Windows 10: BSOD playing Total War Warhammer II, 0x00000133

Discus and support BSOD playing Total War Warhammer II, 0x00000133 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I today started playing the campaign mode in Warhammer II; after finishing a battle and entering the loading screen back to the campaign map, I'll get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by vinakro, Oct 21, 2017.

1. vinakro Win User

BSOD playing Total War Warhammer II, 0x00000133

I today started playing the campaign mode in Warhammer II; after finishing a battle and entering the loading screen back to the campaign map, I'll get a DPC_watchdog_violation BSOD.

This is the only game that produces the BSOD and only in the above circumstances. I've updated pretty much every driver I can think of (short of a BIOS update) and tried the simple proposed fixes for a DPC_watchdog_violation. I do have my CPU and GPU overclocked, but have still get a BSOD after disabling them.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

vinakro, Oct 21, 2017

2. help/ steam game rome II total war wont launch

its only with the newest total war ggames rome II to Warhammer I. and its only those gmaes :/

Tallestdavid, Oct 21, 2017
  3. BSOD on Video Memory Management Internal Error

Recieved this second BSOD after a month or so during the start up a game application (Total War: Warhammer II). Dropbox - 100917-25265-01.dmp is the link to the dropbox that has the dump file. Dropbox - MSinfo32.nfo
    is for the MSinfo32. Thanks for any feedback as this is the first of any instance I've had any Blue screen occur on this pc since purchasing it in the summer of 2016

Eduardo Men., Oct 21, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD playing Total War Warhammer II, 0x00000133 [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Test
    BSOD playing Total War Warhammer II, 0x00000133 [​IMG]
    HDD TEST
    *Arrow Run HDTune to
    • check the health,
    • scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    • run a benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    When above is done please make screenshots of the following
    • the health,
    • the error scan,
    • the benchmark incl. following
      • transfer rate,
      • access time,
      • burst rate,
      • cpu usage.

*Arrow Run SeaTools DOS to check the integrity of your HDD. SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Run the long test.
    *Arrow Run chkdsk
    Disk Check - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Use option TWO with parameter /r
    Upload the chkdsk log *Arrow Check Disk (chkdsk) - Read Event Viewer Log - Windows 7 Help Forums

5. vinakro Win User
    I have attached my HDTune Benchmarks as I am still running other tests.

I do want to note my PC is only a few months old and I doubt the SSD and one of the HDDs will have bad health. I have one other HDD I took from my old PC which is being used purely for storage of movies/music/photos etc) so shouldn't be affecting games at all.

I couldn't set my SATA controls in BIOS to anything other than AHCI and RAID, so I am running SeaTools for Windows.

Thanks

vinakro, Oct 23, 2017
  6. axe0 New Member
    A large amount of paging errors have been occuring with the 3rd disk (4TB drive), even though it is only a few months old we'll need to be sure your drives are fine.

7. vinakro Win User
    No worries, hopefully I should have it all done by tonight.

What does paging errors imply?

vinakro, Oct 23, 2017
  8. axe0 New Member

A paging error indicates that something went wrong when an attempt was made to get data from the pagefile to the RAM, this is usually a connection issue due to a problem with the hard drive.
    As you've had hundreds of them, it's something to look at.

9. vinakro Win User
    How would you generally resolve paging error issues? Are there any software fixes (is this related to page file)?

vinakro, Oct 23, 2017
  10. zbook New Member
    These are some of the errors in the event.vwr related to the drive.
    To evaluate the drive tests (chkdsk, HD Tune, Sea Tools) were ordered on all drives to rule in / rule out drive problems.

Code: Event[9453]: Log Name: System Source: Disk Date: 2017-10-22T19:11:56.463 Event ID: 32 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-TCBBH5U Description: The driver detected that the device \Device\Harddisk2\DR2 has its write cache enabled. Data corruption may occur.[/quote]

Code: Event[5881]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs Date: 2017-09-16T09:50:32.321 Event ID: 140 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-TCBBH5U Description: The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: G:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume40.(A device which does not exist was specified.)[/quote]

Code: Event[5866]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs Date: 2017-09-16T09:49:19.313 Event ID: 140 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-TCBBH5U Description: The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: G:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume39.(A device which does not exist was specified.)[/quote]

Code: Event[7177]: Log Name: System Source: Disk Date: 2017-10-03T08:51:19.658 Event ID: 153 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-TCBBH5U Description: The IO operation at logical block address 0x600878 for Disk 3 (PDO name: \Device\0000003e) was retried.[/quote]

Code: Event[6922]: Log Name: System Source: Disk Date: 2017-09-30T09:55:44.655 Event ID: 153 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-TCBBH5U Description: The IO operation at logical block address 0x19fdfb68 for Disk 3 (PDO name: \Device\0000003e) was retried.[/quote]

Code: Event[6581]: Log Name: System Source: Disk Date: 2017-09-25T21:12:47.409 Event ID: 153 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-TCBBH5U Description: The IO operation at logical block address 0x19fdfb50 for Disk 3 (PDO name: \Device\0000003e) was retried.[/quote]

Code: Event[5427]: Log Name: System Source: Disk Date: 2017-09-16T09:35:33.688 Event ID: 153 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-TCBBH5U Description: The IO operation at logical block address 0x3a37c450 for Disk 3 (PDO name: \Device\000000b9) was retried.[/quote]

