Windows 10: BSOD Random Crash, Possibly Memory Corruption?

Discus and support BSOD Random Crash, Possibly Memory Corruption? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there, My laptop has been crashing randomly for no apparent trigger. But a noticeable cycle is ~ every 12 days. Every time is the same error:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kurkyThomas, Sep 30, 2016.

1. BSOD Random Crash, Possibly Memory Corruption?

Hi there,

My laptop has been crashing randomly for no apparent trigger. But a noticeable cycle is ~ every 12 days.

Every time is the same error: "faulty hardware corrupted page"

So I try using memtest86 but with no luck (10 passes all gd)

Then I use windows debugging tool to read memorydump. It said is a 'hardware error'

But I am not sure am I using the tool correctly, also there are too many stuff I have no idea....

So if anyone can help analyse the memory dump is greatly appreciated *Cool

Please see attachment for memory dump, it is create using the tool provided in post "BSOD - Posting Instructions"

Thanks for reading this post! Thanks in advanced for any reply *cake

:)

kurkyThomas, Sep 30, 2016

2. Windows 10 BSODs

Hi,

Since I upgraded my Windows 7 to Windows 10 in August, I collect the BSODs once for each day :

- Driver IRQL Not Less Or Equal (Boot)

- Bad Pool Caller (Random crash)

- Bad Pool Header (Random crash)

- System Service Exception (Random crash)

- Interrupt Exception Not Handled (Boot)

- IRQL Not Less Or Equal (Random crash)

- PFN List Corrupt (Random crash)

- Kernel Security Check Failure (Random crash)

- Internal Power Error (Random crash)

- Kernel Locked Stack At Exit (Reboot)

- System Thread Exception Not Handled (Boot)

Is it a problem with the Nvidia driver ?

I updated the driver yesterday but the BSOD still occurs.

------------------

System Information

------------------

Operating System: Windows 10 Professionnel 64-bit

System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

System Model: EP45-UD3P (rev. 1.0)

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Extreme CPU X9650 @ 3.00GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.3GHz

Memory: 12288MB RAM (4 slots: 2 x 4 GB PC2-5300, 2 x 2 GB PC2-6400)

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 (Asus)

Driver Version: 10.18.13.5598 (355.98, September 22th), previously it was the version 355.60 (August 13th)

Monitor 1 Model: SyncMaster P2470HD (Digital) (Samsung)

Monitor 2 Model: S27D390 (Samsung)

System drive: RAID-0 volume (4 x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 256GB)

Ten is 6.4, Sep 30, 2016
  3. loglolol Win User
    Constant Crashing / BSOD

Hey. I've been having issues with my computer crashing or bluescreening. The time inbetween the crashes are random, and the messages in the BSOD's are seemingly random. If you need anything to help ID the problem, please let me know.

Thanks for your time

loglolol, Sep 30, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

BSOD Random Crash, Possibly Memory Corruption?

Code: FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE (12b) This bugcheck indicates that a single bit error was found in this page. This is a hardware memory error.[/quote] Sure looks like a hardware memory error. Even though memtest86 didn't show an error. Try running memtest86+ (note the +) instead of memtest86. An overnight run should give you at least 8 full passes. Any error indicates defective memory.
    ===================================================
    RAM:

Follow this tutorial: MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

*Smile you could just replace the memory modules and see what happens.

Ztruker, Sep 30, 2016
  5. Thanks for the reply Ztruker *Smile

I will try it out tonight and report back.

Yeah it's like it need to bsod twice first before it can be gd again for a while.

It did cross my mind*really It's not very expensive and I can afford it but I want to know for sure first. Beside I want to know is it the solder-on RAM fault or the add-on one.

kurkyThomas, Oct 1, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    I dislike PCs that have onboard ram. Means if it goes bad you have to replace the system board.

Oh well, let's see what memtest86+ shows you.

Ztruker, Oct 2, 2016
  7. I finally have time to test out the ram.

So I tried on only the on board ram with memtest86+, 10 passes no problem.

But when I add the extra 4 GB ram, 6.5 hours with only 4 passes. It took too long so I stopped. If I use the forced multi-core mode the whole thing freeze after half minutes the test start.

So is it safe to assume is the extra ram have problem? Or should I send it to Asus for checking?

Also I found that as long as I only use hibernate the computer work fine. It only gives bsod if it was wake from sleep mode.

kurkyThomas, Nov 11, 2016
  8. Ztruker Win User

Ztruker, Nov 11, 2016
  9. Yeah I did that already

kurkyThomas, Nov 12, 2016
  10. Ztruker Win User
    6 hours for 4 passes is about right. Normally takes 8 to 12 to test 8GB for 8 passes.

I would remove the extra 4GB and run for a few weeks and see if the problem occurs. If not then replace it.

