Windows 10: BSOD - PC Hangs on Device install after reset

Discus and support BSOD - PC Hangs on Device install after reset in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Received the BSOD on Saturday for no apparent reason - no device or driver changes etc, system was fully up to date with Windows Updates. Original... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dellboy67, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Dellboy67 Win User

BSOD - PC Hangs on Device install after reset

Received the BSOD on Saturday for no apparent reason - no device or driver changes etc, system was fully up to date with Windows Updates. Original failure message was that it was something to do with power drivers.

Attempted booting to Safe Mode but would not accept any passwords or PINS etc.

Reluctantly decided to reset PC via control panel but still not working.

Last resort was to re-install Win 10 via the DVD I made using the Media Creation Tool when I first installed Win 10 in August 2015 (upgraded from existing Win 7 HP 64 bit to Win 10 64 bit), I used the 2nd option (ie not the upgrade option) to do this so that I was able to specify which drive to install the OS - My main drive is partitioned between data & system, I chose the system partition to re-install Win 10.

The upgrade appears to work all the way through until the PC reboots for what appears to be the final time and "loading devices" starts - I've left this overnight to slowly work things out but it still keeps stating that after numerous attempts the PC cannot load the OS & needs to be reset - ie no further forward.

:)

Dellboy67, Dec 4, 2016

2. Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3116900) caused my WiFi to become unstable

bug update... i had BSOD after install ... had to reset my pc wasting 3 hours ... and lose all apps

gaganpreet singh, Dec 4, 2016
  3. After upgrading to WIndows 10 i get Kernel security check failure

I believe the problem started after an unexpected hang/BSOD occurred . I am in the process of acquiring a new mother board to fix that, but this happens upon boot randomly. Been happening only since this weekend, an exact trigger cause and steps to follow
    after are a bit vague.

I am using a external SATA boot device, and installed Windows 10 about 2 months ago as fresh install, not an upgrade.

Conrad Braam, Dec 4, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD - PC Hangs on Device install after reset [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Make a photo of the result and post it.

Addition:
    If errors show up you can stop the test, remove all sticks but 1 and test this single stick in each slot for 8 passes or until errors show, switch sticks and repeat.
    If errors show up and you see them a lot later, no problem, the errors don't affect the test.

axe0, Dec 4, 2016
  5. Dellboy67 Win User
    Test is still running after 5 passes & no errors. What are my options? Should I be reinstalling with Win 7 & the attempting upgrade to Win 10 again?

Dellboy67, Dec 5, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    Run MemTest86+ V5.01

axe0, Dec 5, 2016
  7. Dellboy67 Win User
    Ok, ran 5.01 for 8 passes but no errors (no photo this time!)

Gave up on Win 10 installation & instead decided to go with Win 7 install with a view to then upgrading to Win 10.

However after 3 attempts I'm still not able to install Win 7 despite having done it several times on this pc in the past.

it goes all through installation right up to "finalising install", after a while it stops, mouse function ceases & ive had to switch off the power.

Upon reboot it it starts off loading Win 7 but hangs eternally at the Windows is Starting screen but never fully boots.

I've physically unplugged all devices apart from monitor & wireless kb & mouse.

Before original Win 10 crash I'd not made any HW changes or added any new sw or even apps.

Any advice on what else I can do would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dellboy67, Dec 7, 2016
  8. Dellboy67 Win User

Win 7 still loading with only a wl kb & mouse attached, been around 2 hours now, I'm off to bed & hope it's worked it out by morning.

No apparent hard drive activity but mouse still works, albeit very slowly....

Dellboy67, Dec 7, 2016
  9. axe0 New Member
    axe0, Dec 8, 2016
  10. Dellboy67 Win User
    Thanks- turns out it was the 2 legacy IDE drives I had installed - unplugged them & within 20 minutes Win 7 was re-installed!

Back on SP1 now so will attempt upgrade back to Win 10 this evening.

Dellboy67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD - PC Hangs on Device install after reset - Similar Threads - BSOD Hangs Device

2. I had reset my pc due to frequent crashes and hanging of windows but after the reset the pc...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I had reset my pc due to frequent crashes and hanging of windows but after the reset the pc...: I have tried changing the registry as mentioned in some other posts from people who had faced the same issue but it did not seem to work for me, is there any way to fix this?...
  3. I had reset my pc due to frequent crashes and hanging of windows but after the reset the pc...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I had reset my pc due to frequent crashes and hanging of windows but after the reset the pc...: I have tried changing the registry as mentioned in some other posts from people who had faced the same issue but it did not seem to work for me, is there any way to fix this?...
  4. PC Hangs after installing Video Card driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Hangs after installing Video Card driver: Hello Guys! Good day! Hope someone can help me. So today sadly my pc froze unexpectedly and I don't know why. This occurred when I finished printing something. I left my pc on probably 10 minutes and when I came back it just froze. So normally I thought its just a glitch...
  5. BSOD after PC reset

BSOD after PC reset: Hello I was having BSODs with a new PC a while back. I restored it to an earlier point, and it stopped so I thought it was resolved. It started happening again so this time I tried doing a PC reset but it's still persisting. I have run the sfc /scannow and found nothing....
  6. Pc Hang on resetting windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pc Hang on resetting windows 10: Hi this is Arjun, Actually my pc getting hang more times. So i reset my pc with the option of remove everything and reset. Then after few hour its came resetting upto 99%, then strucked here and not moving to forther process. What can i do. Can you help with this..?...
  7. PC always boots to BSOD after resetting PC

PC always boots to BSOD after resetting PC: I was getting a memory error trying to play a game and foolishly decided to just reset my PC thinking it would fix my problems. Now whenever I boot my PC it directly goes to BSOD and says ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY and what failed : clipsp.sys A lot of...
  8. Devices hang after windows updates

Devices hang after windows updates: Hi We have multiple devices (mixture of Dell Latitude laptops and Microsoft Surface Pros) that hang on restart after installing Windows updates. We will just get either a Microsoft logo (on Surface Pro) or Dell Logo (on laptops) along with a spinning icon. It never goes past...
  9. BSODs + hangs after clean install on new laptop!

BSODs + hangs after clean install on new laptop!: So I got a new laptop - MSI Dominator Pro GT72. I added two 8GB sticks of RAM on top of the current 16GB currently in it. It also had two Kingston m.2 SSDs in RAID 0. It was running with out any problems what so ever. I decided after that I actually wanted the ssds as two...
  10. Driver installation after Reset PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver installation after Reset PC: Do I need to reinstall my drivers after resetting my PC? 24618

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows installation freezes after pc reset