Windows 10: BSOD - page fault in nonpaged area -only when torrent/netflix/hddheavy

Discus and support BSOD - page fault in nonpaged area -only when torrent/netflix/hddheavy in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi guys! I keep getting BSOD's when running utorrent or other HDD heavy things like netflix etc, sometimes after only a few seconds; other times i can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by knugelknut, Aug 14, 2016.

1. BSOD - page fault in nonpaged area -only when torrent/netflix/hddheavy

Hi guys!
    I keep getting BSOD's when running utorrent or other HDD heavy things like netflix etc, sometimes after only a few seconds; other times i can download the file (variable sizes; 1-10 gig) no problem; and the computer BSOD's when running idle with utorrent up.

These problems started happening AFTER a defrag was done with defraggler. I check whocrashed and one of my BSOD's pointed towards the broadcom wireless driver. I've had problems with this earlier (it kept disconnecting me) so i've had it reverted to an older version all this time. After googling, people suggesting upgrading the driver; which I did. however: the BSOD's still persist when using disk heavy programs (netflix and torrenting) . Now I also have the "disconnect at random from wifi - cant find it for 2 mins even if other machines can"-problem.

I suspect its related to my defragging, as It appears both versions of the driver introduces this problem.

As a side note; i also had an issue when rebooting my computer yesterday; it simply gave me a black screen with a spinning white circle for 30 minutes, whereupon i did a hard-reboot via the power button and it turned on properly again.

Whats going on here? Is my hard drive failing?

cheers
    Attachment 96262

:)

knugelknut, Aug 14, 2016
  2. Techtrick Win User

page fault in nonpaged areas win 10

Hi,

my computer starting showing a new BSOD stating "page fault in nonpaged areas" .The computer keeps on restarting and every time I get the same BSOD.

When i inserted the bootable usb ,I selected the setup option and again the BSOD (page fault in nonpaged areas) appears .

I can't even restart in safe mode because again I get the BSOD.

earlier my computer was stuck in an infinite automatic repair loop and suddenly when I turned it ON the next time I got the BSOD (page fault in nonpaged areas)..

So please help me fast..

Techtrick, Aug 14, 2016
  3. Rohn007 Win User
    PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA Error upon Full Reset...

Check your Windows version and build number using Run command "Winver"

FCU- BSOD “PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA” FAILED IN VOLSNAP.SYS

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-page-fault-in-non...

Upgrading to build 17025 or higher should resolve your issue.

Rohn007, Aug 14, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

BSOD - page fault in nonpaged area -only when torrent/netflix/hddheavy

Dump indicates a problem with bcmwl63a.sys
    Code: BugCheck 50, {ffffdf80006f56d8, 0, fffff802700f1242, 2} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for bcmwl63a.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for bcmwl63a.sys[/quote] This belongs to your Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter.

Your spec says you have a ASUS x55lb, should be x555lb.

The driver for the wireless is dated 07.07.2015. There is a version Version V7.35.290.0 on the ASUS website that has a date of 2015/08/19. Give that one a try, see if it resolves the problem.

Dump also shows
    Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys Probably caused by : memory_corruption[/quote] This could be caused by hardware (defective ram) or software (driver passing bad data). If replacing the Broadcom wireless driver doesn't help then test your PC memory:
    ===================================================
    RAM:

Follow this tutorial: MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

BSOD - page fault in nonpaged area -only when torrent/netflix/hddheavy [​IMG]
    Information

MemTest86+ is a diagnostic tool designed to test Random Access Memory (RAM) for faults. MemTest86+ will verify that:

• RAM will accept and keep random patterns of data sent to it
    • There are no errors when different parts of memory try to interact
    • There are no conflicts between memory addresses

Memtest86+ runs from bootable media to isolate the RAM from the system, no other components are taken into account during the test.

Warning MemTest86+ needs to run for at least 8 passes to be anywhere near conclusive, anything less will not give a complete analysis of the RAM.

If you are asked to run MemTest86+ by a Ten Forums member make sure you run the full 8 passes for conclusive results. If you run less than 8 passes you will be asked to run it again.

Note MemTest86+ has been known to discover errors in RAM in later passes than the eighth pass. This is for information only; if you feel there is a definite problem with the RAM and 8 passes have shown no errors feel free to continue for longer.

Running 8 passes of MemTest86+ is a long and drawn out exercise and the more RAM you have the longer it will take. It's recommended to run MemTest86+ just before you go to bed and leave it overnight.

Ztruker, Aug 15, 2016
  5. thanks for the response!

I tried downloading the most recent driver i could find. However, I cannot find the one you are specifying.
    Or rather; windows doesn't agree with asus on the date.

When i check through device management; its dated 06.07.2015, with the driver version u mentioned.
    I tried installing the new driver over the old one, same info shown.
    I then uninstalled and deleted all driver software, reinstalled with the newest one from asus; and still same info was seen in device management.

