Windows 10: BSOD Page Fault in Nonpaged Area unless i5-4460 defined to use only 2 cores Win10

Discus and support BSOD Page Fault in Nonpaged Area unless i5-4460 defined to use only 2 cores Win10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So in an upgraded computer from E8400 to i5-4460, Win10 Pro booted fine but failed to recognize correctly the CPU cores only 2 ou of the 4 this CPU... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Golphinho, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Golphinho Win User

BSOD Page Fault in Nonpaged Area unless i5-4460 defined to use only 2 cores Win10

So in an upgraded computer from E8400 to i5-4460, Win10 Pro booted fine but failed to recognize correctly the CPU cores only 2 ou of the 4 this CPU has.
    In msconfig --> Boot --> Advanced, the list of cores showed only 1 or 2. I ticked off the box, and rebooted, and that's when the BSOD showed up. I couldn't do nothing with it, had to reinstall the whole thing, except... Reinstalling threw the same BSOD straight on the installer.

I ended up taking the drive to another computer where I installed W10 just fine.

Took it back and again, BSOD.

Then I tried booting the drive on the secondary computer where I installed W10 to that drive, it booted fine. Went back to msconfig, ticked on the CPU check mark with 2 cores selected, and now the drive runs fine on the i5, except for having only two cores available.

Any pointers on how to detect the problem?
    Computer setup is:

Win10 Pro 2204 64bit
    i5-4460 + Asus H81M-P
    2x DDR3 1600 MHz 4GB

SSD 128GB

Thank you

:)

Golphinho, Jun 28, 2020
  2. devfiz Win User

Page Fault In Nonpaged Area BSOD

Hi,

I've had 2 BSODs on boot since my last post. I've attached another DM Log.

Kernel Security Check on January 31
    Page fault in nonpaged area (infosys) on February 2.

Attachment 62700

devfiz, Jun 28, 2020
  3. Blaine Win User
    BSOD: Page Fault in nonpaged area File: cdd.dll

I'm running windows 10 build 14393 on a laptop.

Some backstory: I've been getting very frequent BSODs with the error being "kernel security check failure"- about once every 2 days. I think I finally narrowed the issue down to being caused by my new usb 3 hub. I unplugged the hub and got no BSODs for about a week- at least until today.

Today I got a BSOD but instead the error was "Page Fault in nonpaged area" (a message that I've never seen on this computer before). The file concerned was cdd.dll. What could be causing this type of BSOD?

My ram is new (got it around the same time as the USB hub- 2 months ago). However, this is the first time I've gotten the page fault error message in the 2 months with the new ram, and the "kernel security check failure" errors kept occurring when I put the old ram in as a test. Memtest also completed 1 pass fine. Other than that, no hardware has been "changed" per-se, but I did open my laptop and put it back together to replace the screen which had broken.

If you'd like to read the above paragraphs in bullet form:

• 2 months ago: Replaced screen
    • 2 months ago: Changed RAM
    • 1.6 months ago: Started using new USB hub
    • 1.5 months ago: Started getting BSODs "Kernel security check failure" fairly regularly.
    • 1 month ago: Put the old ram back in
    • 1 month ago: Memtest completed successfully
    • 1 month ago: Continued to receive kernel security check failure BSODs
    • 1 week ago: Stopped using USB hub
    • 1 week ago: stopped receiving kernel security check failure BSOD
    • Today: got a BSOD "page fault in nonpaged area" with the file being cdd.dll
    • Today: chkdsk completed succesfully

Blaine, Jun 28, 2020
  4. RPG17A Win User

BSOD Page Fault in Nonpaged Area unless i5-4460 defined to use only 2 cores Win10

RPG17A, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

1. BSOD Page Fault in Nonpaged Area unless i5-4460 defined to use only 2 cores Win10 - Similar Threads - BSOD Page Fault

2. BSOD page fault in nonpaged area

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD page fault in nonpaged area: Hi everyone,I'm trying to update a windows 7 computer to windows 10, performing a clean installation of it. It works fine for a couple of time, but after a while it give a BSOD with page fault in non paged area.I've tryed couple of tests:- Reinstalling the OS, choosing the...
  3. page fault in nonpaged area BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    page fault in nonpaged area BSOD: Hello i have been getting a BSOD for page fault in nonpaged area please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/page-fault-in-nonpaged-area-bsod/e917c5d1-72be-4198-b220-d0eddce72cd6
  4. BSOD - page fault in nonpaged area

BSOD - page fault in nonpaged area: Hello. Hoping you can help. I was getting a page fault in nonpaged area BSOD's on my 10 year old but still competent system so replaced motherboard, ram and processor. Sadly the issue has followed me! So the new components are i3-10100f, nvidia gtx 980, 32gb ram, gigabyte...
  5. Bsod page fault in nonpaged area

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bsod page fault in nonpaged area: [IMG]So this originally happened a couple days ago when I saw in my windows update that the update intel system 11.7.0.1045 which is the picture I uploaded. It had said it already downloaded I just needed to click to install so I did and immediately after I did this I...
  6. BSOD page fault in nonpaged area

BSOD page fault in nonpaged area: I am currently running Win10 on an old SSD that was installed 4 years ago, everything is working fine. I just purchased a new SSD Samsung EVO860 and installed a BRAND NEW Win10 onto it using the boot creation tool. The new Win10 's version is 20H2. After installing, if I DO...
  7. WIN10 Page Fault in Nonpaged Area

WIN10 Page Fault in Nonpaged Area: Hello! I'm having some issues with a BSOD error. The error location is bhtpcrdr.sys, and the stop code is PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA. I know that the area pertains to the SD port, but any time I try to disable the drivers or revert them to an older version, the computer blue...
  8. BSOD Page fault in nonpaged area.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD Page fault in nonpaged area.: Updated to windows 1909 and I consistently get this BSOD. I've tested everything, ram, chkdsk, etc. Everything. It also did this after the 1903 update but each time I've just reverted back to 1809. Anybody been through this yet? I've checked drivers and everything. I don't...
  9. BSOD Page Fault in Nonpaged area

BSOD Page Fault in Nonpaged area: Hello So recently my laptop started to get BSOD when logging in. From a few times to unfortunately now, every time. I have some mindumps: http://prntscr.com/kftb6f, http://prntscr.com/kftbmr I already ran a memtest86, chkdsk, sfcscannow, i tried driver verifier but the...
  10. Page Fault In Nonpaged Area BSOD

Page Fault In Nonpaged Area BSOD: Hello Friends, I've been having some BSODs both on startup and while running some programs. Most recently I got a Page Fault in Nonpaged Area while using Firefox. While running Diablo 3 last month I got a Memory Management BSOD. On boot last month I got an IRQL Not Less or...