Windows 10: bsod playing rust(has been a few differant error codes)

Discus and support bsod playing rust(has been a few differant error codes) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; have been experiancing bsod's for the last few days on rust (game either spits the dummy or it bsod's) have a funny feeling it may be linked to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by boxhead1990, Aug 6, 2016.

1. bsod playing rust(has been a few differant error codes)

have been experiancing bsod's for the last few days on rust (game either spits the dummy or it bsod's)

have a funny feeling it may be linked to my gpu or something else could be the cause, not entirely sure but if i was i wouldnt be here posting this now would i haha

thanks in advance to who ever comes to my rescue on this.

Attachment 94617

:)

boxhead1990, Aug 6, 2016
  2. Di}{iE Win User

BSOD troubleshooting help

Hello and thanks in advance you your help and knowledge. I have been getting hard BSOD crashes constantly while playing Rust the last couple of days. I don't know if this is related, but a new patch just game out for the game and it started after that.
    I get the BSOD with a message 90% of the time that says IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL and a couple of times it has given me KERNAL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE. 95% of the crashes have been while playing rust, sometimes after only 5 minutes, other times after a couple
    of hours. I have crashed as well from the desktop with BSOD while not in rust at all a couple times; those times have been usually right after the computer restarts after the first crash.

Things I've done so far:

-verified Rust local game files on Steam

-Rolled back Nvidia driver to older version

-uninstalled and reinstalled realtek sound driver

-unplugged all peripherals including controllers and usb headset (except mouse and keyboard)

-Reset BIOS to default settings (i didn't have anything overclocked anyway but just in case)

-lots of swearing

I have put a link to my 16 dump files and my MSinfo32 file on OneDrive here:

DMP files

MSinfo32

Thanks so much in advance!

Di}{iE, Aug 6, 2016
  3. Taklop Win User
    Windows 10 BSOD (driver irql, clock watchdog)

Both Drivers have now been updated. BSOD crashes are far more infrequent but the freezing/lockups/hangs, remain, and they don't provide a dump file as far as I know.

The game I was playing at the time (Rust) recovered from one of them and created a few files, including a .dmp, I will upload all of the files in a zip and maybe that will help you diagnose it. (This is the first time it has recovered from the freeze, and
    actually generated anything,it normally results in a reboot)

Here is a link to the dumpfiles generated by the game: Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

Taklop, Aug 6, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

bsod playing rust(has been a few differant error codes)

8/6 11:11 dump indicates a problem with nvlddmkm.sys:
    Code: BugCheck A, {202a, 2, 0, fffff801df0e4d3a} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys Probably caused by : dxgmms2.sys ( dxgmms2!VidSchiProcessPresentHistoryToken+fc )[/quote] dxgmms2.sys is considered the probable cause but very unlikely. This is a Microsoft module which is part of DirectX support.

You have the latest available Nvidia driver so not much you can do there other than try some of the older ones.

The dump also indicated qa problems with athuw8x.sys:
    Code: fffff801`e0ce7fc8 fffff800`ef78c201Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\athuw8x.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for athuw8x.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for athuw8x.sys athuw8x+0x2ac201[/quote] This belongs to your Qualcomm Atheros wireless device, which is pretty old and needs to be updated:
    Code: 5/14/2013 2:06:43 PM C:\Windows\system32\drivers\athuw8x.sys[/quote] See this web page: Windows 10 Compatibility for TP-LINK Products
    see if there is a newer driver for the device.

Ztruker, Aug 8, 2016
  5. dxgmms2.sys is considered the probable cause but very unlikely. This is a Microsoft module which is part of DirectX support.

You have the latest available Nvidia driver so not much you can do there other than try some of the older ones.

The dump also indicated qa problems with athuw8x.sys:
    Code: fffff801`e0ce7fc8 fffff800`ef78c201Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\athuw8x.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for athuw8x.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for athuw8x.sys athuw8x+0x2ac201[/quote] This belongs to your Qualcomm Atheros wireless device, which is pretty old and needs to be updated:
    Code: 5/14/2013 2:06:43 PM C:\Windows\system32\drivers\athuw8x.sys[/quote] See this web page: Windows 10 Compatibility for TP-LINK Products
    see if there is a newer driver for the device.[/quote]

iv recently pulled a memory stick and issue has been fixed, my wifi adaptor is on my to do list as it pops up as an issue alot and il be buying something newer to replace it as the driver they list on the site doesnt supourt my adaptor for some reason

boxhead1990, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

bsod playing rust(has been a few differant error codes)

1. bsod playing rust(has been a few differant error codes) - Similar Threads - bsod playing rust

2. BSOD with different Error Codes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD with different Error Codes: Hi there, I've been having BSOD issues with my PC for a few months, it has been completely random as to when it occurs. It was once every few days, but as of yesterday its been happening a lot more frequently. Each time giving me a different stop code. I have tried doing...
  3. BSOD with different Error Codes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD with different Error Codes: Hi there, I've been having BSOD issues with my PC for a few months, it has been completely random as to when it occurs. It was once every few days, but as of yesterday its been happening a lot more frequently. Each time giving me a different stop code. I have tried doing...
  4. BSOD's with a few different LiveKernelEvent errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD's with a few different LiveKernelEvent errors: I recently built a new system with a Ryzen 9 5950X and so far it hasn't been great. I've gotten a lot of BSOD's overtime and they are always WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR and whenever I check my Reliability History after a crash and there's always a "Hardware Error" in the most...
  5. BSOD's with a few different LiveKernelEvent errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD's with a few different LiveKernelEvent errors: I recently built a new system with a Ryzen 9 5950X and so far it hasn't been great. I've gotten a lot of BSOD's overtime and they are always WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR and whenever I check my Reliability History after a crash and there's always a "Hardware Error" in the most...
  6. BSOD's with a few different LiveKernelEvent errors

7. Constant BSODs while playing Rust

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Constant BSODs while playing Rust: Sometimes the game will crash to desktop and not result in a BSOD.. all critical events appear to be the same per event viewer.. any ideas? Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date: 2/7/2021 11:08:19 AM Event ID: 41 Task Category: (63) Level:...
  8. BSOD with differents error code

BSOD with differents error code: So i bought a new PC about last week ago. And lately it's shutting down by itself while i'm on doing stuff on the computer. It doesn't seem to matter what i do, if i watch movies or if i'm on Word or playing games, it keeps shutting down several times a day. I always get a...
  9. Multiple BSODs every few days, different error codes

Multiple BSODs every few days, different error codes: Built a new computer around the start of this month (feb) and have been having intermittent BSOD's, ranging between 1 day and 1 week or so between. They don't seem to happen at any specific time or usage; having occured when the pc was idle overnight aswell as when playing a...
  10. BSOD Playing Rainbow Six Siege,Rust.

BSOD Playing Rainbow Six Siege,Rust.: Whenever i play rainbow six siege it Crashs about 3 mins into a game. Whenever i play rust its very random some times it will crash some times it will not but when ever it crashs it does not give me a bsod it use to be it just stopped it turns my computer off completly with...