Windows 10: BSOD Page fault when updating to 20H2 or monthly nov update

Discus and support BSOD Page fault when updating to 20H2 or monthly nov update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Gang, Have had issue of a BSOD on restart doing update to 20H2, or the nov monthly update. The update will install, prompt me to restart, go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RWOne, Nov 11, 2020.

1. RWOne Win User

BSOD Page fault when updating to 20H2 or monthly nov update

Hi Gang,

Have had issue of a BSOD on restart doing update to 20H2, or the nov monthly update.

The update will install, prompt me to restart, go through the blue screen of installing the update, then restart.

On this restart I get a page fault in non paged area. It will restart again, fail, then restart to automatic repair as it should, then diagnose pc, it then switched back tot eh blue screen where it says cannot install updates and rolls back, then puts me back to my desktop.

I had swapped my RAM sticks, and removed my CH products USB sticks throttle and rudder, making sure those might not be the culprit.

Windows Version 2004 Pro OS Build 19041.450

I'm hoping to get some direction in which to go, thanks beforehand!

:)

RWOne, Nov 11, 2020
  2. Sharnana Win User

After updates BSOD "PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA"

I have been running Windows 10 for several months. Yesterday, it updated upon shutdown. Since I restarted the computer, it will run for awhile, but randomly goes to BSOD with error: "PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGE AREA", shuts down and restarts. I was able to get
    in and check the drivers to see if any need updating, updated some, but the Dell driver, thats needs updating, keeps sending the computer to BSOD with the "Page Fault" message.

Windows Updates 9/15/2016:

KB3176937

KB3176935

KB3176938

Any help is greatly appreciated. We use this computer for classes and need to get it up and running by Monday. I'm currently using my phone to type, so I apologize for any typos.

Thanks!

Sharnana, Nov 11, 2020
  3. Flelm Win User
    Creator Update Paging in Non-Paged Area

I did the Creator update for Windows 10 today, and since then I've been getting consistent BSOD crashes due to page fault in non-paged area, where I was getting no BSODs before. I'd like to fix the situation and not just do a rollback, but if that's the best step I'll go ahead and do that.

Attachment 134004

Flelm, Nov 11, 2020
  4. BSOD Page fault when updating to 20H2 or monthly nov update

Page Fault in Non-Paged Area BSOD

While installing windows 10 even before the setup started this BSOD of page fault in non paged area pops up and I am unable to install it.The same problem with other Windows OS installation.

Piyush Jain, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

BSOD Page fault when updating to 20H2 or monthly nov update

1. BSOD Page fault when updating to 20H2 or monthly nov update - Similar Threads - BSOD Page fault

2. BSOD Page Fault

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Page Fault: Hi support,I have been getting a regular BSOD Page fault for a month now. I have updated NVIDIA drivers , AMD chipset drivers and removed things that were installed just before the fault started happening. I have done memory checks and error checking with no faults apparent....
  3. BSOD Page Fault In Nonpaged Area Update 20H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD Page Fault In Nonpaged Area Update 20H2: Hi all,I'm hoping someone can assist me, I've been having a problem when installing Windows 10 version 20H2Whenever the update installs and asks me to restart it I click restart and gets to about 40% and then gives me a BSOD with the reason Page Fault In Nonpaged Area. Ive...
  4. BSOD - page fault in nonpaged area when attempting to update win10

BSOD - page fault in nonpaged area when attempting to update win10: Recently installed windows (from 2015) to an SSD. The windows version is 10.0, build 10240. I have tried updating it using automatic windows update, using the windows update assistant, and using the media creation tool. It gets to about 30% then BSODs into PAGE FAULT IN...
  5. BSOD Page fault when updating to 20H2 - Electric Boogaloo

BSOD Page fault when updating to 20H2 - Electric Boogaloo: Hello I'm attempting to upgrade to 20H2 but have been stopped for the last couple of months by BSOD incurred by Intel Engine Management Interface. I came across this thread which seemed promissing as the person involved had the same motherboard as and seemingly the same...
  6. [Upgrade] - BSOD Page fault when updating to 20H2

[Upgrade] - BSOD Page fault when updating to 20H2: Hello I'm attempting to upgrade to 20H2 but have been stopped for the last couple of months by BSOD incurred by Intel Engine Management Interface. I came across this thread which seemed promissing as the person involved had the same motherboard as and seemingly the same...
  7. BSOD PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA after freeze during latest 20H2 Update.

BSOD PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA after freeze during latest 20H2 Update.: Hey there, I have a laptop, usually running with latest drives at least for GPU and windows, running Win10 Pro. Yesterday, Windows started the 20H2 update automatically. After some time doing that, the whole system froze. No mouse movement possible. Eventually, it rebooted...
  8. BSOD page fault in nonpaged area when trying to do feature update 20H2 - error code 0x800f0845

BSOD page fault in nonpaged area when trying to do feature update 20H2 - error code 0x800f0845: Hi, I keep getting the error above when I try to do the latest feature update - it errors at the same point each time, and will then undo the update and take me back to how my PC was before, yet nag me to do the update.... To get around this I tried a fresh windows...
  9. Windows Update Page Fault BSOD

Windows Update Page Fault BSOD: Hello, I purchased a Lenovo Legion Y520 a little over a year ago and I've had absolutely no problems...until 2 days ago. Windows pushed updates KB4506991 and KB4503308 ( a security update which Win10 won't allow me to uninstall) in the early morning hours. My machine now...
  10. PAGE FAULT BSOD when torrenting?

PAGE FAULT BSOD when torrenting?: Hi, I'm getting recently many "page fault in nonpaged area" BSOD and I think it happens only when I'm using torrent downloads. I saw some related posts with similar issues, but they all about DELL laptops, and I own Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro with windows 10 home edition that came...