Windows 10: BSOD Power_State_Driver_Failure while using Chrome

Discus and support BSOD Power_State_Driver_Failure while using Chrome in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey! My HP OMEN 15 (2016) recently crashed. It was the first time after 2-3 months, not quite sure. I have no idea how to read a memory dump, so I come... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by rafastang, Jan 29, 2017.

1. rafastang Win User

BSOD Power_State_Driver_Failure while using Chrome

Hey! My HP OMEN 15 (2016) recently crashed. It was the first time after 2-3 months, not quite sure. I have no idea how to read a memory dump, so I come here to humbly ask you guys for help *Tongue
    It happened while using chrome. I normally have CPU max power to 99% to avoid turbo. But, I decided to set it to 100% again while just browsing, why not. I had facebook and a few tabs open, and after 35-45 minutes BSOD happened. POWER_STATE_DRIVER_FAILURE.
    It says on the BlueScreenView that it was caused by ntoskrnl.exe+14a6f0, which is a bit serious, if that's the actual cause. I just want to fix this before it gets worse.

Anyway here's the log file from your program: Attachment 119068

Thanks! *Biggrin

:)

rafastang, Jan 29, 2017

2. Random BSOD on battery usage

Hello,

I'm having random POWER_STATE_DRIVER_FAILURE BSOD mainly when using my laptop on battery

i have an Asus G551JM with 1TB Hdd (for data) and a 256gb msata sdd (for windows and apps)

here's the link of my mini dump file

Dropbox - Link not found

hopefully someone would help me narrow down the problem and identify the faulty driver

Thanks!

Jad_maghayro, Jan 29, 2017
  3. POWER_STATE_DRIVER_FAILURE Surface 3

So after upgrading to Windows 10 on my Surface 3, occasionally I disconnect from wifi and am not able to reconnect. I try restarting the surface to see if it fixes the issue and every time I do so it leads to a BSOD with the POWER_STATE_DRIVER_FAILURE prompt
    in the description after a while of waiting for it to restart. Contacted a representative through chat but they didn't help solve the issue. Any help would be much appreciated, thank you.

Link to minidump: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...89&authkey=!AJIgEXm-H5LeJqY&ithint=folder,zip

SmoothLoft, Jan 29, 2017
  4. Ztruker Win User

Looks like you recently updated your NVIDIA GeForce GTX 965M video card driver as it's dated 20/01/2017. Try rolling the drive back in Device Manager, see if that helps.

The dump indicates a problem with the Nvidia card:
    Code: BugCheck 9F, {3, ffff918948d23060, ffffa781c06ab8e0, ffff91895a8bcb40} Implicit thread is now ffff9189`5c800040 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys Probably caused by : dxgkrnl.sys ( dxgkrnl!DpiFdoHandleDevicePower+1e5 )[/quote]

Ztruker, Jan 29, 2017
  5. rafastang Win User
    Hey, thanks for the reply! I've uninstalled the Driver and currently installing a fresh one, among others that apparently required update. Hopefully, that'll solve the issue. I'll report back once i'm finished! *Smile

rafastang, Jan 29, 2017
  6. rafastang Win User
    A clean re-install seems to have solved the issue, atleast for now. Thanks for the help!

rafastang, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD Power_State_Driver_Failure while using Chrome - Similar Threads - BSOD Power_State_Driver_Failure while

2. BSOD, VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR while using Chrome and Acrobat Reader

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD, VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR while using Chrome and Acrobat Reader: Hi, I've had random crashes on my computer for a while about once a day. I've tried updating the drivers with Driver Booster and checking for updates with Windows. I've also changed my antivirus and deleted a couple of apps and for 5 days no crashes happened. Today my pc...
  3. POWER_STATE_DRIVER_FAILURE Help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    POWER_STATE_DRIVER_FAILURE Help: After I updated my to Windows 1809, my PC started crashing BCOD with POWER_STATE_DRIVER_FAILURE everytime I plugged it on charge in combination with network connection. I updated all my drivers, tried to update further, reset windows, did all disk checks, antivirus...
  4. Bsods while using chrome.

Bsods while using chrome.: Hi, I have had alot off Bsods while using chrome lately. Most of the time it's when i'm watching something on netflix. Usually different bsod: error messages. Tried a couple of things but haven't solved it, here is a dmp file and a speccy file. Any help is appreciated. :)...
  5. BSOD while using chrome, error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

BSOD while using chrome, error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION: BSOD says "What failed: NETIO.sys" I did the dump which is attached. Thank you! Attachment 110023 69753
  6. BSOD while using Google chrome

BSOD while using Google chrome: Hey guys! I just got random bsod while watching youtube, i got similiar bsod 4-5 month ago but bios update fixed me and now is start again.here the minidmp windbg result: 88249
  7. BSOD while using Google Chrome(?)

BSOD while using Google Chrome(?): Hello everyone, I hope You can help me with my problem regarding a new PC I bought. It got 2 BSODs in between a few days and it seems both happened while using Google Chrome, but I'm not really sure if that's the cause or something else. I did some hardware testing after the...
  8. BSOD while playing games or using Chrome 0x3b

BSOD while playing games or using Chrome 0x3b: This is my first post on these forums as I've just been lurking before trying to fix my own BSOD problems. But in the end, I decided that creating an account and receiving help from pros would be better than just lurking *Redface I recently bought my first SSD and...
  9. BSOD while browsing on Chrome

BSOD while browsing on Chrome: Hello everyone. I have been having issues with a Ryzen new build. First, I installed the OS and looked for updates, and had a couple of BSOD when installing GPU's drivers, so I updated to last mobo's BIOS, but it keep happening. Then checked everything was set up in place and...
  10. BSOD while using google chrome.

BSOD while using google chrome.: I got 3 different types of BSOD for the past 4 months. 1. IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL 2. DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE 3. ATTEMPTED EXECUTE OF NOEXECUTE MEMORY. During that time I think I was just browsing. Also, recently "Google Chrome" is hanging frequently and I got a new...