Code: Event[5059]: Log Name: System Source: Disk Date: 2017-09-16T09:21:18.818 Event ID: 51 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-TCBBH5U Description: An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk3\DR4 during a paging operation.[/quote]

Code: Event[5120]: Log Name: System Source: Disk Date: 2017-09-16T09:24:36.996 Event ID: 51 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-TCBBH5U Description: An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk3\DR6 during a paging operation.[/quote]

Code: Event[5224]: Log Name: System Source: Disk Date: 2017-09-16T09:31:48.371 Event ID: 51 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-TCBBH5U Description: An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk3\DR11 during a paging operation.[/quote]

Code: Event[5621]: Log Name: System Source: Disk Date: 2017-09-16T09:39:56.791 Event ID: 51 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-TCBBH5U Description: An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk3\DR23 during a paging operation.[/quote]

zbook, Oct 23, 2017
  11. axe0 New Member
    Generally you can't fix it since it is mostly due to hardware, the best you can do is delay the inevitable.

12. vinakro Win User
    I'll post the other reports tonight, but that is concerning as the 4TB hard drive is actually the newer one.

I recall I manually changed the page file a while ago, could this potentially have an effect?

vinakro, Oct 23, 2017
  13. axe0 New Member

Depends on what changed.

14. vinakro Win User
    Attached is a screenshot of the SeaTools for Windows.

I did the long generic test. I will begin the chkdsk soon.

vinakro, Oct 23, 2017
  15. vinakro Win User
    Unfortunately some issues at home occurred while I was away from work and the chkdsk was cancelled and I'm rerunning it now.

Is there anything else that can be investigated whilst it runs? I note that I have since moved the game installation to my SSD and the BSODs are still occurring.

vinakro, Oct 24, 2017
Thema:

1. BSOD playing Total War Warhammer II, 0x00000133 - Similar Threads - BSOD playing Total

2. Firefox twitch video running + Total war warhammer 3 during random loadings causes my pc to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Firefox twitch video running + Total war warhammer 3 during random loadings causes my pc to...: Title explains the error that I got several times.Errors are in french, so sorry in advance--------------------------------------------------What I got most recently and most of the times :Le système a redémarré sans s’arrêter correctement au préalable. Cette erreur peut...
  3. total war medieval ii – definitive edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    total war medieval ii – definitive edition: Game had stopped after upgrading to windows 11.screen go dark.tried to choose from compatability mode but i didn't find windows 10 as an option. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/total-war-medieval-ii-definitive-edition/632a0351-4c8d-4565-93d1-a1e50942e9b3
  4. total war medieval ii – definitive edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    total war medieval ii – definitive edition: Game had stopped after upgrading to windows 11.screen go dark.tried to choose from compatability mode but i didn't find windows 10 as an option. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/total-war-medieval-ii-definitive-edition/632a0351-4c8d-4565-93d1-a1e50942e9b3
  5. Fix Total War Warhammer 3 FPS drop, Lag and Stuttering on PC

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Total War Warhammer 3 FPS drop, Lag and Stuttering on PC: [ATTACH]Here is a complete guide to fix Total War Warhammer 3 FPS drop, Lag and Stuttering on Windows 11/ 10 computer. Total war Warhammer 3 is one of the best tactical strategy video games available for PC. However, like any other video game, it has its own shares of...
  6. Medieval II Total War CD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Medieval II Total War CD: Hello, i recently purchased Medieval II Total War with a CD, and successfully installed it, as well as Direct x. The launcher opens, but when i press "Play", i see the blue loading circle, AND THEN IT JUST STOPS and wont open. I have had similar trouble with Rome Total War...
  7. BSOD while playing Total War Warhammer 2

BSOD while playing Total War Warhammer 2: Hey guys. A week ago i started playing Total War Warhammer 2 but it turns out that something seems wrong with my PC. I get random BSOD's (sometimes after playing 5 minutes,sometimes it runs fine for hours). I tried updating my drivers but it didn't really help much. The...
  8. BSOD playing Total War Warhammer 2, error 0x0000009c

BSOD playing Total War Warhammer 2, error 0x0000009c: Hello guys, my current system specs are: 1.Intel Core-I5 4670k oced 4.0ghz (using hyper212 cpu fan cooling) 2.Asus Sabertooth Z87 motherboard 3.Samsung 840 120GB SSD for windows 4.WD 2 TB Black HDD 5.Coolermaster 750 GX PSU 6.Asus STRIX 1070 GTX 8GB 7.Gskill 12 GB ram (2 x 2...
  9. Total War: Warhammer crashes on loading screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Total War: Warhammer crashes on loading screen: So I have bought and installed TWW on Steam today, being as it was briefly on sale. It loads fine, sees my GTX 1080 and automatically defaults my graphics settings to ultra. I didnt change any graphics settings except the resolution, setting it to 3840x2160 (4K). But then,...
  10. Warhammer Total War Crashes

Warhammer Total War Crashes: While playing Warhammer Total War, I get the RSOD, BSOD and Windows Errors. windows version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 10586 windows dir: C:\WINDOWS Hardware: GA-78LMT-S2P, Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. CPU: AuthenticAMD AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-Core Processor AMD586,...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bsod warhammer total war 2

2. dpc watchdog violation with Warhammer II

3. 1070 blue screen with warhammer 2

4. ntoskrnl.exe only when playing total war warhammer