Windows 10: BSOD playing DX Mankind Divided, Everspace

Discus and support BSOD playing DX Mankind Divided, Everspace in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been having for a few months: random crashes, mostly while playing resource-intensive games. My first guess was a temp issue, but neither CPU or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MatthTheGeek, Sep 8, 2016.

1. BSOD playing DX Mankind Divided, Everspace

I have been having for a few months: random crashes, mostly while playing resource-intensive games. My first guess was a temp issue, but neither CPU or GPU temp goes above 70°C. My second guess was PSU, as I replaced an old GTX 460 with a GTX 780 a few months before the issues started happening and the PSU was a 5y-old 550W Antec, and I have been told this brand isn't known for its quality in PSUs.

I have replaced it with a Corsair 750W a few weeks ago, and things seemed to go fine, but I got another crash yesterday - that led to a BSOD / KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED - and one tonight.

Symptoms of the crashes are the screen going gray or white for a few seconds, then either receiving no input or displaying a still of the last rendered image, sometimes slightly corrupted. Sounds keep playing in the background, not looped. Input seems to still be received, as I managed to reboot the computers a few times by keeping ctrl+alt+del pressed for long enough. Usually if I try to reboot straight after a crash, the system doesn't stay stable for long and tends to crash again or have the screens turn off for a few milliseconds.

This seems to indicate the GPU just stops working for some reason when the crashes happen, but the rest of the system keeps working its merry way. I bought the GTX 780 online around february, slightly used but of good quality. There is no warning before the crashes, no FPS drop in game or otherwise, no sudden heat spike in my temp logs. Aside from the crashes, the card performs admirably in benchmarks or in recent games. Drivers are up to date, no overclocking is applied to any part of the rig, but I did start using EVGA Precision to control fan speeds when I thought it was a temp issue, and even using it to underclock the GPU in case it helped. It doesn't seem to.

I'm kinda running out of ideas, which is why I'm hoping to get some info out of the BSOD crash dump - as most of my crashes don't lead to a BSOD, I'm kinda making sure I don't waste this one. I'm hoping I don't have to write off the GTX 780, but if I have to I'd rather be sure I do actually have to.

In order to test various other causes of failures, I'm going to run a memtest86+ overnight, and then a few of the other stress tests found around in these forums. Can't hurt to have those results at hand before someone asks for them.

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

EDIT: memtest86+ is negative, no errors after 8th pass.
    EDIT2: negative on Prime95 - no warnings/errors in 3h stress test.
    EDIT3: solid positive on Furmark. Triggers a crash but unfortunately not another BSOD. CSV log pastebined here. Now running Driver Verifier to see if I'm looking at a driver or hardware issue.

:)

MatthTheGeek, Sep 8, 2016
  2. enord Win User

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Hi,

Hoping for some help on issues I'm having with 'DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL' bsod.

Specifcally, the issue occurs when I play Deus Ex Mankind Divided.

Have shared the .dmp on onedrivehere: 091016-4718-01.dmp

I run Windows 10 64 bit.

All help is greatly appriciated. Thank you!

enord, Sep 8, 2016
  3. BSOD EM018k_64.DLL Driver IRQL NOT LESS or Equal

BSOD EM018k_64.DLL Driver IRQL NOT LESS or Equal

Previous issue with Dx and BSOD while playing a video from a live stream

Previous issue with a afd.sys file and BSOD

Please find attached Mini dump and MSinfo32 file

Shared items 1-2-2018

Thanks

GiovanniBucci, Sep 8, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD playing DX Mankind Divided, Everspace

Troubleshooting a counterfeit installation is useless as it is not known what has been modified to your system.
    A counterfeit installation contains heavily modified code which causes the system to behave in unexpected ways.
    For this reason, analyzing counterfeit systems is unreliable and analysts won't try it.
    I recommend to install a genuine copy of Windows.
    If, after you have installed a genuine copy of Windows, you still get BSOD's we'll be happy to assist you.

Forum Rules

axe0, Sep 9, 2016
  5. Well that's certainly interesting. This install of win10 is supposed to be legit. Investigating now.

MatthTheGeek, Sep 10, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    The activation your system seems to have is legit for enterprise, enterprise is used by companies and schools.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD playing DX Mankind Divided, Everspace

1. BSOD playing DX Mankind Divided, Everspace - Similar Threads - BSOD playing Mankind

2. Need help with DX error please.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need help with DX error please.: I have a brand new system, 670e hero, 7950x & 6200 ram. I have reinstalled my windows several times and drivers etc to try to resolve this error. I even tried swapping my wife and I's ram because I suspected that was the culprit. This error is inconsistant but will happen to...
  3. DX Diag showing wrong DX Version.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DX Diag showing wrong DX Version.: DX Diag shows I have DX12 but my GPU either has DX10/10.1. CPU-Z also shows same thing. Can play only DX10 and lower games. I’ve got Pentium G620 and Integrated HD 2000. Pls Help.This is from DX Diag ==>This is from CPU-Z ==>...
  4. DX Diag showing wrong DX Version.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DX Diag showing wrong DX Version.: DX Diag shows I have DX12 but my GPU either has DX10/10.1. CPU-Z also shows same thing. Can play only DX10 and lower games. I’ve got Pentium G620 and Integrated HD 2000. Pls Help.This is from DX Diag ==>This is from CPU-Z ==>...
  5. DX Diag showing wrong DX Version.

6. Changing dx to DX11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing dx to DX11: I keep getting that I need dx11, but I have dx12. Will not let the game run. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-dx-to-dx11/33e058cd-1107-466a-b263-987de500e4a1
  7. Hard drive divided.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive divided.: I am not a PC Geek so please make it simple and easy how to remove this Division in Hard Drive in 3 divisions to one so update to latest version is possible. Microsoft refuse to help. * Moved from education...
  8. DX 12 DXR

DX 12 DXR: I have the RTX 2070 super and would like to know when are you going to release the DX 12 RTX software to the general public ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dx-12-dxr/61ed2c63-e77f-417d-bd15-88ebb3e126f3
  9. Fortnite DX error

Fortnite DX error: When I try to start Fortnite, there is a message saying that I need DX level 11, but I have 12 and all my graphics drivers are updated. Please help I need to play Fortnite....
  10. BSOD while playing Deus Ex:Mankind Divided on SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while playing Deus Ex:Mankind Divided on SSD: Original post is here... All disks marked "dirty" after game crash BlueScreenView seems to point towards ntoskrnl.exe. Thank you. 75457