Windows 10: Bsod problem on certain games

Discus and support Bsod problem on certain games in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I have recently restarted my windows, and it is working perfectly fine, although their are two games that get bsod whenever I try to start them up.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Xbox_user, Jun 1, 2021.

1. Xbox_user Win User

Bsod problem on certain games

So I have recently restarted my windows, and it is working perfectly fine, although their are two games that get bsod whenever I try to start them up. They are Apex Legends, and Forza Horizon 4. All my other games work perfectly fine. Their are two stop codes I get when the bluescreen, CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT, and WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ ERROR. If you can help me that would be awesome, this has been happening for days.

:)

Xbox_user, Jun 1, 2021

2. BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 1, 2021
  3. Senarium Win User
    Weird BSOD problem

Hi Everyone,

I have a weird BSOD problem which I cannot solve for a while(it persists still after upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7)

The main strange thing about this is that I get BSOD only after cold boot.
    So it acts like this:

1. start PC.
    2. Get to Windows Logo Screen
    3. BSOD
    4. Restart
    5. Get to menu where I can try to repair or Start NormallyIf I Choose Repair, it will fail to repair and will try to restoreIf I Choose Start Normally, it will start OK, no BSOD, can work normally, games, browse internet, everything is normal.6. Shutdown PC
    7. Next time when I start is all over again i.e. Go to Step 1

I have this problem for a while, so what I tried:
    1. Another Windows 7
    2. Another HDD
    3. Only HDD connected
    4. Changed RAM
    5. Tried with built in GPU
    6. Upgraded to Windows 10

Result is the same as above every time.

Please suggest what could be the cause.
    Logs collected with DM_Log_Collector, attached.

Thank you

PS. This thread is a continuation of this one: Frequent multiple errors BSOD. Solved - Windows 7 Help Forums the only thing changed is Windows 10 now. instead of Windows 7. If that helps somehow.

Senarium, Jun 1, 2021
  4. XON
    Xon Win User

BSOD while gaming

Getting freezing and slowdown and BSOD. Happens in certain games. Sometimes it happens every session. Sometimes it doesn't Dumps point to nvlddmkm.sys and ntoskrnl.exe. Bug String is SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED Bug code is 0x10000007e. Attached are the files generated from the BSOD analysis suggested here.

Updated drivers but it didn't seem to affect it.

Thema:

1. Bsod problem on certain games - Similar Threads - Bsod problem certain

2. Getting BSOD only on certain games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting BSOD only on certain games: So I am getting BSOD only when I am playing certain games. The two ive noticed are FIFA 23 and Battlefield 5. I have played RDR2, Facry, GTA and have had no issues. My CPU and GPU temps are 70-80cs when playing these games. Getting BSOD DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER and...
  3. Getting BSOD only on certain games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting BSOD only on certain games: So I am getting BSOD only when I am playing certain games. The two ive noticed are FIFA 23 and Battlefield 5. I have played RDR2, Facry, GTA and have had no issues. My CPU and GPU temps are 70-80cs when playing these games. Getting BSOD DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER and...
  4. BSOD when playing certain games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when playing certain games: Hello, I've recently been suffering from IRQL Not Equal or Less BSOD when playing Solasta Crown of the Magister on GamePass.I had recently reinstalled Windows 10 because I was encountering BSODs only when playing certain games, including No Man's Sky on GamePass and V Rising...
  5. BSOD when playing certain games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when playing certain games: Hello, I've recently been suffering from IRQL Not Equal or Less BSOD when playing Solasta Crown of the Magister on GamePass.I had recently reinstalled Windows 10 because I was encountering BSODs only when playing certain games, including No Man's Sky on GamePass and V Rising...
  6. BSOD when playing certain games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. BSOD when playing certain games

BSOD when playing certain games: I get BSOD's when playing certain games; Deus Ex Mankind Divided, Civilization VI, and Witcher 3. However, I don't get BSOD's when playing Crysis 3, or Call of Duty Infinite Warfare. The driver that's causing it is Hal.dll. My PSU is new, and I ran the windows memory test and...
  8. BSOD while playing certain games

BSOD while playing certain games: I built a new machine and it worked fine for two months. After sometime of playing rust my computer crashed, ever since i havent been able to play any demanding game. It will consistently crash once a game begins running and randomly while browsing. Ive taken it into a shop...
  9. BSOD when playing certain games

BSOD when playing certain games: My laptop been having this problem for this many times. While gaming everyday, have BSOD almost everyday. Screen went blue and won't restart at all. have to manually restart the laptop. The DM Log Collector file is attached. From: Kevin 29255
  10. Performance Problems In certain games!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Performance Problems In certain games!: Okey so ive been having a major issue in terms of gaming performance in certain games. For this example its Arma 3 i dunno whats happening but just messes up my FPS in that game! i cant play for more than 30-40 minutes straight without encountering the problem! here is...