Windows 10: BSOD Problem, Used Driver Verifier

Discus and support BSOD Problem, Used Driver Verifier in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer has been crashing periodically and I wasn't sure what the problem was. I thought it was either a memory or driver issue. After running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by cdkinder1, Sep 12, 2018.

1. cdkinder1 Win User

BSOD Problem, Used Driver Verifier

My computer has been crashing periodically and I wasn't sure what the problem was. I thought it was either a memory or driver issue. After running memtest and getting no errors, I was suggested to use Driver Verifier thanks to this helpful article

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/driver-verifier-tracking-down-a-mis-behaving/f5cb4faf-556b-4b6d-95b3-c48669e4c983

I enabled it and the computer has begun to crash immediately upon starting Windows with the error: DRIVER_VERIFIED_DETECTED_VIOLATION viahduaa.sys

I have the DMP files and output from MSinfo here

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jZHRMjygLiQSma0nzx9OHGfFBzacB8Eh

:)

cdkinder1, Sep 12, 2018

2. Driver Verifier BSOD diagnosis opinions?

I used the link provided and selected the option that says the BSOD occurred while using my PC. The link suggests checking for updates and disconnecting hardware. My software is already up to date, and rather than disconnecting random hardware, I was under
    the impression from that by uploading the dump files from the Driver Verifier program that from

this post
    , there might be some clues as to what specific driver is causing the crashes. Is that possible to determine?

BSOD Monster, Sep 12, 2018
  3. Peaj Win User
    Driver Verifier BSOD on Start Up DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION

Update

So the PC went down the same road, became unusable and I wiped it.

Clean install number 6. Clean install 5 was to test if Windows 7 was as unstable as the Windows 10 installs. It was - this made me think it may be a hardware problem or just a really poorly supported motherboard.

Clean install 6 - this time I am being methodical in my steps and testing every step of the way. PC specs are still the same other than a new stick of DDR4. What I have done so far:

• Bought/installed a new stick of DDR4 for testing.
    • Followed Gerrys advice and installed latest BIOS, even though it is in beta it is listed as a stable release.
    • Installed Windows 10
    • Installed Chipset Drivers from Gigabyte website.
    • Installed latest Ethernet drivers (20_7) from Intel website.
    • I have made sure to not connect the PC to the internet and have left the ethernet cable unplugged.
    • Ran Verifier, rebooted with no problems, not that I was expecting there to be any.
    • Installed latest drivers from Nvidia
    • ran Verifier, rebooted, BSOD "DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION"
    • booted into safe mode, reset Verifier, rebooted.

So this is where I am at. A completely clean install, and what seems to be problems with Nvidia drivers.

Minidump link if someone could have a look. Minidump is 021216-2203-01

021216-2203-01.7z

So I am not sure what this means. PC seems stable at the moment though there is hardly anything installed on it.

Does Verifier reporting a problem mean that there is one? What should I do from here?

4. BSOD Problem, Used Driver Verifier

Driver verifier dump file BSOD

The Memory dump you uploaded was had a bugcheck of 50, not C4(Driver verifier Detected Violation). Nothing constructive was found in the dump, though.

Step 1:

Configure your PC to generate MiniDumps:

Configure Windows 10 to Create Minidump on BSOD

Step 2:

Do a memory Test:

Memory problems.

Sumit Dhiman2, Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

BSOD Problem, Used Driver Verifier

1. BSOD Problem, Used Driver Verifier - Similar Threads - BSOD Problem Used

2. Driver verifier Bsod

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver verifier Bsod: Dear All,I have run driver verifier and it showed wdfserial.sys error. How to fix this BSOD ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-verifier-bsod/05b8b93d-216c-4825-a307-dc2f8e2d9d44
  3. Driver verifier Bsod

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driver verifier Bsod: Dear All,I have run driver verifier and it showed wdfserial.sys error. How to fix this BSOD ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-verifier-bsod/05b8b93d-216c-4825-a307-dc2f8e2d9d44
  4. Driver Verifier BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver Verifier BSOD: So for like a year im having random reboots with no BSOD up to 2 times a month, so i researched the topic for a bit and ruled out some faulty hardware like GPU was already in my old PC and ran fine or RAM Memtest86 passed without problems, changed PSU too. i also changed some...
  5. Driver Verifier BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driver Verifier BSOD: So for like a year im having random reboots with no BSOD up to 2 times a month, so i researched the topic for a bit and ruled out some faulty hardware like GPU was already in my old PC and ran fine or RAM Memtest86 passed without problems, changed PSU too. i also changed some...
  6. BSOD with Driver Verifier

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD with Driver Verifier: Hey,so i recently noticed that my pc sometimes crashed out of nowhere and my error was The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000116 0xffffc68ad8e77010, 0xfffff8033a2d19e4, 0xffffffffc000009a, 0x0000000000000004. A dump was saved in:...
  7. Multiple BSODs after using Driver Verifier

Multiple BSODs after using Driver Verifier: Hello, I've been getting BSODs from time to time (few times a month) randomly while working, so I decided to find out the problem using driver verifier. I had four BSODs so far, all of them before startup. Three I hopefully resolved (twice I uninstalled the software and one...
  8. Problems with BSOD, driver verifier, minidmp

Problems with BSOD, driver verifier, minidmp: Hello anyone reading this, So I've been having constant bsods, and I think I'm finally getting closer to the answer but i still am kinda lost. TO better understand I think I should start with how I blue screen. So I usually turn on my pc and play a few games, browse the...
  9. bsod with driver verifier

bsod with driver verifier: hello, so i have been experiencing some bsod, I've recently built a pc and installed windows 10 on a new ssd but here and there i would get a bsod around 3 a day mostly starts up again when i can sleep my pc or restart/shutoff ive gotten several errors such as ntoskrnl.exe...
  10. BSOD Problem: Driver Verifier Follow-up

BSOD Problem: Driver Verifier Follow-up: I have been experiencing a lot of BSOD problems. I followed the instructions on the wiki links given below to use Driver Verifier and get the DMP files, which I have linked here along with the system information generated from MSinfo32 and Speccy. The last BSOD gave me the...