Windows 10: BSOD power adapter

Discus and support BSOD power adapter in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For the past few weeks, my laptop has been getting constant BSOD whenever I plug in the power adapter to my laptop. The BSOD is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Vkly88895, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Vkly88895 Win User

BSOD power adapter

For the past few weeks, my laptop has been getting constant BSOD whenever I plug in the power adapter to my laptop. The BSOD is POWER_STATE_DRIVER_FAILURE. I have formatted my laptop for 2 times and still it will get BSOD whenever I plug in my power adapter. My laptop is Lenovo ideapad 330S-15IKB. Below are my minidump files.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApWvKWtb3laCamQngaUJLJDJxnM?e=gkS3Lc

:)

Vkly88895, Dec 2, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Dec 2, 2020
  3. rez001 Win User
    IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

BSOD power adapter [​IMG]

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, Dec 2, 2020
  4. jwblue Win User

BSOD power adapter

Wireless adapter not found in Device Manager

I ran the Lenovo Solution Center. Network Adapter was not listed in the hardware scanned. Not sure if there is a separate listing for that normally or not.

Ever since I ran a power cycle the adapter has not appeared in the Device Manager.

Does anyone believe removing the adapter and putting it back would solve the issue? I would rather not open my computer if there is little chance of it solving the issue. I am a complete novice doing this.

Not sure if this is relevant but in my Network Adapter in Device Manager there was "Microsoft Kernel Debug Network Adapter". It has since disappeared.

jwblue, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

BSOD power adapter

1. BSOD power adapter - Similar Threads - BSOD power adapter

2. BSOD when powering through power adapter, no problem working via a docking station

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when powering through power adapter, no problem working via a docking station: Dear Community, I am desperately looking for some help after a year of problems with the BSOD and unsuccessful help by the Microsoft helpline assistants.My laptop Dell Precision 5520 on Windows 10, regularly updated, shows frequent BSODs when I work on the laptop while...
  3. BSOD when powering through power adapter, no problem working via a docking station

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when powering through power adapter, no problem working via a docking station: Dear Community, I am desperately looking for some help after a year of problems with the BSOD and unsuccessful help by the Microsoft helpline assistants.My laptop Dell Precision 5520 on Windows 10, regularly updated, shows frequent BSODs when I work on the laptop while...
  4. BSOD when powering through power adapter, no problem working via a docking station

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Xbox Wireless Adapter, controller powers off as soon as it connects to the adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Wireless Adapter, controller powers off as soon as it connects to the adapter: Xbox Support said I should contact PC support for this topic. I am trying to connect my Xbox Series controller to PC using the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10. I am having an issue where on every power cycle of my PC, I can connect the controller once and it be just...
  6. Wireless adapter power management

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wireless adapter power management: [ATTACH] Hi all. I am having a little bit of a problem with my windows10. My WIFI keeps pausing every so often and I have no internet. I've researched it and it seems that this is because Windows is managing power on the Network adapter and it possibly has the option for...
  7. No option For adaptive Brightness/Power Plan

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No option For adaptive Brightness/Power Plan: [ATTACH] Recently I attempted to turn off adaptive Brightness as It's a pain. My system Is fully up to date, and when I went to check not only is there no option to change to the power plan as seen below. There is no option to de-activate Adaptive brightness. I attempted...
  8. Adaptive brightness disable in power options

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Adaptive brightness disable in power options: My 9th gen i7 laptop screen goes half to sleep in less than a minute if I'm not sitting right in front of it even when there is screen activity and sound. I don't want this because I need to see the screen even from feet away, it's scrolling music and lyrics. The setting for...
  9. Power Adapter Unknown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power Adapter Unknown: [IMG]I have this problem of my adapter not charging my laptop. According to a few redditer and my detective work, we decided that the battery is not reciving the 45w it needed. And thus we think my plug’s problem(which is bent so it wont fall off easily) And in the BIOS...
  10. BSOD Power Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Power Error: I always used to have bluescreens on win10, but only very rare, so i never really thought anything of it, but recently it has become much worse, and by now it has 1-2 BSOD's every day, so i thought i might need to get some help. Here is the generated file from the DM Log...