Windows 10: BSOD playing games, error UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION

Discus and support BSOD playing games, error UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been having an issue for a long time now since my computer died from overheating about a year ago. After some time of playing video games, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by rojuslap, Feb 6, 2018.

1. rojuslap Win User

BSOD playing games, error UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION

I've been having an issue for a long time now since my computer died from overheating about a year ago. After some time of playing video games, the game freezes and the BSOD with error "UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION" shows up. The time differs from game to game, for example, the BSOD comes up after about 10-20 minutes of playing CS:GO, but after about 1-2 hours of playing Overwatch, which doesn't really makes sense considering Overwatch is most certainly harder to run than CS:GO. It also appears that about 5 seconds before the BSOD happens, a few clicky noises (lasting about 0.5s) can be heard from my computer. Sometimes when booting up and launching the game, the computer freezes and another BSOD happens with error "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED". I have already tried everything software-related I found and even did a full reinstall of Windows with no effect, so this seems to be a hardware problem, but I need to know which piece of hardware it's related to.

I've tried using HD Sentinel, Memtest86, the Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool and FurMark for testing. Everything seemed to be fine. I've also replaced my SATA cable for my hard drive in case it was broken, but it didn't help. I hope I can get some help here.

Specs: w10, Intel i7 3770 CPU, Seagate 1TB HDD, GTX 750 Ti Windforce GPU, Kingston KVR1333D3N9 4GB RAM x2.

:)

rojuslap, Feb 6, 2018

2. Windows 10 gaming BSOD

When playing Heavy graphics games like Elite: Dangerous or GtaV I am able to Play for around 30 minutes. Then i encounter a bsod with the error Unexpected_Store_Exception. Here is a link to both my minidump and memory dump files Shared items 10-22-2015

Tasty_glue, Feb 6, 2018
  3. Xienen Win User
    Windows 10 - UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION

So I'm experiencing a BSoD with an error message UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION... it happens while I play games not the lower requirement ones though. I did a fresh windows reinstall. Did sfc /scannow and it found a problem (The
    CBS.log file
    ). Does this mean it's my HDD?

Xienen, Feb 6, 2018
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi rojuslap,

Welcome to 10Forums *Smile

A 0x154 and 0xEF would point to either the hard drive or the RAM.
    Since I don't see any BSOD related events (besides shutdowns), nor any drive related events that something might be wrong, I assume the RAM is bad.

axe0, Feb 6, 2018
  5. rojuslap Win User
    Thanks for your reply. Could this still be true after Memtest86 showing that the RAM is fine?

rojuslap, Feb 6, 2018
  6. axe0 New Member
    Yes, no test can test the hardware 100%.

axe0, Feb 6, 2018
  7. Ztruker Win User
    How long did you run memtest86+? 8 completed passes is the minimum we normally ask for. WIth 4GB of RAM that will take you 8 to 12 hours I would think.

Ztruker, Feb 7, 2018
  8. rojuslap Win User

I had 10+ passed on both of them.

rojuslap, Feb 7, 2018
  9. rojuslap Win User
    I've tried playing with only one RAM stick and the BSOD, happened. I then switched them and it still happened. Does this mean both of my RAM sticks are broken or is it most likely my hard drive?

rojuslap, Feb 7, 2018
  10. axe0 New Member
    It's difficult to tell with no results of the tests you performed, it could also mean that your motherboard is bad, but we'll need test results to be certain.

11. rojuslap Win User
    Well how can I test it and show it to you then?

rojuslap, Feb 7, 2018
  12. axe0 New Member
    Please download CrystalDiskInfo and either install it or unpack it.Open CrystalDiskInfo and make a screenshot of CrystalDiskInfo, post this screenshot.

13. axe0 New Member

Looks good, giving the indication the drive is fine.

14. rojuslap Win User
    So both RAM sticks are most likely broken? Could I test my motherboard if it could also cause the BSODs?

rojuslap, Feb 7, 2018
  15. axe0 New Member
    The motherboard can't be tested, the best way to test is to use RAM sticks from a different PC that doesn't crash.

Thema:

1. BSOD playing games, error UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION - Similar Threads - BSOD playing games

2. UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION when playing game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION when playing game: Hi, so couple week ago i got BsoD with the code KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR when playing games so i replaced new RAM and reinstall Windows. But it still crash with the error UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION, so i use driver verifier and it show RzDev_008a.sys from Razer software so i...
  3. UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION when playing game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION when playing game: Hi, so couple week ago i got BsoD with the code KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR when playing games so i replaced new RAM and reinstall Windows. But it still crash with the error UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION, so i use driver verifier and it show RzDev_008a.sys from Razer software so i...
  4. UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION BSOD occuring when playing games on my Computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION BSOD occuring when playing games on my Computer.: An issue that has just emerged for me while playing Fortnite is when I'll be in an active fight and my computer will freeze or sometimes things in my hotbar will disappear from my inventory and it will BSOD. Have no clue what even happening.My Specs:Motherboard: Z390 Phantom...
  5. UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION BSOD occuring when playing games on my Computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION BSOD occuring when playing games on my Computer.: An issue that has just emerged for me while playing Fortnite is when I'll be in an active fight and my computer will freeze or sometimes things in my hotbar will disappear from my inventory and it will BSOD. Have no clue what even happening.My Specs:Motherboard: Z390 Phantom...
  6. UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION BSOD occuring when playing games on my Computer.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. BSOD (UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION) while playing PC game

BSOD (UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION) while playing PC game: Hi all, I experienced a BSOD today while in the middle of a PC game. Specifically an unexpected store exception, assuming it was likely a failing HDD I ran "sfc /scannow" which informed me that there were some corrupt files that couldn't be fixed. I then ran "DISM /Online...
  8. UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION while playing games

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION while playing games: Hey, I've been continuously getting this BSOD (UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION) after upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 when I try to play any game. It does not occur when i'm surfing on the internet or when it's idle. It is really frustrating because while playing a game...
  9. Bsod: Unexpected_store_exception

Bsod: Unexpected_store_exception: Gathered files zip attached. Many thanks for your assistance. George 57234
  10. Bsod unexpected_store_exception

Bsod unexpected_store_exception: Hi everyone, (Sorry for my bad english) I have a problem for months with my Windows 10. Firstly, my wireless card (Qualcomm AR922X/TP-Link WN951N) crashes frequently (probably because of the driver provided by Microsoft). Then, I have frequently (at least one time by...