Windows 10: BSOD playing Overwatch; error code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Discus and support BSOD playing Overwatch; error code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Guys, Recently I have been experiencing freezes which is sometimes followed up by a BSOD with the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error code. Been looking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by lamerx, Dec 6, 2018.

1. lamerx Win User

BSOD playing Overwatch; error code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Hi Guys,

Recently I have been experiencing freezes which is sometimes followed up by a BSOD with the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error code. Been looking through many solutions to regarding this error and none of them have helped, including changing the SATA/AHCI drivers to the standard ones. The freezing seems to happen at random intervals, it could happen 2 minutes into the game or an hour in.

Event Viewer shows a bugcheck error:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000133 (0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000001e00, 0xfffff80270cf7378, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: b7beb885-5a9e-4504-971f-360f69509db9.

Attached are the minidump retrieved and the DM logs. I have included the minidump from a previous crash as well (with the same error code and also during a game of Overwatch).

Hope you guys can help! Thanks!

:)

lamerx, Dec 6, 2018

2. BSODs playing Overwatch, multiple codes

Another BSOD, this time playing Overwatch, but not running driver verifier. It was a different error this time, but I don't remember exactly what it was.

Chowderdude, Dec 6, 2018
  3. BSODs playing Overwatch, multiple codes

I was just playing some Overwatch to test my computer and I had another BSOD, though I feel like it took longer than usual this time to crash. It was another "MEMORY MANAGEMENT" error, crash dump attached here.

Should I try the driver verifier again?

Chowderdude, Dec 6, 2018
  4. BSOD playing Overwatch; error code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

BSODs playing Overwatch, multiple codes

Hi Ztruker,

Sorry for the lag in communications; I cleanly reinstalled Windows 10 this past Sunday, and I've played a couple games since then. So far, no BSODs, though Overwatch itself did crash once (that might be an Overwatch problem, I'm not sure). I'll keep testing it over the next week or two, and if there are no issues, I'll mark the thread as solved.

Thanks!

Chowderdude, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

BSOD playing Overwatch; error code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

1. BSOD playing Overwatch; error code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION - Similar Threads - BSOD playing Overwatch

2. BSOD when starting or playing Overwatch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when starting or playing Overwatch: Hello there,I'm getting bluescreens sometimes when I play Overwatch or when I am starting it.It happens randomly and I already checked my ssd and inserted new RAM into the computer.Also I tried to reinstall Windows and reinstalled / updated all drivers.Could you help me to...
  3. BSOD when starting or playing Overwatch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when starting or playing Overwatch: Hello there,I'm getting bluescreens sometimes when I play Overwatch or when I am starting it.It happens randomly and I already checked my ssd and inserted new RAM into the computer.Also I tried to reinstall Windows and reinstalled / updated all drivers.Could you help me to...
  4. BSOD When playing Overwatch 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD When playing Overwatch 2: Hi there,I've been getting the BSOD with the label DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when playing Overwatch 2 frequently. I've searched it and some say it's a driver issue but I'm not sure.Here are the files:Dump FilesmsinfoThanks so much!...
  5. BSOD code error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

BSOD code error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: Since today, I have had several BSOD while playing League of Legends and I don't know why. The error code returned refers to DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION, and before the BSOD, the system starts to freeze and audio repeats itself like when system runs out of RAM. Here there are two...
  6. BSOD playing League of Legends / Overwatch

BSOD playing League of Legends / Overwatch: I keep getting blue screens and I did my own basic research on the errors and have had no luck. If I could get some help on this it would be much appreciated. 62318
  7. BSOD while playing Overwatch: error 0x00000124

BSOD while playing Overwatch: error 0x00000124: Hey guys, I just recently downloaded Overwatch and started playing a few hours ago when I suddenly got a BSOD that stated "Whea Uncorrectable Error" as a code. This is a fairly new laptop that I've had for less than 6 months. I've gotten a handful of BSODs over the past 6...
  8. BSOD Playing Overwatch, Whea_uncorrectable_error

BSOD Playing Overwatch, Whea_uncorrectable_error: Hey everyone, I got my very first BSOD when i am playing overwatch. I'm using my laptop almost 2 years. Windows 10 x64, 8Gb ram, Intel i7-5700hq 2.7ghz. And using One Hdd, one ssd and """ m2-pci express ssd on m2 port. my computer brand says it s not supported at m2-pci...
  9. ASUS BSOD crash error code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

ASUS BSOD crash error code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: I've been having issues recently with my ASUS laptop getting the BSOD on a regular basis when watching videos (specifically youtube) and recently when not watching anything at all, although this is the first time it has happened while not watching a video, or having a video...
  10. BSODs playing Overwatch, multiple codes

BSODs playing Overwatch, multiple codes: Hi all, I've recently started playing Overwatch, and it's been resulting in BSODs and crashes every so often, making the game pretty difficult to play (it's also happened once during Far Cry 3 recently, which is strange, since I had been running that game fine for the most...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. overwatch BSOD pc overwatch_violation

2. overwatch crash memory management error