's the only time I can reproduce the problem. What I've done: - chkdsk on all 5 of my drives, no problems -...