I've yet to test out netflixing/torrenting etc. to confirm if it still helped, but I became a bit "uncertain" due to the wierd nature of these dates. However, could this, i.e, appearing to have always had the newest driver, be an indication of something else ?

knugelknut, Aug 17, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    I don't think it's an indication of a different problem. I think it is that the files in the 08.06.2015 are of mixed dates. Only the files that were changed have the newer date.

Let's give Driver Verifier a try, see if it tells us anything:
    ===================================================
    Driver Verifier
    is a diagnostic tool built into Windows 10, it is designed to verify both native Microsoft drivers and third party drivers. Driver Verifier's verification process involves putting heavy stress on drivers with the intention of making bad, outdated, incompatible or misbehaving drivers fail. The required result is a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) which will generate a crash dump for debugging purposes.
    Machines exposed to Driver Verifier will run very sluggishly due to the stress being applied to the drivers.

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable in Windows 10

Pay close attention to

PART TWO

and make sure the correct boxes are checked.

Warning:
    It is not advised to run Driver Verifier for more than 48 hours at a time. Disable Driver Verifier after 48 hours or after receiving a BSOD, whichever happens soonest.

Always create a Restore Point prior to enabling Driver Verifier.

What we're looking for is a BSOD with a mini dump that will tell us what driver caused it.

Ztruker, Aug 17, 2016
  7. Im terribly sorry for my slow responses.
    I ran the driver verifier twice, and the same BSOD with both the broadcom and the unknown one appeared.
    Due to some other issues in addition to the above, i've decided to do a clean install of my OS.

Ill update the thread if the issue still persists after clean install.

Again, sorry for the poor manners on my part, and thanks again for the help so far.

knugelknut, Aug 20, 2016
  8. Ztruker Win User

No problem, life has a way of getting in the way of fun *Smile Hope the reinstall fixes your problem.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD - page fault in nonpaged area -only when torrent/netflix/hddheavy - Similar Threads - BSOD page fault

2. BSOD page fault in nonpaged area

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD page fault in nonpaged area: Hi everyone,I'm trying to update a windows 7 computer to windows 10, performing a clean installation of it. It works fine for a couple of time, but after a while it give a BSOD with page fault in non paged area.I've tryed couple of tests:- Reinstalling the OS, choosing the...
  3. page fault in nonpaged area BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    page fault in nonpaged area BSOD: Hello i have been getting a BSOD for page fault in nonpaged area please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/page-fault-in-nonpaged-area-bsod/e917c5d1-72be-4198-b220-d0eddce72cd6
  4. BSOD "PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA"

BSOD "PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA": Hey, my computer crashed while I was running a game. Here are the descriptions from WhoCrashed:System Information local Computer name: DESKTOP-I1GD0K4Windows version: Windows 10, 10.0, version 2009, build: 19043Windows dir: C:\windowsHardware: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.,...
  5. BSOD - page fault in nonpaged area

BSOD - page fault in nonpaged area: Hello. Hoping you can help. I was getting a page fault in nonpaged area BSOD's on my 10 year old but still competent system so replaced motherboard, ram and processor. Sadly the issue has followed me! So the new components are i3-10100f, nvidia gtx 980, 32gb ram, gigabyte...
  6. BSOD: page fault in nonpaged area

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD: page fault in nonpaged area: Hello, for some time now (about week already) I am having trouble with that BSOD screen ALL THE TIME. I've read about it and it seems that there isn't any concrete answer. It happens when I install something (as far as I notice) and I restart the computer then it goes into...
  7. Page fault in nonpaged area BSOD

Page fault in nonpaged area BSOD: Hi, I've been having a BSOD problem on my ASUS Strix GL703GE. I've tried reinstalling windows and factory resetting but that didn't work. I also warrantied it and they said they replaced the ram, ssd, reinstalled the OS and updated the drivers but its still crashing. Can...
  8. Page Fault In Nonpaged Area BSOD

Page Fault In Nonpaged Area BSOD: Hello Friends, I've been having some BSODs both on startup and while running some programs. Most recently I got a Page Fault in Nonpaged Area while using Firefox. While running Diablo 3 last month I got a Memory Management BSOD. On boot last month I got an IRQL Not Less or...
  9. Page Fault In Nonpaged Area BSOD While Torrenting

Page Fault In Nonpaged Area BSOD While Torrenting: Hello, I just bought an Asus Laptop, and ever since I bought it, it´s been having the same issue, BSOD PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, but it only happens while torrenting. At first, I thought it was faulty RAM, so I asked for a new PC (same model) on the store I bought it,...
  10. Bsod: Page fault in nonpaged area

Bsod: Page fault in nonpaged area: Hello. I've been having a problem for few days now. Quite often my laptop will just restart to BSOD with stop code:PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA. So far no luck finding the answer. 80872