Windows 10: [BSOD] Persistent across multiple Windows installation, tried almost every troubleshooting...

Discus and support [BSOD] Persistent across multiple Windows installation, tried almost every troubleshooting... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone. My name is Shaun and I have been tortured with no less than 50 BSODs since I first booted my PC on 19 December 2020. These BSODs occur in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ShaunLee2, Dec 26, 2020.

1. ShaunLee2 Win User

[BSOD] Persistent across multiple Windows installation, tried almost every troubleshooting...

Hi everyone.

My name is Shaun and I have been tortured with no less than 50 BSODs since I first booted my PC on 19 December 2020. These BSODs occur in freshly installed Windows 10, and even during installation of Windows itself. Please help me figure out what the problem is.

Quick summary:

• Multiple and persistent BSODs across multiple fresh Windows installation while the crashes do not occur in another OS Manjaro tested.
    • BSODs do not occur while system is stressed i.e. gaming.
    • BSODs occur when PC is idle, or doing minimal-effort tasks such as watching YouTube videos or Netflix.
    • BSODs also occur when reinstalling Windows on a clean NVMe SSD i.e. SSD wiped clean with DISKPART clean command before installation.
    • BSODs do not occur in another operating system. I ran Manjaro live version from USB for 20 hours straight and encountered no crashes or any other issues.
    • GPU has been tested to be working in another PC for at least one week before installing into my PC.
    • All available Windows Update has been checked, downloaded and installed.
    • AMD chipset driver, NVIDIA GPU driver, Realtek Ethernet Controller driver and Realtek HD Audio Codec were manually downloaded and installed.
    • Motherboard has the latest BIOS P1.80.

Specs:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/smmDnL

Chronology of events DD/MM/YY:

• 19/12/2020 - Completed the building process. Installed Windows. No BSODs during this installation.
    • 19/12 to 23/12 - BSODs occur about once per day while the PC is left idling overnight to download games.
    • 23/12 - Disabled all non-Microsoft drivers in MSConfig > Services, and disabled all Startup programs. BSODs continued to happen.
    • 24/12 - Ran memtest86 and chkdsk overnight. No errors found in both tests. Reports for these tests are attached.
    • 24/12 - Ran Manjaro live version from a USB for 20 hours straight, mostly streaming videos. No crashes encountered during this time.
    • 25/12 - Ran "sudo badblocks -nsv" and "sudo nvme device-self-test" in Manjaro to check SSD. No errors found in both tests.
    • 25/12 - Began reinstalling Windows. Downloaded Media Creation Tool "MCT" direct from Microsoft website. Reformatted USB stick with ImageUSB. Installed MCT on the reformatted USB. Wiped NVMe SSD with DISKPART clean command before installing Windows. BSODs occurred at least once, sometimes twice, during reinstallation of Windows on a DISKPART-cleaned SSD. Tried installation with two different USB sticks, each time installed from MCT downloaded straight from Microsoft wesite. Total number of Windows reinstallation to date is around five. BSODs continue to happen on a fresh Windows installation before I even download or install anything, and also after I download and install drivers from my motherboard's website.
    • 26/12 - Installed Windows Insider Preview from the ISO downloaded from Microsoft website. I am currently on this Windows Windows 10 Pro, 20H2, 19042.685, all Windows Update checked and installed. BSODs continue to happen.
    • 26/12 - Disconnected Corsair's Lighting Node Pro RGB controller for case fans from USB header on the NZXT Internal USB Hub. BSODs continue to happen.
    • 26/12 - Set PCIe to gen 3 in motherboard BIOS because my GPU is connected via a PCIe 3 riser cable. BSODs continue to happen.
    • 26/12 - Directly connected the GPU to the motherboard, and set PCIe back to "Auto" default setting. BSODs continue to happen

How everything is connected in my computer:

• CPU -- PSU to motherboard.
    • Motherboard -- PSU to Lian Li Strimer Plus cable to motherboard
    • GPU -- PSU to Lian Li Strimer Plus cable to GPU.
    • CPU cooler -- USB on AIO to NZXT Internal USB Hub which is connected to one of the two internal USB headers on the motherboard. Receives SATA power from PSU.
    • Case fan RGB controller -- USB to NZXT Internal USB Hub. Receives SATA power from PSU.
    • NZXT Internal USB Hub -- Connected to one of the two internal USB headers on the motherboard. Carries USB information from AIO and case fan RGB controller. Receives molex power from PSU.
    • Case fan PWM controller -- Connected to motherboard.
    • Case LED strips -- Connected to motherboard internal USB header.