Ztruker, Nov 13, 2016
  11. Thanks Ztruker, I will try that

kurkyThomas, Nov 14, 2016
  12. I have remove the extra 4GB RAM and there is another BSOD just now when wake from sleep. Though this time the description is "system service exception". Can you help have a look? My debugger doesn't work anymore.... The dump is in the attachment.

kurkyThomas, Nov 15, 2016
  13. Ztruker Win User

I can't do anything with the newer dumps as Microsoft has not placed the symbols for the 14393.447 build on the symbol server. Makes it impossible for me to even look at anything useful, sorry.

I don't know what we are going to do as this completely wipes out the BSOD support, unless someone has another way to get the symbols.

Ztruker, Nov 17, 2016
  14. Thanks for the effort Ztruker *Biggrin That's why my debugger wont work! This is really wired for them to do that. Hopefully they are just uploading it late BSOD Random Crash, Possibly Memory Corruption? :p

kurkyThomas, Nov 17, 2016
  15. Ztruker Win User
    I think I just fixed the symbol problem, but not sure yet. I changed the server part of my symbol path from

Code: http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols[/quote] to

Code: https://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols[/quote] (*http to *https) and so far it's working.

Can you control the overclocking of your CPU or RAM. I see this:
    Code: 2: kd> !sysinfo cpuspeed CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4200U CPU @ 1.60GHz" MaxSpeed: 1600 CurrentSpeed: 2295[/quote] I see looking at the specs the CPU speed can range from 1600Mhz to 3800Mhz so it's probably automatic and not under your control.

The latest dump still indicates a single bit memory error. It's possible this is caused by a device driver. The only suggestion I have is to try running with Driver Verifier enabled and see if that shows anything.

===================================================
    Driver Verifier
    is a diagnostic tool built into Windows 10, it is designed to verify both native Microsoft drivers and third party drivers. Driver Verifier's verification process involves putting heavy stress on drivers with the intention of making bad, outdated, incompatible or misbehaving drivers fail. The required result is a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) which will generate a crash dump for debugging purposes.
    Machines exposed to Driver Verifier will run very sluggishly due to the stress being applied to the drivers.

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable in Windows 10

Pay close attention to

BSOD Random Crash, Possibly Memory Corruption? [​IMG]
    PART TWO
    BSOD Random Crash, Possibly Memory Corruption? [​IMG]

and make sure the correct boxes are checked.

Warning:
    It is not advised to run Driver Verifier for more than 48 hours at a time. Disable Driver Verifier after 48 hours or after receiving a BSOD, whichever happens soonest.

Always create a Restore Point prior to enabling Driver Verifier.

What we're looking for is a BSOD with a mini dump that will tell us what driver caused it.

Ztruker, Nov 18, 2016
Thema:

1. BSOD Random Crash, Possibly Memory Corruption? - Similar Threads - BSOD Random Crash

2. Memory corruption BSOD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory corruption BSOD?: My computer has recently been crashing randomly and giving BSODs, and the minidump files indicate that ntkrnlmp.exe is at fault. I think this may be due to memory corruption and maybe drivers.I ran the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool and it detected no problems as seen in...
  3. Memory corruption BSOD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Memory corruption BSOD?: My computer has recently been crashing randomly and giving BSODs, and the minidump files indicate that ntkrnlmp.exe is at fault. I think this may be due to memory corruption and maybe drivers.I ran the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool and it detected no problems as seen in...
  4. Memory corruption BSOD?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Facing BSOD with memory corruption

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Facing BSOD with memory corruption: Recently I started getting interrupted with bsod while playing games that use a lot of memory. Is there any way you can narrow this down for me? Could it be a page file issue or an actual fault with my RAM sticks. Please find the dmp data below....
  6. Memory corruption BSOD

Memory corruption BSOD: I've been running into the BSOD last few days and from what i've managed to find, it's a memory corruption issue. I've not been able to notice any patterns in particular when these crashes happen either. I did however take a look at my MEMORY.DMP file with a friend but I'm a...
  7. BSOD Memory Corruption

BSOD Memory Corruption: Hi Ive been getting BSOD and also freeze screens. Second time now ive done windows clean install but eventually this issue comes back. Now i managed to save a mini dump file as uploaded here if you can kindly check please. thanks
  8. BSOD - memory corruption

BSOD - memory corruption: Yesterday I had a BODS problem with my computer and I have got the dump files. It prompts the most probably ably reason is "memory_corruption". Here are the dump files. https://drive.google.com/file/d/10zuy9C2Syce6IbUvOZYZDm_oBAyUms2T/view?usp=sharing,...
  9. Memory Corruption BSOD

Memory Corruption BSOD: System Build: MOBO: ASUS ROG STRIX Z-370H GAMING CPU: Intel i7 8700k SDD: Samsung Evo 550 Display: GeForce GTX 760 RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-2133 A foreword, this build is only about 1 year old, except for the 760. I have had various blue screens...
  10. BSOD random times, target is likely to have memory corruption??

BSOD random times, target is likely to have memory corruption??: I have tried just about everything to figure out why my computer keeps crashing but I cannot seem to find out why. It is never a certain thing I am doing either. I could be on the internet, playing a game, or working on documents. It will give me different error codes as...