Windows 10: BSOD preceded by computer freezing, DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Discus and support BSOD preceded by computer freezing, DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Happens about once a day. Doesn't seem to matter what I'm doing, although recently it has been while using Brave. I had a similar issue before which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by deadbeef, Oct 8, 2019.

1. deadbeef Win User

BSOD preceded by computer freezing, DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Happens about once a day. Doesn't seem to matter what I'm doing, although recently it has been while using Brave. I had a similar issue before which would happen while using Firefox or Chrome.

I had installed Windows 10 on this machine as soon as it was available - BSODs started late last year. I reinstalled a couple of months ago which fixed it, but I don't want to reinstall again. The machine freezes for a couple of minutes before the BSOD.

:)

deadbeef, Oct 8, 2019

2. Random Freezes and BSOD (DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION)

Hello Matt,

I regret for the inconvenience you are facing with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION on your system. We will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to unplug all external devices connected to the system and restart the system to check if the issue persists.

Sometimes new hardware can cause blue screen errors. Since you recently added new hardware to your computer, shut down your system, unplug the new hardware, and then restart to check the status.

Many blue screen errors can be resolved by making sure that Windows is up to date. In the search box on the taskbar, enter Windows Update, select Windows Update. On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates.

I suggest you to Run System Maintenance Troubleshooter
    and check if it helps:

System Maintenance troubleshooter finds and clean up unused files and shortcuts and performs maintenance tasks.

Follow the steps given below:

• Type Troubleshooting in the
      Search box from the desktop.
    • Select the Troubleshooting option.
    • Select View All option and select the
      System Maintenance.
    • Click on Next to perform the
      System Maintenance troubleshooter and follow the steps.

I also suggest you to follow the article below and check if it helps:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14238/windows-10-troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Oct 8, 2019
  3. JesseAK Win User
    dpc_watchdog_violation

Hi guys. I have been getting freezes that always result in a BSOD with dpc_watchdog_violation on a computer that I just built. I was hoping someone wouldn't mind taking a look at the minidump files for me.

These dump files were generated during crashes that happened while I was trying to follow trouble shooting steps I found in other threads.

Thank you.

042319-5359-01.dmp

042319-6953-01.dmp

JesseAK, Oct 8, 2019
  4. BSOD preceded by computer freezing, DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Windows 10 build 10586 BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Check (enable) it then do Step #5 & test.

The above notwithstanding...

Are you still getting the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSODs or...?

PA Bear - MS MVP, Oct 8, 2019
Thema:

BSOD preceded by computer freezing, DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

1. BSOD preceded by computer freezing, DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION - Similar Threads - BSOD preceded computer

2. random DPC_watchdog_violation BSOD freeze

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    random DPC_watchdog_violation BSOD freeze: Hello everyone. Really hoping there is some help out there for this random freezing issue I am having. It is not associated with any particular software or function. I have tried numerous things: removing and resetting the RAM and drives; removing my video card driver using...
  3. BSOD DPC_WatchDog_Violation Freezes and Restarts Randomly

BSOD DPC_WatchDog_Violation Freezes and Restarts Randomly: ```Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.22415.1002 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading Dump File [C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP]Kernel Bitmap Dump File: Kernel address space is available, User address space may not be available.************* Path...
  4. Constant DPC_Watchdog_Violation BSOD, Frequent Freezes

Constant DPC_Watchdog_Violation BSOD, Frequent Freezes: For some reason, my computer recently started experiencing DPC_Watchdog_Violation BSODs but could not create dump files. My Computer would also experience screen freezes that would leave my mouse still moving for a little while. Sometimes, during these freezes, my audio will...
  5. BSOD DPC_Watchdog_Violation

BSOD DPC_Watchdog_Violation: This is the 4th time in a row Below is obtained from BlueScreenView Code: ================================================== Dump File : 100219-34359-01.dmp Crash Time : 02-10-2019 11:14:48 Bug Check String : Bug Check Code : 0x00000133 Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000000...
  6. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION screen freezing

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION screen freezing: Hello, For a few weeks now I have found my PC will seem to occasionally freeze unexpectedly and completely. Seems to happen while browsing the internet. I have to press and hold the power button to restart. Today was the first time it went to a blue screen. I didn't...
  7. Bsod dpc_watchdog_violation

Bsod dpc_watchdog_violation: Hello I get a Blue screen of death error maybe once or twice a day, it is labeled as DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. I've ran some minidump file analyzers and one said it was my razer mouse software, so I updated it, restarted the computer, and got the BSOD again. Here is all the...
  8. BSOD dpc_watchdog_violation

BSOD dpc_watchdog_violation: Hello I'm having issues with Win10, i'm experiencing this BSOD, it has happened twice now randomly. The last software change I did was to update my video from this "amd-catalyst-15.7.1-win10-64bit", to this one "radeon-crimson-16.3.2-win10-64bit". BEfore the driver...
  9. BSOD with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

BSOD with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: Hi Please can you tell me how to debug using the attached debug files! And tell me what the error is! Dell XPS 730 Quad Core Extreme @ 3.0GHz, dual GTX560 Graphics, 8Gb Crucial Memory Thanks 33813
  10. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSODs and freezes on clean W10 install

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSODs and freezes on clean W10 install: I have been running a Windows 10 for some time mostly without problems (although it seemed to me that it was not working as fast as it should be, I recalled application startup for example to be much smoother on Windows 8). I decided to do a clean reinstall of Win 10 a couple...