Windows 10: BSOD PFN_List_Corrupt error shortly after free upgrade from Win 7

Discus and support BSOD PFN_List_Corrupt error shortly after free upgrade from Win 7 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have partially solved this issue and I am still working it. I get a BSOD PFN_List_Corrupt error about 3-5 minutes into working. I used MSConfig... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by appeljef, Aug 19, 2015.

1. appeljef Win User

BSOD PFN_List_Corrupt error shortly after free upgrade from Win 7

Hi, I have partially solved this issue and I am still working it. I get a BSOD PFN_List_Corrupt error about 3-5 minutes into working. I used MSConfig to go into safe mode and disabled all. No more BSOD. Off safe mode with normal startup and disabled all start up programs. No more BSOD. I will now start activating in groups of 6-7 and see which group causes BSOD. I hope to have this narrowed down shortly, but please let me know if you find something in the attachment.

Thanks,

Jeff

:)

appeljef, Aug 19, 2015
  2. elzec Win User

Frequent BSODs on new laptop

Just did a fresh reinstall of W10 Pro and it crashed shortly after (PFN_LIST_CORRUPT)

071916-5578-01.dmp

elzec, Aug 19, 2015
  3. windows 10 destroyed my computer

My wife upgraded a store-bought windows 7 computer to windows 10. She started having crashes, the final run being desktop flashing in and out. soon after the computer BSOD with the message dxgkrnl.sys error. This was followed shortly after another reset
    with installation corruption. The computer would not boot after that. Since it was a storebuilt, there was a recovery partition with the windows 7 version. The attempt to recover overwrote part of the boot, telling it that there was a win 7 installation, but
    the installation corrupted, and refuses to complete now. The system refuses to boot into safe mode, and attempts to overwrite with a windows 8 cd is interfered with.

aldrichjeremy, Aug 19, 2015
  4. appeljef Win User

I was able to isolate the problem to Microsoft OneDrive. It must have a corrupt driver.

appeljef, Aug 19, 2015
Thema:

1. BSOD PFN_List_Corrupt error shortly after free upgrade from Win 7 - Similar Threads - BSOD PFN_List_Corrupt error

2. BSOD with error PFN_LIST_CORRUPT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD with error PFN_LIST_CORRUPT: My pc crashed a lot of times recently and i dont know why does someone of u know how to fix this i can also provide minidump files if they are needed thanks if someone helps.Here are my Specs if u need these: Mainboard: Z390a-proRam: 16gb of corsair vengance Gpu: RTX 2070...
  3. win 11 bsod PFN_LIST_CORRUPT

win 11 bsod PFN_LIST_CORRUPT: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1dcyxnOt3kmXpGT0-dXC29ycRfdxA5z9U?usp=sharing==================================================Dump File : 052023-16796-01.dmpCrash Time : 20.05.2023 23:35:06Bug Check String : PFN_LIST_CORRUPTBug Check Code : 0x0000004eParameter 1 :...
  4. Free upgrade from Win 7 to Win10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Free upgrade from Win 7 to Win10?: My partner has Windows 7 installed on her PC. It also has a nasty virus. I want to erase her hard drive and upgrade to Windows 10. I've read articles that indicate the upgrade is still free, if done through Windows updates. I can't find anything confirming that it's still...
  5. Free upgrade from Win 7 to Win10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Free upgrade from Win 7 to Win10?: My partner has Windows 7 installed on her PC. It also has a nasty virus. I want to erase her hard drive and upgrade to Windows 10. I've read articles that indicate the upgrade is still free, if done through Windows updates. I can't find anything confirming that it's still...
  6. Free upgrade from Win 7 to Win10?

7. I UPGRADED FROM WIN 7 FOR FREE

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I UPGRADED FROM WIN 7 FOR FREE: I UPGRADED FROM WIN 7 FOR FREE. SCREEN BROKE ON MY LAPTOP SO I PLACED MY HARD DRIVE IN AN IDENTICAL LAPTOP. NOW WINDOWS IS NOT ACTIVATED. ANY WAY TO FIX THIS OR DO I HAVE DO BUY IT NOW?...
  8. BSOD after upgrade from win 7 to win 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after upgrade from win 7 to win 10: I have a pc I built myself that's been running on windows 7 without any issues whatsoever. I've left this pc on for a week at a time without a bluescreen or even shutdowns. Ever since I've upgraded to windows 10, I've been getting store exception errors every day or two....
  9. Free Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 - still waiting

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Free Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 - still waiting: My wife finally cracked and asked me to get her Laptop upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 for free - it was July 27. Clicked on the white windows upgrade icon in the system tray and was advised that the upgrade had been reserved/confirmed. I'm not usually impatient and I guess...
  10. Still no end to free upgrade to win 10 from Win 7!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Still no end to free upgrade to win 10 from Win 7!: Just bought a pre-loved laptop for Mrs (Sheelba, as I like to think of her) for our 34th Wedding anniversary. She already has a pre-hated android tablet which she won't use 'cos it hates her back too! I saw the Dell Latitude E6400 on Tuesday, and bought it the next day,...