Windows 10: BSOD playing Overwatch; Now stuck in boot loop with WDF01000.sys fail

Discus and support BSOD playing Overwatch; Now stuck in boot loop with WDF01000.sys fail in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello TenForums, I was hoping someone could address an issue I was having today. The issues cropped up a month ago or so with a few BSOD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by nmcnick, Nov 17, 2016.

1. nmcnick Win User

BSOD playing Overwatch; Now stuck in boot loop with WDF01000.sys fail

Hello TenForums,

I was hoping someone could address an issue I was having today.

The issues cropped up a month ago or so with a few BSOD detailing a Security_Kernel_Error. Then it went silent for awhile.

However, just last night while playing Overwatch I got a BSOD, or orange screen of death rather, that said "WHEA_UNCONTROLLABLE_ERROR"

Ever since, my computer was stuck in a never ending restart loop each ending in a BSOD saying "BAD_POOL_CALLER" "What failed: Wdf01000.sys" until I entered safe mode and now it is usable, but only during safe mode.

Hopefully the attached logs can help you find whats wrong with my computer as it is very stressful! Thank you very much for further feedback.

Attachment 110481

EDIT: I looked through the logs and saw Ilok driver as one of the last drivers loaded so I uninstalled it and took it out of my usb slot for now and am still getting crashes but now it says "SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY_CORRUPTION", "Driver_Verifier_Detected_Violation", and "BAD_POOL_CALLER" on the BSOD. I will attach my new logs here.

Attachment 110485

:)

nmcnick, Nov 17, 2016

2. Windows 10 Error

Windows 10 fails frequently with different errors, could anyone help me with this.

System restarts after the fail.

Stop code:

-Kernal Security Check Failure,

-Driver IRQL not Less or Equal, What failed: Wdf01000.sys,

-System Thread Exception not Handled, what failed: UsbHub3.sys

Shafeeq abu, Nov 17, 2016
  3. Stopcode Loop NTFS FILE SYSTEM to FAT FILE SYSTEM

Hi

Also stuck In this loop,

NTFS.and FAT FILE SYS

Starts auto repair but it keeps failing,so can't get to start up...

Any ideas?

Jeferis

JeferisjayBanksy, Nov 17, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

The 11/18 3:44, 3:55 and 3:56 dumps are empty, 0 length.

Why are you running with Driver Verifier enabled? That's only for use for short periods of time to look for problems with device drivers. Please follow the directions here to turn it off, rthen run and see if still problems or not:
    ===================================================
    Driver Verifier
    is a diagnostic tool built into Windows 10, it is designed to verify both native Microsoft drivers and third party drivers. Driver Verifier's verification process involves putting heavy stress on drivers with the intention of making bad, outdated, incompatible or misbehaving drivers fail. The required result is a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) which will generate a crash dump for debugging purposes.
    Machines exposed to Driver Verifier will run very sluggishly due to the stress being applied to the drivers.

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable in Windows 10

Warning:
    It is not advised to run Driver Verifier for more than 48 hours at a time. Disable Driver Verifier after 48 hours or after receiving a BSOD, whichever happens soonest.

Always create a Restore Point prior to enabling Driver Verifier.

What we're looking for is a BSOD with a mini dump that will tell us what driver caused it.

Ztruker, Nov 18, 2016
Thema:

1. BSOD playing Overwatch; Now stuck in boot loop with WDF01000.sys fail - Similar Threads - BSOD playing Overwatch

2. Wdf01000.sys BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wdf01000.sys BSOD: I was suspicous that my drivers were infected with malware, so I did some research and have read somewhere that verifying the drivers signature can validify on whether or not I have a virus.So I ran Driver Verifier and selected the option 'automatically select all drivers...
  3. BSOD and wdf01000.sys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD and wdf01000.sys: In short. Recently i get BSOD screen and im on edge of breakdown. There is normal WhoCrashed report when i boot computer without anything. (I included minidump file below) On Mon 05.10.2020 22:28:56 your computer crashed or a problem was reported crash dump file:...
  4. Full pc freeze when playing overwatch. Error with Wdf01000.sys ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Full pc freeze when playing overwatch. Error with Wdf01000.sys ?: Hi All, This is actually the first time that i have a pc issue that i am not able to resolve. I'm a dedicated Overwatch competitive player and i am having random crashes while playing the game. my system: - Windows 10 64bit - I7 6700k - 16 Gig memory - GTX 1070 - 2x 250g...
  5. BSOD playing Overwatch, error L1C63x64.sys

BSOD playing Overwatch, error L1C63x64.sys: Hi all, I have been experiencing this BSOD: Driver IRQL Not Less or Equal, L1C63x64.sys for a few months now. When it happens, it is only when I am in the middle of gaming (Overwatch). After some research, I see that there are many of the same problems with my ethernet...
  6. BSOD: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP (Wdf01000.sys)

BSOD: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP (Wdf01000.sys): Hi all, Having intermittent troubles with BSODs, not sure of the cause, usually happens during general use (Chrome browsing, VLC media player running). Here are the log files - and help would be much appreciated! Attachment 114878 73358
  7. wdf01000.sys BSOD

wdf01000.sys BSOD: Hey, this is more of a question. My keyboard has been malfunctioning due to liquid damage, so to disable it I installed an incompatible keyboard/touchpad driver intentionally. The day after, I've been getting wdf01000.sys BSOD errors during startup, which brings me to a...
  8. BSOD while gaming - wdf01000.sys

BSOD while gaming - wdf01000.sys: Hi gents, I have created an account here to ask for some assistance because I am at wit's end with my BSOD issues. Early January 2018 my PC started acting up and BSODing like a wild savage while gaming. MemTest, OCCT all passed just fine so I moved from a hardware to a...
  9. Frequent BSOD Wdf01000.sys

Frequent BSOD Wdf01000.sys: I've been getting BSODs when leaving my computer idle. Not running anything intensive. From looking at the minidump file I can't find much other than it's probably because of the Wdf01000.sys driver. Hopefully you can get all of the information you need from the .zip file I...
  10. Windows 10 BSOD Boot Loop, WDF01000.SYS error

Windows 10 BSOD Boot Loop, WDF01000.SYS error: I was just browsing the web when my machine locked up and started going into a boot loop that would go to attempting repair, diagnosing problem and then would loop again with the Windows 10 PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (wdf01000.sys). The machine will let me choose the safe...
Tags: