Windows 10: BSOD Problem

Discus and support BSOD Problem in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; All details of the errors and timeline :Since today my laptop has BSOD 2 timesBoth BSODs happened at 3 minute intervalsOn an unrelated note the BSODs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BlazeRav, Nov 25, 2023.

1. BlazeRav Win User

BSOD Problem

All details of the errors and timeline :Since today my laptop has BSOD 2 timesBoth BSODs happened at 3 minute intervalsOn an unrelated note the BSODs happened whenever I opened chromeThe Error along with tcpip.sys was IRQL_not_less_or_equalLike most people I tried to diagnose this issue myselfOne of the forums I viewed suggested I run driver-verifier - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-verifier-tracking-down-a-mis-behaving/f5cb4faf-556b-4b6d-95b3-c48669e4c983 I followed the exact instructions and ran verifierMy laptop started BSODing like crazy with error - DRIV

:)

BlazeRav, Nov 25, 2023
  2. alexsubri Win User

BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    BSOD Problem [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, Nov 25, 2023
  3. Senarium Win User
    Weird BSOD problem

Hi Everyone,

I have a weird BSOD problem which I cannot solve for a while(it persists still after upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7)

The main strange thing about this is that I get BSOD only after cold boot.
    So it acts like this:

1. start PC.
    2. Get to Windows Logo Screen
    3. BSOD
    4. Restart
    5. Get to menu where I can try to repair or Start NormallyIf I Choose Repair, it will fail to repair and will try to restoreIf I Choose Start Normally, it will start OK, no BSOD, can work normally, games, browse internet, everything is normal.6. Shutdown PC
    7. Next time when I start is all over again i.e. Go to Step 1

I have this problem for a while, so what I tried:
    1. Another Windows 7
    2. Another HDD
    3. Only HDD connected
    4. Changed RAM
    5. Tried with built in GPU
    6. Upgraded to Windows 10

Result is the same as above every time.

Please suggest what could be the cause.
    Logs collected with DM_Log_Collector, attached.

Thank you

PS. This thread is a continuation of this one: Frequent multiple errors BSOD. Solved - Windows 7 Help Forums the only thing changed is Windows 10 now. instead of Windows 7. If that helps somehow.

Senarium, Nov 25, 2023
  4. dalchina Win User

BSOD Problem

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Nov 25, 2023
Thema:

BSOD Problem

1. BSOD Problem - Similar Threads - BSOD Problem

2. Problems with TP-Link WiFi Adapter causing BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with TP-Link WiFi Adapter causing BSODs: So, just earlier today i went to log onto my desktop to find out that my computer cannot find the WiFi network i am always usually connected to, this is the second time this issue has occurred.What i tried to fix this issue was Uninstalling my TP-Link WiFi adapter I use a...
  3. Problems with TP-Link WiFi Adapter causing BSODs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with TP-Link WiFi Adapter causing BSODs: So, just earlier today i went to log onto my desktop to find out that my computer cannot find the WiFi network i am always usually connected to, this is the second time this issue has occurred.What i tried to fix this issue was Uninstalling my TP-Link WiFi adapter I use a...
  4. Problems w/ some applications crashing my laptop BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems w/ some applications crashing my laptop BSOD: So i love playing all kinds of games yea? But i guess my laptop doesn't either, certain games like warthunder, Helldivers, and space engineers doesn't blue screen my laptop, but when i play Arma 3 This is on RHS KOTH servers, they are like big big mudded multiplayer servers,...
  5. Problems w/ some applications crashing my laptop BSOD

Problems w/ some applications crashing my laptop BSOD: So i love playing all kinds of games yea? But i guess my laptop doesn't either, certain games like warthunder, Helldivers, and space engineers doesn't blue screen my laptop, but when i play Arma 3 This is on RHS KOTH servers, they are like big big mudded multiplayer servers,...
  6. Problems w/ some applications crashing my laptop BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Need help with a BSOD problem DEVICE_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with a BSOD problem DEVICE_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: Not too sure what's causing it. Was checking on HWINFO64 for abit before the screen froze everything else was running, discord was still connected and working. Could be either a problem caused by HWINFO64 or the Integrated GPU.Also "Display driver amduw23g stopped responding...
  8. Need help with a BSOD problem DEVICE_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

Need help with a BSOD problem DEVICE_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: Not too sure what's causing it. Was checking on HWINFO64 for abit before the screen froze everything else was running, discord was still connected and working. Could be either a problem caused by HWINFO64 or the Integrated GPU.Also "Display driver amduw23g stopped responding...
  9. Win11 BSOD, disk/drive problem. Cant boot in safe mode, can't complete drive repair, PC...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 BSOD, disk/drive problem. Cant boot in safe mode, can't complete drive repair, PC...: The past few days I've had a problem with my Windows 11 PC. In the middle of something I'll see a very brief BSOD too brief to even read, and the system will shutdown and reboot.Square One: Upon startup it's like nothing happened. Any new files, browsing history,...
  10. Win11 BSOD, disk/drive problem. Cant boot in safe mode, can't complete drive repair, PC...

Win11 BSOD, disk/drive problem. Cant boot in safe mode, can't complete drive repair, PC...: The past few days I've had a problem with my Windows 11 PC. In the middle of something I'll see a very brief BSOD too brief to even read, and the system will shutdown and reboot.Square One: Upon startup it's like nothing happened. Any new files, browsing history,...