Windows 10: bsod probably caused by a driver

Discus and support bsod probably caused by a driver in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; i was getting bsod error's for a few days so today i decided to run driver verifier and i got a bsod with driver verifier detected violation error, i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ad1772, Oct 16, 2020.

1. ad1772 Win User

bsod probably caused by a driver

i was getting bsod error's for a few days so today i decided to run driver verifier and i got a bsod with driver verifier detected violation error, i viewed the minidump file and this issue is apparently being caused by "SteamStreamingMicrophone.sys" driver, how can i fix this issue...?

here is the minidump file https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai2gUp9VATsDg2QupIHemXsTYKKD?e=0mWscc

:)

ad1772, Oct 16, 2020

2. Asus laptop - Bsod - Probably caused by - ntoskrnlmp.exe

I have an Asus laptop and since I upgraded to windows 10, I've been getting periodical shutdowns. I've received two Bsod's but most of the time, my laptop would fall asleep while I was using it. I ran chkdsk and everything checked out ok so I decided to run verifier to see if a driver was causing the issue. I made a restore point, then, I ran verifier. From that point, my pc would not boot up. So, I went into safe mode and disabled verifier and was once again able to gain access to my laptop. When I opened the minidump report, it said the probable cause was ntoskrnlmp.exe

I'm not sure what the next step is to resolve this.

harlemheat37, Oct 16, 2020
  3. Golden Win User
    BSOD caused by driver atikmdag.sys

Could be another driver causing the issue.

Suggest you follow this and post in the BSOD section of the forum.

BSOD - Posting Instructions

Golden, Oct 16, 2020
  4. bsod probably caused by a driver

How to delete Hauppauge drivers? (hcw88aud.sys and such) (causing BSODs)

I am trying to get rid of my Hauppauge drivers because they are causing me BSODs. According to a different question I found, my crashes are down to memory corruption.

I have no idea when I got this software, but as its from 2009 it was probably my dad.

The BSODs are MEMORY MANAGEMENT, IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL, PFN LIST CORRUPT and DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION.

I want the blue screens to stop.

I have tried uninstalling and deleting but they just come back.

Help?

Robin Shekleton, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

bsod probably caused by a driver

1. bsod probably caused by a driver - Similar Threads - bsod probably caused

2. Probable cause of "CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION" BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Probable cause of "CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION" BSOD: This is my first experience with this specific BSOD. I have not manually updated any drivers recently so I'm not quite sure of the issue, although it could be related to the NVIDIA display drivers I installed approx 1 month ago.Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version...
  3. Probable cause of "CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION" BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Probable cause of "CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION" BSOD: This is my first experience with this specific BSOD. I have not manually updated any drivers recently so I'm not quite sure of the issue, although it could be related to the NVIDIA display drivers I installed approx 1 month ago.Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version...
  4. Probable cause of "CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION" BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows BSOD probably caused by driver issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows BSOD probably caused by driver issue: My windows has been suffering from BSOD three times a day for the past few weeks. Error code: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERRORWhich means maybe caused by hardware error.https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Kc0aSUWORM_aAY9eAJedbEBuVFFVGQ7s/view?usp=sharingThis is the link to the minidump...
  6. Windows BSOD probably caused by driver issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows BSOD probably caused by driver issue: My windows has been suffering from BSOD three times a day for the past few weeks. Error code: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERRORWhich means maybe caused by hardware error.https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Kc0aSUWORM_aAY9eAJedbEBuVFFVGQ7s/view?usp=sharingThis is the link to the minidump...
  7. Windows BSOD probably caused by driver issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Problem with BSOD probably a driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with BSOD probably a driver: Since about 3-4 weeks I have been getting BSOD's almost every time I start up my system. They vary in message but most of them are things like MEMORY_MANAGEMENT or ISQL or some others I can't remember. Using a blue screen viewer I have come to the conclusion that it is always...
  9. BSOD Probably caused by : memory_corruption

BSOD Probably caused by : memory_corruption: Hi, My computer frequently has BSOD. I have used windbg to analyze 800mb dump file as attached bellow: please help , thank you! Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 10.0.17763.1 X86 Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Loading Dump File...
  10. BSOD, Bugcheck Analysis : "probably caused by : GenuineIntel"

BSOD, Bugcheck Analysis : "probably caused by : GenuineIntel": My 4-year-old custom build started having Bluescreens a month ago, it's rather random and sometimes I don't have crashes for days but it's very unpredictable. I wasn't able to trigger the crash with various test programs so I'm a little lost how I find a solution to my...