Windows 10: BSOD, possible hardware failure?

Discus and support BSOD, possible hardware failure? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey everyone, I have been having some BSOD issues for a little while now, and I was hoping someone might be able to help me interpret these. If we... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jake_55, Mar 10, 2021.

1. Jake_55 Win User

BSOD, possible hardware failure?

Hey everyone,

I have been having some BSOD issues for a little while now, and I was hoping someone might be able to help me interpret these. If we look at just the last 5, which have occurred over the last 3 days, the bug check codes have been as follows: 124, 124, 3b, 1e, 1e. I put the dumps through WinDbg and analyzed them, and I will try to attach those to the post.

As I understand it, bug check code 124 is a critical hardware failure, while the other ones are probably driver related ?. Is there any way for me to be able to tell if these all have the same root cause? While trying to figure out which piece of HW might be causing my critical hardware failure BSODs, I have been running some tests, mainly memtest for my RAM, Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool and OCCT for my CPU, as well as OCCT for the rest of the things it can do. I have found only 1 error throughout all of my testing, and that was a single WHEA error from OCCT while running the VRAM test. I did not see the error in repeat tests.

I have contacted windows support a 2 times at this point regarding errors thrown by either chkdsk c: or sfc /scannow, both times I have run DISM commands and it seems to fix the issue. The concerning part is that I'm fairly sure I shouldn't have to be running those every couple of months. I mean, chkdsk c: finds issues almost every other time I run it at this point.

I am a bit concerned about my PC at this point, I have had a lot of issues with it. I got it in October, and have already lost a GPU and an HDD.

I will also attach a list of parts and versions I think would be relevant, but please feel free to ask if I need anything else.

Now, if you take a look at the part list, you MIGHT notice that the PSU I have MIGHT be a complete pile of trash. This is something I did not know until recently, and I plan on replacing it, but, I am slightly concerned that it might be slowly or perhaps quickly frying my hardware. I have no idea how to test this. The fact that I have lost 2 HW components already kind of scares me this might be the case, but, I am hoping someone who knows much more about this than I do can tell me if the issues I am having a consistent with this type of issue. Either way, I am already planning on replacing it very soon.

Thanks in advance, any help would be greatly appreciated. I just don't really know what to do at this point.

Jake

Drop Box link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/en2758if4gcifn8/AAAom4ljpZeqOsfHggBCvcXpa?dl=0

I hope it works, please tell me if it doesn't

:)

Jake_55, Mar 10, 2021
  2. Msap14 Win User

BSOD Hardware Caused???

they do weird things like that, which all seem like something else is failing.
    One of the worst things to diagnose, they seem to only quit when they want to.

Memtest is a good next step, if you rule out RAM and Power Supply make sure you disconnect all unnecessary peripherals and try to start the system with as little hardware as possible, if it works then, you can narrow down the culprit by trial and error.

the follow was taken from some website:

It's very difficult to determine if a failure is caused by the CPU because many other components can cause the same symptom when they fail.

1. System fails to boot
    2. System re-boots intermittently
    3. General Protection Fault
    4. Illegal Operation
    5. Stop Error, or BSoD (Blue Screen OfDeath)

Actually, CPUs rarely fail, and about the only way to determine if the CPU is causing the failure is to swap it out with a known working CPU of the same type and speed. Since this is difficult, the best bet is to first rule out every other possibility.

Before suspecting the CPU, rule out all the possibilities listed below.

1. The Operating System
    2. A peripheral port device
    3. A bad memory module
    4. The hard disk drive
    5. The power supply
    6. The motherboard

If you have ruled out out all the other possibilities, investigate the items listed below.

1. Overheating
    2. A short circuit
    3. ESD

Msap14, Mar 10, 2021
  3. hoax32 Win User
    BSOD Hardware Caused???

It is not overheating - CPU runs 60*C in games.
    Short Circuit - EXTREAMLY UNLIKELY

hoax32, Mar 10, 2021
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Mar 10, 2021
Thema:

1. BSOD, possible hardware failure? - Similar Threads - BSOD possible hardware

2. hardware failure caused BSOD. No recent hardware changes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hardware failure caused BSOD. No recent hardware changes.: DescriptionEen probleem met de hardware heeft ervoor gezorgd dat Windows niet meer goed werkt.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 144Parameter 1: 3003Parameter 2: ffff878af5ceb538Parameter 3: 40010000Parameter 4: 0Versie besturingssysteem:...
  3. hardware failure caused BSOD. No recent hardware changes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hardware failure caused BSOD. No recent hardware changes.: DescriptionEen probleem met de hardware heeft ervoor gezorgd dat Windows niet meer goed werkt.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 144Parameter 1: 3003Parameter 2: ffff878af5ceb538Parameter 3: 40010000Parameter 4: 0Versie besturingssysteem:...
  4. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD Possible Hardware Incompatibility?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD Possible Hardware Incompatibility?: Hi there,I'm getting BSODs and freezes at random times since I've built this computer. I'm wondering if I mixed hardware parts that are not friendly with each other? I built the PC off of the PC part picker website, there were no compatibility issues found with my selected...
  5. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD Possible Hardware Incompatibility?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD Possible Hardware Incompatibility?: Hi there,I'm getting BSODs and freezes at random times since I've built this computer. I'm wondering if I mixed hardware parts that are not friendly with each other? I built the PC off of the PC part picker website, there were no compatibility issues found with my selected...
  6. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD Possible Hardware Incompatibility?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. NMI Hardware Failure ; BSoD

NMI Hardware Failure ; BSoD: I had faced many occasions this issues. but still i have no idea about it. Please Help.. Also My Bluetooth driver shown a 43 error code. Which was doesn't work after windows update. [ATTACH]...
  8. BSODs and program crashes; possible hardware failure

BSODs and program crashes; possible hardware failure: Issue Over the past couple months I have been experiencing games and apps crashing especially Firefox tabs, as well as occasional BSODs while doing even ordinary tasks. I believe blue screens only occurred every 1-2 weeks initially, but lately it has been about every other...
  9. BSOD NMI hardware failure

BSOD NMI hardware failure: Hello all, I am a newbie and have been struggling with this BSOD NMI Hardware Failure problem for a few months. I run a HP Workstation on Windows 10 Pro for a couple of years with no problems. Have not added new software or hardware (that I can remembered) and then I get...
  10. BSOD - Possibly hardware related?

BSOD - Possibly hardware related?: Hi all, I have an MSi GT70 20C Laptop that I've had numerous problems with. When I first ordered this laptop it was dead on arrival, and had to be shipped back for fixing. Since i've gotten it back, I have had BSODs ranging from 0-2 times a week up to 6 times in a...