Windows 10: BSOD playing guildwars2, error: IRQL_NOT_OR_LESS_EQUAL

Discus and support BSOD playing guildwars2, error: IRQL_NOT_OR_LESS_EQUAL in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Multiple BSOD's, I installed windows 8 initially (had a windows 8 installation CD), then upgraded to windows 10 Pro for free after a few hours (this is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by piegamer, Oct 21, 2015.

1. piegamer Win User

BSOD playing guildwars2, error: IRQL_NOT_OR_LESS_EQUAL

Multiple BSOD's, I installed windows 8 initially (had a windows 8 installation CD), then upgraded to windows 10 Pro for free after a few hours (this is a new build - 1 or 2 weeks old). Generally crashes after running for at least 5/10 minutes. Last crash was while running GW2 (GuildWars2.com). I don't remember what I was doing when the other crashes happened.

As per posting instructions, the log and dump files generated using the file at (http://www.sevenforums.com/dl/dm_log_collector.exe) are located in the attached zip.

My Motherboard is GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1151 - GA-Z170X-Gaming 5-EU (rev. 1.0)

In device manager, my Ethernet adapter (I believe it to be E2200) is marked as missing/incorrect drivers. I tried installing drivers for it using the killer driver application and suite (first from the motherboard CD, then from the killer site itself.). I then tried installing drivers only using (Killer Networking - Standard Drivers (no Killer features) ) but windows device manager doesn't believe any drivers are contained in the download location I linked. I only tried reinstalling the Ethernet drivers this evening after the most recent crash.

Thanks everyone *Smile

:)

piegamer, Oct 21, 2015
  2. P. Stone Win User

Windows 10, BSOD - ntoskrnl.exe problem

Just had the BSOD error "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA"

I was trying to play the game Firewatch at the time, launched into a save state. Almost immediately froze and then the BSOD appeared.

Any suggestions?

P. Stone, Oct 21, 2015
  3. BSOD with error driver_irql_not_less_or_equal

*Original TItle: The bad bsod

Hi

I was playing minecraft. Suddenly my pc shows bsod with this error driver_irql_not_less_or_equal

Then it restarts. When I entered password and boot into the windows it showed bsod with this error. Then it restarts and I entered my password then I see this bsod again and this position repeated up to when I open my computer quickly after the reboot but
    I scare I see this bsod again. Please tell me how to solve this

علیرضاصمیمی, Oct 21, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi piegamer,

Welcome to the 10forums.

The Windows driver for the USB connection has been marked.
    Code: Probably caused by : USBXHCI.SYS[/quote] As it is a read error with the memory, the question that is important: do you have anything connected to your pc via USB outside of mouse and keyboard?
    Code: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1) An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually caused by drivers using improper addresses. If kernel debugger is available get stack backtrace. Arguments: Arg1: 00000000000000b8, memory referenced Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL Arg3: 0000000000000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation Arg4: fffff801f3c93f7c, address which referenced memory[/quote] Old drivers
    Code: MBfilt64 MBfilt64.sys Fri Jul 31 05:40:32 2009 (4A7267B0) // Realtek HD Audio driver gdrv gdrv.sys Thu Jul 04 06:27:55 2013 (51D4F9CB) // Gigabyte Easy Saver driver[/quote] Check Realtek for driver updates.
    Check Gigabyte for software updates or remove Gigabyte software, I recommend removing as such (pre-)installed software is usually not properly coded.

5. piegamer Win User
    Hi Axe, thanks *Smile

I only have my microsoft curve keyboard and logitech G502 connected via USB. I have a HyperX cloud headset plugged into the green/red sound output/input ports on my case. These connect internally directly onto the motherboard I believe. I should add when playing GW2 (last time at least) I had teamspeak open and running as well.

I've changed my realtech driver to the Generic Windows 10 driver from their site. I can't find any way to update the Gigabyte easy manager driver. I've removed gigabyte APP center (Software). In BIOS there is an option for power management (Which I believe would cause gdrv.sys to be used) disabled (by default).
    I've left gdrv.sys installed as it seems to be used for mobo operation. I hope the realtech update/Gigabyte software removal stops BSOD's. If I get another one I'll update on here with a new zip capture which should include the new dump file.

Thank you *Smile. If I don't get any more BSOD's in the next few weeks I'll come back and commend you/mark as solved.

piegamer, Oct 21, 2015
  6. piegamer Win User
    Hi again Axe. I was playing gw2 gain today with firefox, teamspeak, GPU-Z also open. Again I only had my keyboard and mouse connected. I ran the log/dump zip generator again. Please find the zip it created attached *Smile.

