Windows 10: BSOD - Pointer Reference Error - Windows 10 - Dell Inspiron

Discus and support BSOD - Pointer Reference Error - Windows 10 - Dell Inspiron in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I need help solving an issue. I keep getting a BSOD with a Pointer Reference Error while working on my computer. I can't pinpoint what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by EdMagal, Dec 6, 2021.

1. EdMagal Win User

BSOD - Pointer Reference Error - Windows 10 - Dell Inspiron

Hi everyone, I need help solving an issue. I keep getting a BSOD with a Pointer Reference Error while working on my computer. I can't pinpoint what triggers the error, it seems to occur quite randomly. Though it does happen every time I try to install Dell Assistant to update the drivers as I heard this may be a potential cause of the problem. I have already tried: -Restarting -Running Scandisk several times it find an error, doesn`t say which and doesn`t say if it has been fixed or not -Running every hardware test available on boot the computer only says the battery life is fa

:)

EdMagal, Dec 6, 2021
  2. nereus7 Win User

BSOD "Reference By Pointer" - Minidump File

Hello, I recently built a new PC (with the exception of an older GPU which I kept from my older machine). It's run pretty smoothly for the first couple weeks, but recently gave a BSOD with the error "Reference By Pointer".

I found
    this thread
    which talked about potential memory issues, so I ran the Windows 10 Memory Diagnostics Tool and it found no errors. That same thread had a lot of people suggesting the OP upload the minidump file, so I did that too.

You can download the minidump file here.

Here's my Dxdiag as well, in case that helps.

A few of my PC parts can only be returned for another week or so, so any information you could provide to help me track down if any parts are busted and should be returned would be really appreciated.

Thanks, and let me know if I can provide any other info to help.

nereus7, Dec 6, 2021
  3. dell inspiron 546

I have just downloaded Windows 10 to a Dell Inspiron 546 with a Dell 810 All in One printer. The previous OS was Windows 7. I had downloaded Windows 10 because the Windows invitation assured me all was well for the download.

Having made the download I discover I can not print. The printer is listed in settings. It used to be the default device.

Can you advise the steps I should take?

Thank you.

charles allis, Dec 6, 2021
  4. BSOD - Pointer Reference Error - Windows 10 - Dell Inspiron

Bluetooth Problem in Dell Inspiron N4050

Hi Ujwal,

It's unfortunate that you are facing issues even after upgrading to Windows 10.

We will need to work on the errors first. Here are few threads that has users confirming solutions for this issue. Please find the links here.

For error 1079:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...-service/63a49a65-e22d-4cba-9bd6-271a6d1c6404

For the model-Dell Inspiron N4050.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...n4050-in/e992c660-0977-452c-b665-07aed65f1032

The steps listed can be worked on Windows 10 as well

Vidyaranjan A V, Dec 6, 2021
Thema:

BSOD - Pointer Reference Error - Windows 10 - Dell Inspiron

1. BSOD - Pointer Reference Error - Windows 10 - Dell Inspiron - Similar Threads - BSOD Pointer Reference

2. BSOD Reference by Pointer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Reference by Pointer: Hello, I've been having a recent issue of my computer automatically getting a BSOD Reference by Pointer after being on for a while. I'm not sure how to proceed forward. Is there anything I need to download or check?...
  3. BSOD Reference by Pointer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Reference by Pointer: Hello, I've been having a recent issue of my computer automatically getting a BSOD Reference by Pointer after being on for a while. I'm not sure how to proceed forward. Is there anything I need to download or check?...
  4. Reference by pointer BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reference by pointer BSOD: I had a multiple Reference by pointer BSODs. Today, it happened to me for more than 5 times, The Error usually occurs after 20-40 minutes. And here are the things I did to try to fix the problem > DISM Command, Chkdsk, Sfc /Scannow, Updating outdated drivers, restarting,...
  5. BSOD Reference Pointer

BSOD Reference Pointer: So recently I've had the BSOD appear about 8 times over the past 12 hours or so and after reading through many other posts I still haven't gotten to the bottom of the crashes, and things like the event viewer didn't shed much light on the issue, what's more confusing is that...
  6. BSOD - Pointer Reference Error - Windows 10 - Dell Inspiron

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - Pointer Reference Error - Windows 10 - Dell Inspiron: Hi everyone, I need help solving an issue. I keep getting a BSOD with a Pointer Reference Error while working on my computer. I can't pinpoint what triggers the error, it seems to occur quite randomly. Though it does happen every time I try to install Dell Assistant to update...
  7. BSOD - Pointer Reference Error - Windows 10 - Dell Inspiron

BSOD - Pointer Reference Error - Windows 10 - Dell Inspiron: Hi everyone, I need help solving an issue. I keep getting a BSOD with a Pointer Reference Error while working on my computer. I can't pinpoint what triggers the error, it seems to occur quite randomly. Though it does happen every time I try to install Dell Assistant to update...
  8. BSOD - Reference by pointer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - Reference by pointer: I am consistently getting the BSOD with the stop code `REFERENCE_BY_POINTER`. My laptop seems to crash while using various applications. This was happening before a recent MS update but has persisted since. It tends to happen within 5-10 minutes of the laptop starting but...
  9. BSOD Reference by Pointer

BSOD Reference by Pointer: I am consistently getting some BSOD with the stop code in the title. Matters got worst in the last few days, with the crash happening ~30 minutes after turning the laptop on.Here's the most recent minidump file, analyzed with...
  10. BSOD reference by pointer

BSOD reference by pointer: Hello, I have started getting this BSOD quite frequently over the last few days. I googled the issue and tried some of the suggested fixes but as yet it has not stopped. Is there a way to figure out what exactly is causing the problem?thanks in advance....