Windows 10: BSOD playing Games like CIV 6

Discus and support BSOD playing Games like CIV 6 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; While playing my Computer randomly crashes. It happended several times now and i don't know where the issue is. The Computer once had a several BSOD in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PRoxx, Dec 28, 2016.

1. PRoxx Win User

BSOD playing Games like CIV 6

While playing my Computer randomly crashes. It happended several times now and i don't know where the issue is. The Computer once had a several BSOD in succession, but works again. It also happend while watching a movie.

I also get a Blackscreen randomly without doing anything. The screen becomes black,sometimes red, and works again after a reset. Therefore i guess it is GPU related but i am not very sure, because it also happend just while watching a movie.

Attachment 115148

:)

PRoxx, Dec 28, 2016
  2. LDRay Win User

Is anyone else having problems with Games Like Civ II on Windows 10?

Is anyone else having problems with Games Like Civ II on Windows 10? For example creating a city causes Civ II to crash. This worked before upgrade from Win 7

LDRay, Dec 28, 2016
  3. How to get older games to work on windows 10

Can anyone give me some tips on trying to run older games on Windows 10?

I have an HP pavilion Laptop

amd processor

hd 7520g video

Im trying to run these games and most wont even load in any of the campitibility modes....

Civ 3 Conquest

Civ IV

Simcity 4 (i have read this works but i have had no luck)

Age of Empires II and its expansion.

These are all old school CD stand alone games not from STEAM.

Please help I love to play Civ 3 in my down time....

RandyBrehm, Dec 28, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi PRoxx,

Welcome to the 10forums *Smile

Please check MSI for BIOS updates.

Code: Error code: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000428 (3221226536) - Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source.[/quote] So, taking in account the latest crashes and this error, our first step is to look for possible problems in the hardware and/or Windows files.

BSOD playing Games like CIV 6 [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Test
    System File Check
    Please try following:
    • Open an admin command prompt
    • Copy/paste "sfc /scannow" (without quotes) and press enter
    • When it is finished reboot your system
    • Open again an admin command prompt
    • Enter sfc/scannow again
    If sfc/scannow says "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them" after the second SFC, please upload the cbs.log file located at %systemroot%\Logs\CBS\, if the file is too large try a 3rd party uploader like dropbox, onedrive, google drive, mediafire etc.
    System File Check(SFC a.k.a. Windows Resource Protection) needs to have your system rebooted in order for sfc to try to fix the problems that it finds.

Make a photo of SFC and post it.

Diagnostics Test
    HDD TEST
    *Arrow Run HDTune to
    • check the health,
    • scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    • run a benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    When above is done please make screenshots of the following
    • the health,
    • the error scan,
    • the benchmark incl. following
      • transfer rate,
      • access time,
      • burst rate,
      • cpu usage.

*Arrow Run SeaTools DOS to check the integrity of your HDD. SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Run the long test.
    *Arrow Run chkdsk
    Disk Check - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Use option TWO with parameter /r
    Upload the chkdsk log *Arrow Check Disk (chkdsk) - Read Event Viewer Log - Windows 7 Help Forums

Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Make a photo of the result and post it.

Addition:
    If errors show up you can stop the test, remove all sticks but 1 and test this single stick in each slot for 8 passes or until errors show, switch sticks and repeat.
    If errors show up and you see them a lot later, no problem, the errors don't affect the test.

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including PSU, cooling and other used stuff like mouse, keyboard, monitor, case, etc.
    The PSU, cooling and other stuff are NOT mentioned in the tool.
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'. After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.

