Windows 10: BSOD playing game (ESO)

Discus and support BSOD playing game (ESO) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Could this be a keyboard issue or possibly a Motherboard issue? Just recently my computer started BSODing while playing ESO. At first I just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Lee K, Aug 6, 2016.

1. Lee K Win User

BSOD playing game (ESO)

Could this be a keyboard issue or possibly a Motherboard issue?

Just recently my computer started BSODing while playing ESO. At first I just restarted and continued playing, thinking it was just a random, chance occurrence. My computer had never experienced a BSOD before. I have been playing ESO for some time with no BSODs.

The BSODs started becoming annoying so I ran a benchmark and stress test to see if I could notice any indicators. It generally gives a different error message each time. Seeing Critical Structure Error among others. The benchmark indicated no failings but that possibly my ram was not running in dual channel (poor performance in the test) and my Kingston SSD had poor performance as well. My older Intel SSD passed with flying colors. The game resides on the older Intel SSD.

Video card and everything else passes with high grades.

I tried to notice if anything I was doing in particular in the game to cause them and turned down the graphic settings as well. Then I realized the BSODs were occurring when the game requires to hold down any key for an extended period of time. Thinking this could be a USB power issue I switched to a backup wireless keyboard and now get no BSODs doing the same actions playing the game and have gotten no BSODs with the wireless keyboard.

Would this indicate a USB power issue to the gaming keyboard? It is a CM Storm Quickfire keyboard. The keyboard never gave me any issues till now, although I did get a new one under RMA for another issue.

:)

Lee K, Aug 6, 2016

2. You have lost connection to ESO.

I have downloaded the AOE Complete collection on Steam and have been playing the Multiplayer online on ESO, but today im trying to play online after loading up the game and it tries to connect then says "You have lost connection to ESO".

Why is it all of a sudden doing this, after weeks of know problems?

Spenceukgb, Aug 6, 2016
  3. MyKarma13 Win User
    Does micrsoft make it a habit of screwing over long time loyal customers? (Can't play games I've purchased)

I to also had eso plus and bought stuff for the game. The billing of this membership does not make since and half the time I might not have the membership but paid. When I contact ESO they half the time help then push me over to microsoft who gives me
    a run around. I finally canceled this membership. Why not I can use it anyways. I ask for refund microsoft says they will , I wait 2 weeks and no refund. I call billing they tell me that I did not pay for that month. What?? I pay on the 27 but billing is
    on the 1st so that makes it that I had membership a month ahead before I pay. Hold on here? In order to get membership you pay then you play with membership. There is no you play then you pay layer. What a fight I had with microsoft. I will not be a push
    over. Also my eso half the month was inactive some how but I got busy with life and did not say anything untill end part of that month and eso push me to microsoft. I had to send prof to microsoft about me having inactive membership and my contact eso the
    month before. First time I need to prove anything to microsoft. If it was for 100 dollars ok. but 14.99 no. I been member for years. I am not a kid . Between the eso always messing up now Microsoft being lets say plan mean finally canceled eso. Microsoft
    at the end told me they refunded my 14.99 after my push back. Sorry but wow. Do not do auto renew on eso because of this.

MyKarma13, Aug 6, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

BSOD playing game (ESO)

8/3 1PM dump indicates a problem with atikmdag.sys.
    Code: ffffd000`509aa3b8 fffff800`1831a46dUnable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys atikmdag+0x1aa46d[/quote] Indicated failure was:
    Code: BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff803830c24d8, ffffd000509ab498, ffffd000509aacb0} Probably caused by : dxgmms2.sys ( dxgmms2!CVirtualAddressAllocator::FreeVadVirtualAddressRangeInternal+1ef )[/quote] but that is not the cause, it's the video driver for your AMD Radeon (TM) R7 370 Series.

Your current driver is dated 7/18/2016. There is a newer one on the AMD web site: Desktop

Code: Radeon Software 246 MB Crimson Edition 16.8.1 Hotfix 8/8/2016[/quote] Give that one a try.

Ztruker, Aug 8, 2016
  5. Lee K Win User
    I have updated my video driver. Haven't gotten a BSOD now in some time. Not sure if it was related to ram but getting that replaced as well, as it is not functioning like it should. Thank you for the response.

Lee K, Sep 22, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Good, sounds like it is fixed.

Ztruker, Sep 24, 2016
  7. Lee K Win User
    I did get a BSOD after software update. My old ram was failing memtest. I got the new ram, installed and tested, it tests fine. So confirms that it was a ram issue. Noticed that things are faster and smoother especially when gaming.

Lee K, Oct 4, 2016
  8. Lee K Win User

BSOD playing game (ESO)

Not a single BSOD after RAM replacement. Computer is back running better than ever... marking solved... running a benchmark then memtest identified the issue.

Lee K, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD playing game (ESO)

1. BSOD playing game (ESO) - Similar Threads - BSOD playing game

2. BSOD when installing ESO from steam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when installing ESO from steam: Idk if this is the right thread for this or if anyone can help but I just bought ESO for my computer yesterday. In the midst of it downloading and verifying the download within the client, my computer gets the BSOD with Page_Fault_In_NonPaged_Area error. I’m not sure why. My...
  3. BSOD when installing ESO from steam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when installing ESO from steam: Idk if this is the right thread for this or if anyone can help but I just bought ESO for my computer yesterday. In the midst of it downloading and verifying the download within the client, my computer gets the BSOD with Page_Fault_In_NonPaged_Area error. I’m not sure why. My...
  4. ¿Que es eso?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ¿Que es eso?: Hola ayer reinstale windows y instalando los drivers primero me meti en la pagina del fabricante y luego en el pograma driver booster pues me encontre que este archivo se ejecuta cuando enciende windows , alguien sabe que es y si es seguro. Gracias[ATTACH]...
  5. BSOD Playing Games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Playing Games: Hello everyone, thanks for gifting me your time and patience. I came to this Forum in need of help, as my new computer is acting crazy since few weeks and i'm starting to believe it may have Hardware Issue, since i really tried everything possible from flashing bios,...
  6. BSOD Playing Games

BSOD Playing Games: Well my computer is a year old now and only starting August 2018 i got my first BSOD. I am suspecting its because my nvidia driver was to old the game i played was Shadows Awakening. After i got BSOD i uninstall my old drivers and use DDU on safe mode after that i install...
  7. BSOD When Playing Game

BSOD When Playing Game: Hi Everyone I have been having BSOD problems when i play game that used alot of graphic such as Dota 2 , Overwatch etc. The BSOD that i getting is Internal_Video_Scheduler_Error , Video_Tdr_Error and sometimes the graphic driver has been stopped and successfully recovered...
  8. BSOD when playing games

BSOD when playing games: Hi, I keep having the blue screen when I'm gaming and its says something like etd.sys or whatever it is. Hope that I can get some help from here. 91885
  9. BSOD playing games

BSOD playing games: Hello, i started having frequent Blue screens of death playing video games. I do not know what is causing this. Could someone please help? Attachment 110126 Attachment 110433 Here is the msinfo report that had to be manually dont due to the exe not working at that...
  10. BSOD playing Defiance game

BSOD playing Defiance game: Attached are the minidumps. The ones from the past 5 days are the relevant ones, system was pretty stable before then. Actively in the middle of playing, random time from start until it would BSOD. 5-45 minutes or so. Attachment 44411 27554