Windows 10: BSOD playing Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward bugcheck 0x0000004e

Discus and support BSOD playing Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward bugcheck 0x0000004e in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Was playing this game and my game crashed, unsure what the issue is, everything was fine until today. Attachment 139548 86801 Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by djseaghost, Jun 14, 2017.

1. BSOD playing Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward bugcheck 0x0000004e

Was playing this game and my game crashed, unsure what the issue is, everything was fine until today.
    Attachment 139548

:)

djseaghost, Jun 14, 2017

2. Final Fantasy XIV won't install without DirectX, but Direct X is installed (Windows 10)

I had Final Fantasy XIV installed on my Windows 7 machine. It worked fine. I upgraded to Windows 10, and it continued to work fine. I recently had to do a clean install of Windows 10, and now Final Fantasy XIV won't install. It says I need DirectX, and
    I give it permission to install it (even though DirectX is already on my computer), but the DirectX installation fails and the Final Fantasy XIV installation won't continue without that completion. Can anyone help with this?

MarinaMichaels, Jun 14, 2017
  3. Kernel Power event / the windows get stuck at random times playing a game

and now i did clean win 7 ultimate x64 installation and bios "for windows 7 64 bits" and now meanwhile i was tring to play a flash game while i was downloading and installing the final fantasy XIV with his launcher i got same type of crash.

it hapened 1 time before...

help!

SinjidShadow, Jun 14, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

BSOD playing Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward bugcheck 0x0000004e

Hi djseaghost,

These are some finding in the event logs:

The driver detected that the device \Device\Harddisk0\DR0 has its write cache enabled. Data corruption may occur.

Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80070103: NVIDIA - Display - 12/29/2016 12:00:00 AM - 21.21.13.7653.

Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80070103: NVIDIA - Display - 2/23/2017 12:00:00 AM - 21.21.13.7878.

File System Filter 'wcifs' (Version 10.0, ?2016?-?09?-?15T11:42:03.000000000Z) failed to attach to volume '\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy3'. The filter returned a non-standard final status of 0xC000000D. This filter and/or its supporting applications should handle this condition. If this condition persists, contact the vendor.

File System Filter 'wcifs' (Version 10.0, ?2016?-?09?-?15T11:42:03.000000000Z) failed to attach to volume '\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy5'. The filter returned a non-standard final status of 0xC000000D. This filter and/or its supporting applications should handle this condition. If this condition persists, contact the vendor.

The start type of the Service for NVIDIA High Definition Audio Driver service was changed from demand start to disabled.

Event[37317]:
    Log Name: System
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-WindowsUpdateClient
    Date: 2017-06-12T20:28:03.581
    Event ID: 20
    Task: Windows Update Agent
    Level: Error
    Opcode: Installation
    Keyword: Installation,Failure
    User: S-1-5-18
    User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
    Computer: Logic-Bomb
    Description:
    Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80070103: NVIDIA - Display - 12/29/2016 12:00:00 AM - 21.21.13.7653.

Event[37319]:
    Log Name: System
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-WindowsUpdateClient
    Date: 2017-06-12T20:28:16.872
    Event ID: 20
    Task: Windows Update Agent
    Level: Error
    Opcode: Installation
    Keyword: Installation,Failure
    User: S-1-5-18
    User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
    Computer: Logic-Bomb
    Description:
    Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80070103: NVIDIA - Display - 2/23/2017 12:00:00 AM - 21.21.13.7878.

The start type of the NVIDIA Display Container LS service was changed from auto start to disabled.

