Windows 10: BSOD - Plagued with a lot for the past month

Discus and support BSOD - Plagued with a lot for the past month in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer stopped working all of a sudden about a month ago when the screen froze whilst I was watching Netflix. I tried turning the cumputer on but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mcyates, Jul 18, 2019.

1. mcyates Win User

BSOD - Plagued with a lot for the past month

My computer stopped working all of a sudden about a month ago when the screen froze whilst I was watching Netflix. I tried turning the cumputer on but the power light would come on and then after 2 seconds it would turn off. I left it for an hour and swapped the memory around and it started working, I put the memory back in how it was originally and it was still working.

But recently I have been getting a lot of BSOD:

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
    SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED
    SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION

So today I reset windows so it was a like brand new. After about 20 mins the whole system froze just after I restarted the computer. Since then I have installed Chrome and I rexeived this BSOD;

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

So I have removed one of the sticks of memory (4GB Crucial DDR3 - 1333 (PC3 10600) SOD)

Last night I ran the Windows Memory diagnostic all night and it didn't find anything wrong with the memory. I don't have a USB stick on me as i'm working from home so I can't use the memtest386 at the moment.

Here is information from WhoCrashed:

System Information (local)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Computer name: DESKTOP-VAGN86S
    Windows version: Windows 10 , 10.0, version 1903, build: 18362
    Windows dir: C:\WINDOWS
    Hardware: P15SM-A_SM1-A , Notebook , Clevo
    CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4610M CPU @ 3.00GHz Intel8664, level: 6
    4 logical processors, active mask: 15
    RAM: 4201668608 bytes (3.9GB)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

Crash dump directories:
    C:\WINDOWS
    C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

On Thu 18/07/2019 16:58:57 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\071819-5734-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: intelppm.sys (0xFFFFF8017E151370)
    Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFFC000001D, 0xFFFFF8017E151370, 0xFFFFF8016F58C400, 0xFFFFF8017E15)
    Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\intelppm.sys
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: Processor Device Driver
    Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
    This might be a case of memory corruption. This may be because of a hardware issue such as faulty RAM, overheating (thermal issue) or because of a buggy driver.
    The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Thu 18/07/2019 16:58:57 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP
    This was probably caused by the following module: intelppm.sys (0xFFFFF8017E151370)
    Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFFC000001D, 0xFFFFF8017E151370, 0xFFFFF8016F58C400, 0xFFFFF8017E15)
    Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\intelppm.sys
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: Processor Device Driver
    Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
    This might be a case of memory corruption. This may be because of a hardware issue such as faulty RAM, overheating (thermal issue) or because of a buggy driver.
    The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

Conclusion

2 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. No offending third party drivers have been found. Connsider using WhoCrashed Professional which offers more detailed analysis using symbol resolution. Also configuring your system to produce a full memory dump may help you.

Thank you in advance.

Michael

:)

mcyates, Jul 18, 2019

2. Pc Plagued with BSOD HEEEEEELPPP

For the past month my pc has been plagued with BSODs.

I already ran the memory diagnostics tool included with windows, updated bios, installed al windows updates, tested individual RAM sticks and restored my computer 2 time but the problem still persists.

The BSODs vary in type and in time in which they appear, but always during some task.

I have an HP Elitebook Folio 9480m with 12 GB of RAM, 258Gb SSD, running Windows 10 Pro, Intel i5 vPro

PLEEAAASE HEEEELP

JuanPaullada Bazua, Jul 18, 2019
  3. Ztruker Win User
    Plagued with Continous BSOD

The dumps are all over the place:

BSOD - Plagued with a lot for the past month [​IMG]

Are you over clocking or playing with voltages? If so, please set everything back to stock normal and see what that does for you.

A lot of them have to do with networking so it would be good to download and install the latest Product Type Realtek PCI GBE Family Controller driver to see that helps.

Ztruker, Jul 18, 2019
  4. alexsubri Win User

BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    BSOD - Plagued with a lot for the past month [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, Jul 18, 2019
Thema:

1. BSOD - Plagued with a lot for the past month - Similar Threads - BSOD Plagued lot

2. Having a lot of issues for past few months!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having a lot of issues for past few months!: Windows was unable to install updates of December so I was waiting for the January Update and now there are two updates to install and it still not installing updates. Tried restarting the PC, Troubleshooting, and it shows "Check for Windows Update issues" "detected" under "...
  3. Having a lot of issues for past few months!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having a lot of issues for past few months!: Windows was unable to install updates of December so I was waiting for the January Update and now there are two updates to install and it still not installing updates. Tried restarting the PC, Troubleshooting, and it shows "Check for Windows Update issues" "detected" under "...
  4. Lot's of BSOD this past month. Related to memory/kernel?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lot's of BSOD this past month. Related to memory/kernel?: For the past month I have had a lot of BSODs.I am using an MSI laptop, Leopard GL65 model 10SFK.It has an i7 10750h, an RTX 2070 mobile, 16gb of 2666mghz memory, and a 1TB ssd.Many of the BSODs seem random or mostly happened while using google chrome but not always, sometimes...
  5. Lot's of BSOD this past month. Related to memory/kernel?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lot's of BSOD this past month. Related to memory/kernel?: For the past month I have had a lot of BSODs.I am using an MSI laptop, Leopard GL65 model 10SFK.It has an i7 10750h, an RTX 2070 mobile, 16gb of 2666mghz memory, and a 1TB ssd.Many of the BSODs seem random or mostly happened while using google chrome but not always, sometimes...
  6. Lot's of BSOD this past month. Related to memory/kernel?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Different BSOD's for the past three months.

Different BSOD's for the past three months.: Hi, so, for the last three months i got constans BSOD's. They don't appear when im doing something in particular, mostly when the pc in chilling with no stress. They started one month after the pc was build and running smooth. Here are the specs: MoBo:MSI B450A-Pro Max GPU:...
  8. Multiple BSOD past month

Multiple BSOD past month: Hello, I've made several questions concerning blue screen errors that I have been receiving the past month or 2. The most reoccurring is "KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE". I have multiple minidump files that I will link here. I received a KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE error...
  9. Frequent BSOD'S for the past 4 months

Frequent BSOD'S for the past 4 months: Windows 10 OS BUILD 19041.572 The bsod's have begun around 4 months ago and i have been reccuring almost daily.I have reinstalled windows 4 times so far with no avail.I have done stress tests on cpu,hdd and ram memory so far with no leads besides the laptop freezing during...
  10. Plagued with BSOD

Plagued with BSOD: Hi, I new to the forum and I hope that some of u guys can enlighten me! I've been plagued with BSOD and I don't get any wiser. Unfortunately cant decipher Nirisoft Blue Screen View nor can WhoCrashedit, some of them seem to be caused from NTOSKRNL, i guess I'm not wise...