Windows 10: BSOD POWER_STATE failure

Discus and support BSOD POWER_STATE failure in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows 10: 1909 18363.900 Dell Inspirion 7375 laptop Ryzen 2500u Today, out of the blues, I have got BSOD POWER_STATE_Failure, there were two BSOD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mik07, Jun 18, 2020.

1. mik07 Win User

BSOD POWER_STATE failure

Windows 10: 1909 18363.900
    Dell Inspirion 7375 laptop
    Ryzen 2500u

Today, out of the blues, I have got BSOD POWER_STATE_Failure, there were two BSOD within 24 minutes interval. I have looked up the on the event . I found little odd because frequent bsod I haven't received for awhile especially this one

6/18/2020 2:2013
    EventID 41
    Version 6
    Level 1
    Task 63

BugcheckCode 159
    BugcheckParameter1 0x3
    BugcheckParameter2 0x0
    BugcheckParameter3 0x0
    BugcheckParameter4 0x0
    SleepInProgress 4

PowerButtonTimestamp 0
    BootAppStatus 0
    Checkpoint 11
    ConnectedStandbyInProgress false
    SystemSleepTransitionsToOn 2
    CsEntryScenarioInstanceId 0
    BugcheckInfoFromEFI true
    CheckpointStatus 0

Date: 6/18/2020 12:54 PM
    Event ID: 41
    Task Category: (63)
    Level: Critical
    Keywords: (70368744177664),(2)
    User: SYSTEM

EventID41

Level1
    Task63
    Keywords 0x8000400000000002
    EventRecordID 83954
    ProcessID Core ="4" ThreadID="8"
    >

BugcheckCode 159
    BugcheckParameter1 0x3
    BugcheckParameter2 0xffffb70f19168b60
    BugcheckParameter3 0xffffd9855e0538b0
    BugcheckParameter4" 0xffffb70f1996e9a0
    SleepInProgress" 0

PowerButtonTimestamp 0
    BootAppStatus 0
    Checkpoint 41
    ConnectedStandbyInProgress false
    SystemSleepTransitionsToOn 13
    CsEntryScenarioInstanceId 0
    BugcheckInfoFromEFI false
    CheckpointStatus 0

I am unable to find what the reason could be , I have taken look around to see what the problem with this related to. I ruled out display adapter or heat issue, the driver has been stable for the graphic and I have monitoring CPU temp with HWinfo
    LAM-(2020-06-18_15-08-36).zip

:)

mik07, Jun 18, 2020
  2. zbook Win User

BSOD, KERNAL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE, Please Help

Please continue with all steps.

The steps should fix the BSOD.

The bonus would be the upgrade failure.

zbook, Jun 18, 2020
  3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

4. BSOD POWER_STATE failure

PranavMishra5582, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

BSOD POWER_STATE failure

1. BSOD POWER_STATE failure - Similar Threads - BSOD POWER_STATE failure

2. BSOD Failure - Bluescreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Failure - Bluescreen: Dear Community,I often get a blue screen with the message that there is a problem with the device and that Windows needs to be shut down.I am on a windows 11.If more information is needed, please let me know.Dumpfiles-Link is attached:dump.zip...
  3. BSOD failure 0x124_4_GenuineIntel_PCIEXPRESS_UNSUPPORTED_REQUES T_IMAGE_GenuineIntel.sys...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD failure 0x124_4_GenuineIntel_PCIEXPRESS_UNSUPPORTED_REQUES T_IMAGE_GenuineIntel.sys...: I have newly assembled a PC with i5-13600KF and Z790. Now every time the system is booting with logo, BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR appears. However, everything seems ok after my PC is automatically reboot after the bluescreen. But the next time I boot my PC, the BSOD appears...
  4. BSOD failure 0x124_4_GenuineIntel_PCIEXPRESS_UNSUPPORTED_REQUES T_IMAGE_GenuineIntel.sys...

BSOD failure 0x124_4_GenuineIntel_PCIEXPRESS_UNSUPPORTED_REQUES T_IMAGE_GenuineIntel.sys...: I have newly assembled a PC with i5-13600KF and Z790. Now every time the system is booting with logo, BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR appears. However, everything seems ok after my PC is automatically reboot after the bluescreen. But the next time I boot my PC, the BSOD appears...
  5. BSoD rcraid.sys Failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD rcraid.sys Failure: For the last few days I have been getting BSoD on my PC.These occur randomly and without warning, resulting in the following support codes on the BSoD:Stop Code: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALWhat Failed: rcraid.sysPlease can I have help with fixing this issue. Any additional...
  6. BSoD rcraid.sys Failure

BSoD rcraid.sys Failure: For the last few days I have been getting BSoD on my PC.These occur randomly and without warning, resulting in the following support codes on the BSoD:Stop Code: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALWhat Failed: rcraid.sysPlease can I have help with fixing this issue. Any additional...
  7. BSOD - tcpip.sys failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - tcpip.sys failure: Hi, In the past couple of weeks I've been getting a BSOD error tcpip.sys failure, stop code: System Service Exception. I've reset tcpip via cmd every time as well as updated all my network drivers but I still I get the same error. Below is a link to my dump files. Please...
  8. BSOD - PNP Failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD - PNP Failure: Good Day, Recently, as in over the last couple of days my wife's PC has started getting a PNP failure on my device during boot and then the BSOD. Am on Windows 10 with an ALIENWARE PC: Edition Windows 10 Home Version 20H2 Installed on ‎7/‎5/‎2020 OS build...
  9. BSOD Failure

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD Failure: I am getting bsod error every other day on my system. I completely deleted windows and reinstalled. it all started with Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL on my previous windows installation, now after i reinstal the problem persists. C:\Windows C:\Windows\Minidump On Fri...
  10. Multiple BSOD failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple BSOD failure: Recently my laptop is crashing a lot and showing different BSOD messages: Driver overan Stack buffer It started to appear after the last graphic driver update yesterday System service exception Frequently System thread exception not handled Quite often IRQL not less or...