Thank you in advance for any advice or assistance you or anyone else can provide!

piegamer, Oct 23, 2015
  7. axe0 New Member
    It is almost the same, a read error with the Windows USB driver marked as the cause.
    This time a network driver has been flagged.
    As this is the driver from an USB as the name says, it is recommended to always keep it up to date
    You might find driver updates here
    Code: 0: kd> lmvm netr28ux start end module name fffff800`db400000 fffff800`db629000 netr28ux T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: netr28ux.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\netr28ux.sys Image name: netr28ux.sys Timestamp: Thu Sep 17 14:42:37 2015 (55FAB53D) CheckSum: 002302D0 ImageSize: 00229000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

8. piegamer Win User

Hey, you were right *Smile It was a USB network driver. I was using a USB network adapter which wasn't compatible with windows 10.. haha I completely forgot that I was connected by USB not by ethernet. Thanks *Smile

piegamer, Jan 8, 2016
  9. axe0 New Member
    Hope you won't get any bluescreens anymore *Smile

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD playing guildwars2, error: IRQL_NOT_OR_LESS_EQUAL - Similar Threads - BSOD playing guildwars2

2. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILIURE and IRQL_NOT_OR_LESS_EQUAL when playing some games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILIURE and IRQL_NOT_OR_LESS_EQUAL when playing some games: I've been having some crashing on my PC for a while now, 6 months ago it was due to my CPU overheating and replacing the thermal paste helped. The crashing has returned but my CPU temps aren't getting high enough to warrant crashing. I get one of these errors after browsing...
  3. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILIURE and IRQL_NOT_OR_LESS_EQUAL when playing some games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILIURE and IRQL_NOT_OR_LESS_EQUAL when playing some games: I've been having some crashing on my PC for a while now, 6 months ago it was due to my CPU overheating and replacing the thermal paste helped. The crashing has returned but my CPU temps aren't getting high enough to warrant crashing. I get one of these errors after browsing...
  4. IRQL_NOT_OR_LESS_EQUAL due to ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IRQL_NOT_OR_LESS_EQUAL due to ntoskrnl.exe: Have had this problem for a while now although it doesn't happen or is at least much less likely to happen when playing a steam game.I tried to place the dump file in but it didn't work. it was 3GB as I changed it to a full dump so that's why its so large. but is the size the...
  5. IRQL_NOT_OR_LESS_EQUAL due to ntoskrnl.exe

IRQL_NOT_OR_LESS_EQUAL due to ntoskrnl.exe: Have had this problem for a while now although it doesn't happen or is at least much less likely to happen when playing a steam game.I tried to place the dump file in but it didn't work. it was 3GB as I changed it to a full dump so that's why its so large. but is the size the...
  6. IRQL_NOT_OR_LESS_EQUAL bluescreens and RAM troubles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IRQL_NOT_OR_LESS_EQUAL bluescreens and RAM troubles: I've been having IRQL_NOT_OR_LESS_EQUAL windows 11 bluescreens for a while and can't find a way to fix it.Here are the methods I've tried:-windows memory diagnostic multiple times-every recommended cmd prompt command I've found although I'm happy to do more-automatically and...
  7. IRQL_NOT_OR_LESS_EQUAL bluescreens and RAM troubles

IRQL_NOT_OR_LESS_EQUAL bluescreens and RAM troubles: I've been having IRQL_NOT_OR_LESS_EQUAL windows 11 bluescreens for a while and can't find a way to fix it.Here are the methods I've tried:-windows memory diagnostic multiple times-every recommended cmd prompt command I've found although I'm happy to do more-automatically and...
  8. BSOD playing GTA, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE ERROR

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD playing GTA, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE ERROR: Playing GTA got this Error my PC RestartedAttachment 45728 28380
  9. BSOD playing H1Z1 with different errors

BSOD playing H1Z1 with different errors: Okay well to start off I have upgraded to windows 10 and I have so far loved it, other than the fact that i keep getting a BSOD when I play games like H1Z1. It will work sometimes but others it crashes. I have done a lot of research to try quick fixes with the game but...
  10. BSOD playing GuildWars2, DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

BSOD playing GuildWars2, DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: Hi, In the past I have gotten this BSOD "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION" a couple times but recently it has been almost once an hour. I have read through several other threads and gotten the program BlueScreenView and can see that ntoskrnl.exe is mentioned on all of the .dmp...