Attached reports: http://www.filedropper.com/microsoftcommunitydocuments

1. FIVE5 of the latest BSOD minidumps all 5 occurring on 26/12/2020, between 5.01pm to 6.22pm Sydney AEDT.
    2. Complete Windows Event Viewer logs.
    3. sysinfo report
    4. memtest86 report
    5. Windows Memory Diagnostics Event Log
    6. diskchk report

Thank you in advance. I appreciate your time and help.

:)

ShaunLee2, Dec 26, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 26, 2020
  3. zbook Win User
    Prior to Driver Troubleshooting

1) Which is post #48?
    Win7 Pro - Persistent "0x8007042B - 0x2000D Win 10 Update Error

There were commands ran in post #3: steps 4 - 7
    How were the settings modified again in post #20
    2) Please comment on post #21

Troubleshooting dump files and running Windows driver verifier will be useful in troubleshooting the BSOD.
    post #14 step #3.

3) Which steps were completed and not completed in post #14 step #12?

4) See post #14 step #4.

zbook, Dec 26, 2020
  4. [BSOD] Persistent across multiple Windows installation, tried almost every troubleshooting...

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Dec 26, 2020
Thema:

[BSOD] Persistent across multiple Windows installation, tried almost every troubleshooting...

1. [BSOD] Persistent across multiple Windows installation, tried almost every troubleshooting... - Similar Threads - BSOD Persistent across

2. Troubleshooting multiple BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Troubleshooting multiple BSOD: Hi, I've had multiple bluescreens with varying messages, most commonly the "faulty hardware corrupted" one.This is on a windows 10 pc with mostly new parts:AMD Ryzen 7 7700Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU CoolerASRock B650 PG Lightning ATX AM5 MotherboardKingston...
  3. Troubleshooting multiple BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Troubleshooting multiple BSOD: Hi, I've had multiple bluescreens with varying messages, most commonly the "faulty hardware corrupted" one.This is on a windows 10 pc with mostly new parts:AMD Ryzen 7 7700Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU CoolerASRock B650 PG Lightning ATX AM5 MotherboardKingston...
  4. Troubleshooting multiple BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSOD almost every day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD almost every day: My laptop crashes and turns into blue screen at least once every day. And I just don't know why. Most of the time the screen error turns out to be SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION, PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA, or MEMORY MANAGEMENT. I tried several methods to fix the blue screen...
  6. BSOD almost every day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD almost every day: My laptop crashes and turns into blue screen at least once every day. And I just don't know why. Most of the time the screen error turns out to be SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION, PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA, or MEMORY MANAGEMENT. I tried several methods to fix the blue screen...
  7. Multiple BSODs almost every day of using PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple BSODs almost every day of using PC: Hello, I purchased a certified refurbished PC recently and the first few days it ran fine. About a week into using it almost daily, I noticed it had restarted and wiped whatever I was working on at the moment. This kept happening until I finally caught a BSOD on my screen. I...
  8. BSOD almost every day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD almost every day: I have done the minidump procedure to record the .dmp files using Verifier. Please assist if possible. Would much appreciate. Minidump located here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AslxUqbfl8zftWkCUTAQm8ILrwnR?e=ecyIwz Thank you!...
  9. Windows installed across multiple drives?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows installed across multiple drives?: I just got an Aurora, came with a 1TB HDD. I installed a 500GB SSD. I used Macrium to clone the HDD to the SSD. I changed the boot drive in BIOS and booted up from the SSD, played around and everything seems fine. So I formatted the original HDD to be used as a storage drive....
  10. BSOD on almost every startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD on almost every startup: I'll keep this one simple. Using Windows 10, somewhere along the line with one of the major update pushes my PC when turned on or rebooted would NSOD loop. Luckily sometimes would loop once or twice, sometimes even more... I did do a Startup log and tried removing the last...