5. PRoxx Win User
    I already updated my System specs and MSI BIOS. I also did the System FIle Check, which basically said that there are no corrupt files .
    Attachment 115199

PRoxx, Dec 28, 2016
  6. PRoxx Win User
    So i just did all the Hard Drive Test with both of my Hard Drives, except the SeaTools, since i have a SSD. Also after i used chkdsk on my (CBSOD playing Games like CIV 6 :) Drive I got again an BSOD.
    Attachment 115234Attachment 115235Attachment 115233

Attachment 115237Attachment 115236Attachment 115238

Attachment 115239 SSD (CBSOD playing Games like CIV 6 :)
    Attachment 115246 HDD (DBSOD playing Games like CIV 6 :)

PRoxx, Dec 29, 2016
  7. PRoxx Win User
    So I just finished doing some tests with MemTest and i think i now know what is wrong with my Computer. It turns out that my RAM is corrupt (might also be the Mainboard),since every Test I did had several hundred of Errors.Attachment 115255 Attachment 115256Attachment 115257Attachment 115258

PRoxx, Dec 29, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

Good to hear you found the cause *Smile

9. PRoxx Win User
    Thanks for your help, appreciate it *Smile

PRoxx, Dec 29, 2016
  10. axe0 New Member
Thema:

1. BSOD playing Games like CIV 6 - Similar Threads - BSOD playing Games

2. BSOD playing games like Roblox or Minecraft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD playing games like Roblox or Minecraft: When I play games like Roblox or Minecraft, it will blue screen usually after a while of playing. The device I'm using is the Gigabyte G5 GD Gaming laptop and I already took it to the manufacturer to get tested and repaired and they said that there were no problems. Some of...
  3. BSOD playing games like Roblox or Minecraft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD playing games like Roblox or Minecraft: When I play games like Roblox or Minecraft, it will blue screen usually after a while of playing. The device I'm using is the Gigabyte G5 GD Gaming laptop and I already took it to the manufacturer to get tested and repaired and they said that there were no problems. Some of...
  4. Cannot start my game civ 6

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot start my game civ 6: HeyWhen i try to start my game it crashed and a message comes that says "t2gp.exe - incorrect memory image" and then "error status 0xc0000020". This only happens on 1 of my games civ 6. I tried verifiering the steam files several times, repairing files through the command...
  5. HELP! Win 10 freezes in normal mode except when playing Civ 6

in Windows 10 Support
    HELP! Win 10 freezes in normal mode except when playing Civ 6: Guys, I am at my wit's end. My system keeps freezing minutes after booting into Win 10 Pro. This freezing only happened recently, around 2 weeks. Previously worked perfectly for more than half a year. The super strange thing about it, is that when I play Civilization 6, it...
  6. BSOD Playing Games

BSOD Playing Games: Hello everyone, thanks for gifting me your time and patience. I came to this Forum in need of help, as my new computer is acting crazy since few weeks and i'm starting to believe it may have Hardware Issue, since i really tried everything possible from flashing bios,...
  7. BSOD Playing Games

BSOD Playing Games: Well my computer is a year old now and only starting August 2018 i got my first BSOD. I am suspecting its because my nvidia driver was to old the game i played was Shadows Awakening. After i got BSOD i uninstall my old drivers and use DDU on safe mode after that i install...
  8. BSOD while playing games (E:D & Civ 5) or Youtube

BSOD while playing games (E:D & Civ 5) or Youtube: Hi All, Hoping to ask for help with frequent BSOD while playing games. When playing games (Elite Dangerous or Civ5) and playing Youtube, I will eventually receive a BSOD screen (I've posted an upload of those files in the link below). I've gone through the following...
  9. BSOD when playing games like csgo or destiny 2

BSOD when playing games like csgo or destiny 2: Hey guys, So like the title says, I only get a BSOD when i'm gaming. Already ran all the scans and repairs possible. Now i resinstalled windows pro 10 and still the same. I'm pretty stuck with what to do. Could use some help, Thanks in advance. Dylan .zip 101907
  10. BSOD playing games

BSOD playing games: Hello, i started having frequent Blue screens of death playing video games. I do not know what is causing this. Could someone please help? Attachment 110126 Attachment 110433 Here is the msinfo report that had to be manually dont due to the exe not working at that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. civ 6 bsod