Code: BugCheck 4E, {2, 119c3a, 41efff, 1} ***** Kernel symbols are WRONG. Please fix symbols to do analysis Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!ExAcquireSharedStarveExclusive+ad6 )[/quote] Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:

1) winver (in the pop up about windows > view your windows version and build > type this information into the thread)

2) sfc /scannow

3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

4) chkdsk /scan

When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on copy > paste into the thread

5) Run memtest86+ version 5.01 for at least 8 runs. This may take hours so plan to run it overnight.
    Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

6) Uninstall all Nvidia drivers using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from the Asus web site. User your computers product or serial number and the operating system. Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 17.0.6.6
    Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 17.0.6.6

Have you had any new bsod since your post?

zbook, Jun 17, 2017
  5. daikin990 Win User
    The problem was clearly caused by ESET, which you have now removed. Disable Driver Verifier

daikin990, Jun 17, 2017
  6. zbook New Member
    daikin990 Where are you seeing ESET in this thread?

zbook, Jun 17, 2017
  7. I can run those tonight when i go to bed, I did do a few things, I reinstalled the video driver via display driver uninstall, I reseated my ram and re-plugged in my hdd. The issue seems to have gone away, ran memtest+86 for 9 hours no errors. It did have errors then after I re-seated my ram I encountered 0 errors. I can do the other commands and post my findings by tomorrow morning most likely, thank you for the help.

djseaghost, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD playing Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward bugcheck 0x0000004e

1. BSOD playing Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward bugcheck 0x0000004e - Similar Threads - BSOD playing Final

2. BSOD Error when I play Final Fantasy XIV

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Error when I play Final Fantasy XIV: Hello, recently I have made a hardware upgrade CPU, motherboard, graphics card and PSU and every time I play Final Fantasy XIV, I have intermitent BSOD problems.This was the latest error message:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a...
  3. BSOD Error when I play Final Fantasy XIV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Error when I play Final Fantasy XIV: Hello, recently I have made a hardware upgrade CPU, motherboard, graphics card and PSU and every time I play Final Fantasy XIV, I have intermitent BSOD problems.This was the latest error message:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a...
  4. BSOD Error when I play Final Fantasy XIV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. [Tech issues] [BSOD while playing Final Fantasy XIV]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Tech issues] [BSOD while playing Final Fantasy XIV]: Hey guys, I've seen the other posts on the forum and none seem to be quite like mine. Ive tried everything I recently upgrade from a laptop to a pc. My brother built it for me. Mid December 2020. Some specs CPU: RYZEN 5 3600 GPU: Nvidia 3060ti FE Ram: Corsair Vengence 16gb...
  6. Final Fantasy XIV crashes, gives DX11 errors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Final Fantasy XIV crashes, gives DX11 errors: Not sure if this is in any way related to the dreaded 11002 error or not, but I've disabled my overlays (Discord, which stopped working a long time ago anyway, Microsoft Gamebar, and GeForce Experience) just in case. I've tried reinstalling the game, reinstalling my drivers,...
  7. BSOD while playing Final Fantasy XIV, Critical Process Died

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while playing Final Fantasy XIV, Critical Process Died: Hey there, this is my first post on this forum. Really needing help because I'm flat-out lost right now. PC first crashed in FFXIV, screen froze for about 5 seconds before the computer just abruptly powered off, no BSoD. Then rebooted, put in my credentials for login, it...
  8. Windows 10 + Wireless XBox360 controller + Final Fantasy XIV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 + Wireless XBox360 controller + Final Fantasy XIV: Hello, I have had some issues that have recently started keeping me from playing my favorite game. Up until about 3-4 weeks ago everything was fine but now if I power on my XBox 360 controller, my game client immediately crashes with the following errors: ???+ED1DC5...
  9. FINAL FANTASY XV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FINAL FANTASY XV: The game does not launch anymore. Shows the FFXV logo for 2 secs then crashes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/final-fantasy-xv/aa4c3402-4192-4e0b-b3b1-764925890b65
  10. Final Fantasy XIV Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Final Fantasy XIV Issues: Short of doing a reinstall of the game, can anyone think of any ways to solve the following issues? Very slow zoning times. This was not an issue on windows 8 or 7. Loading times have doubled. Game will not close, it freezes and sits as not responding upon selecting...
Tags: