Windows 10: BSOD - PNP Failure

Discus and support BSOD - PNP Failure in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Good Day, Recently, as in over the last couple of days my wife's PC has started getting a PNP failure on my device during boot and then the BSOD.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mary Ann Short, Apr 8, 2021.

1. BSOD - PNP Failure

Good Day,

Recently, as in over the last couple of days my wife's PC has started getting a PNP failure on my device during boot and then the BSOD.

Am on Windows 10 with an ALIENWARE PC:

Edition Windows 10 Home

Version 20H2

Installed on ‎7/‎5/‎2020

OS build 19042.804

Trying to determine the root cause and either rollback the driver or fix the device. Have the mini dumps if need be.

Thank you

Al on behalf of Mary Ann

:)

Mary Ann Short, Apr 8, 2021
  2. SamuelLV Win User

'Generic PnP monitor' issue

Hello Angelica,

I would suggest you follow steps to update the monitor driver:

Press Windows + X keys

Choose Device manager

Click on Monitors

Right click on ‘Generic PnP monitor’ and click on update driver

Tap on Browse my computer for driver software

Tap on Let me pick from a list of available drivers

Choose ‘Generic PnP monitor’ and tap on Next

When you are done please restart the computer.

SamuelLV, Apr 8, 2021
  3. BSOD Driver Power State Failure

I encounter a BSOD Driver Power State Failure frequently since installed windows 10 1511 (does not have this problem in windows 10 10240)

When i try to restart computer in safe mode, and open up device manager, i found a yellow "!" mark beside the generic PnP monitor from the driver list...

i try to uninstall that and restart computer back to normal mode, then update the driver, but it say the best driver for the Generic PnP monitor is already installed.

well, what i do above does not fix the problem and the same BSOD happened over and over again..., especially after a little gaming.

i uploaded the dump file here:

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

FranceTYing, Apr 8, 2021
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

BSOD - PNP Failure

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

Thema:

BSOD - PNP Failure

1. BSOD - PNP Failure - Similar Threads - BSOD PNP Failure

2. BSOD PNP detect fetal error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD PNP detect fetal error: Hi,I am facing BSOD PNP detect Fetal Error every time when I shutdown my laptop. Please go through the dump file and help me to find out the issue.https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtW9WGm2eY62lDBYcNOEtD-mXpnm?e=2Bhuu4...
  3. BSOD PNP detect fetal error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD PNP detect fetal error: Hi,I am facing BSOD PNP detect Fetal Error every time when I shutdown my laptop. Please go through the dump file and help me to find out the issue.https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtW9WGm2eY62lDBYcNOEtD-mXpnm?e=2Bhuu4...
  4. BSOD PNP detect fetal error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSoD: PnP DETECTED FATAL ERROR

BSoD: PnP DETECTED FATAL ERROR: I reported this as a reply to someone else's post, but I thought it might make more sense to make a separate post. System: AlienWare 17 R2 laptop, Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 8 in 2016 Summary: On April 5 or 6, the laptop rebooted itself while idle, got consecutive...
  6. BSOD Loop - PNP DETECTED FATAL ERROR

BSOD Loop - PNP DETECTED FATAL ERROR: I set my computer to sleep one night, forgetting that there was a Windows Update I could install. I hadn't scheduled the update so windows would update when I restart or shut down my laptop. The next morning, I opened my laptop and I was met with the BSOD with an error...
  7. BSOD Failure

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD Failure: I am getting bsod error every other day on my system. I completely deleted windows and reinstalled. it all started with Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL on my previous windows installation, now after i reinstal the problem persists. C:\Windows C:\Windows\Minidump On Fri...
  8. Bsod PNP detected fatal code

Bsod PNP detected fatal code: I am amazed by the problem dealing it from last 3days. Getting BSOD with "pnp detected fatar code " When i try to put my laptop on sleep mode every second time .. Also when wake it on it is switch on as fresh window all work lost?? Please any one help....
  9. Unbootable BSOD: Driver PNP watchdog

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unbootable BSOD: Driver PNP watchdog: Hey Everyone, I've been handed a clients device which is currently displaying a BSOD error and Is completely unable to boot; (into both Normal windows or Safe mode) I tried using a Windows Recovery USB... also unable to boot into and displays the same error. So far the...
  10. BSOD - PNP Fatal error & Bootloop

BSOD - PNP Fatal error & Bootloop: I wanted to reset my computer and keep my files. So I did it properly from windows menu. reset was successful and I logged successfully into my computer. After a while I got my first BSOD. Pnp fatal error! Restarted again, I logged into my accountn and after a while...