Windows 10: BSOD Playing Rome 2, error code 0xc000000f, cng.sys missing or corrupt

Discus and support BSOD Playing Rome 2, error code 0xc000000f, cng.sys missing or corrupt in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; First off I am new to the Windows 10 forum so please let me know if I'm doing anything wrong, thanks! Ok now to my problem. I was playing Total War... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SpeedyMcGee, Jan 11, 2017.

1. BSOD Playing Rome 2, error code 0xc000000f, cng.sys missing or corrupt

First off I am new to the Windows 10 forum so please let me know if I'm doing anything wrong, thanks!

Ok now to my problem. I was playing Total War Rome 2 when my PC crashed and went right to the BSOD, saying that Microsoft was gathering information about my system, and it would restart when it was complete. I went away for about 2 hours and when I got back, it was still at the same stage. I powered down my PC and when it restarted I was at the Automatic Repair screen. There are several options, but none of them work. Even the advanced options like safe mode and straight up reinstalling windows do nothing. They all just make the screen black for a few seconds, the right back to a menu saying Automatic Repair has failed.

I've tried several options via the command prompt since it's the only working option I have, but no dice. The initial Automatic Repair screen shows is this,"There was a problem booting your PC/Device. A file was found missing or corrupt. File: cng.sys Error code: 0xc000000f" The things I tried through the command prompt were guides I found through google searches. They pretty much all were commands relating to bcdedit. There is a log file located at E:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrails.txt. It reports an error due to the boot manager.

Please tell me if there is anything I can provide to help, also please note that I can't access my PC so any "screenshots" will have to be from my phone. Thanks for any help you can provide.*Smile

:)

SpeedyMcGee, Jan 11, 2017

2. PC keeps crashing during gaming (Kernel-Power: Event ID 41 Task Category 63)

Had another BSOD there while playing Rome 2 Total War.

'Kernel Security Check Failure'

Pugzilla69, Jan 11, 2017
  3. PC wont start. BOOTABLE USB doesnt work

Hello, there.

My PC can't start. After appear the logo, it have BSoD with stop code NTFS FILE SYSTEM. Then for seconds, another error with message:

"Recover

Your PC couldn't start propely A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed.

Error code: 0xc000000f

You'll need to use recovery tools. ..."

Then I turn SATA mode from AHCI to IDE and NTFS FILE SYSTEM error fixed. Just the 0xc000000f still have problem.

I downloaded Win10_1703_English_64x.iso from microsoft website and use Rufus to make the bootable USB on my friend's PC. I plugged the bootable usb in my error pc, disable secure boot, enable csm launch and boot the usb. Still not work with message:

"Recovery

Your Pc/device need to be repaired

The Boot configuration Data for your pc is missing or contains error.

File: \Boot\BCD

Error code: 0xc000000f

You'll need to use recovery tools..."

Please help!

MạnhTrần Văn, Jan 11, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

BSOD Playing Rome 2, error code 0xc000000f, cng.sys missing or corrupt

Hello and welcome to the TenForums *Smile

As we can't get the log files from you it is going to be harder to trace the cause.

From your description thecng.sys file is mentioned, this is a Windows system file so if you can get to the command prompt can you run the sfc /scannow command which will repair any system files. See if this helps.

Another option is to try a recovery disk which you can make on another machine, see Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk

philc43, Jan 12, 2017
Thema:

BSOD Playing Rome 2, error code 0xc000000f, cng.sys missing or corrupt

1. BSOD Playing Rome 2, error code 0xc000000f, cng.sys missing or corrupt - Similar Threads - BSOD Playing Rome

2. Plz help! Error code: 0xc000000f windows\ssem32\winload.e file missing or corrupt. not booting!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Plz help! Error code: 0xc000000f windows\ssem32\winload.e file missing or corrupt. not booting!: Dear all, During process of re-installation of OS- WINDOWS 10 due to certain corrupt incident post regular update process} via USB re-installation media, the said re-installation process go stalled just at 98% stage. Thereafter on re-installation attempt this blue...
  3. error code 0xc000000f

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    error code 0xc000000f: got passed the BSOD with this error code and now have a screen that says Boot devise menu. What do I need to do next? Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-0xc000000f/7ec4f23d-b83c-4d32-84c1-f334803aa9a3
  4. Missing File: \Windows\system32\winload.efi. Error code: 0xc000000f

Missing File: \Windows\system32\winload.efi. Error code: 0xc000000f: Recently my Dell Inspiron 15 3541 had an automatic critical upgrade. Couple days later, I found white spots on the left margin, on booting and my cursor was just shaking. I was not able to enter the password to log in. I tried Dell's Back up and Recovery, PSA Pre boot...
  5. I’m showing on the BSOD error code 0xc000000f

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I’m showing on the BSOD error code 0xc000000f: I need a list of error codes where moght i find them .... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-showing-on-the-bsod-error-code-0xc000000f/d92c4b00-3c3c-418d-8fbc-505881a52c74
  6. error code 0xc000000f

error code 0xc000000f: Do not have win cd or disk player. Is it possible to repair? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-0xc000000f/bc11b090-b455-4627-9cf9-af4e7526dbd5
  7. Error Code 0xc000000f

Error Code 0xc000000f: My son's laptop couldn't start properly and had an error code: 0xc000000f and it is saying that I need a recovery tool. Any information to help me fix this are truly appreciated....
  8. Error code 0xc000000F

Error code 0xc000000F: So recently my mum tried to turn on her laptop (a Dell Latitude E7440) and it wouldn't work, just went to the automatic repair screen. After watching a I watched few youtube videos and trying a couple of things, it now goes to the recovery page when I start it up. It says:...
  9. BSOD at bootup, error code 0xc000000f

BSOD at bootup, error code 0xc000000f: My daughter tried to start her laptop this morning to be confronted by a blue Recovery screen. It looks decidedly like a BSOD but I could not follow the posting instructions for this forum because the laptop won't boot. The message reads:...
  10. BSOD error: 0xc000000f/ drive C corrupted 0xc0000255

BSOD error: 0xc000000f/ drive C corrupted 0xc0000255: Hello, In the last few weeks I have received continuous messages stating: failure of update the latest version of windows 10 insufficient disk space(8GB required), I have ignored them all and did'nt clear up any space on my pc (4GB left) either. My computer became very slow...
Tags: