Windows 10: BSOD Random Crashes "Kernel-Power"

Discus and support BSOD Random Crashes "Kernel-Power" in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello,My computer has been frequently blue screening and black-screening as of the past few months and it appears to happen for no apparent reason.My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mr Kaos, Apr 30, 2021.

1. Mr Kaos Win User

BSOD Random Crashes "Kernel-Power"

Hello,My computer has been frequently blue screening and black-screening as of the past few months and it appears to happen for no apparent reason.My system specifications are below:ASUSTeK TUF GAMING X570-PLUSAMD Ryzen 9 3900X32 GB DDR4 G.SKILL 3600MHzNvidia RTX 3080Seagate BarraCuda Q5 1TB SSDUpon checking the event viewer, I found the following events that occurred at about the time my computer turned off and bluescreened:Level: Critical; Source: Kernel-Power- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provide

:)

Mr Kaos, Apr 30, 2021
  2. OttoGB Win User

Random Kernel-Power 41 BSODs

Hello,

Since late January 2020, my computer has suffered from about 50 blue screens, all from the error Kernel-Power 41 (63). The crash can occur at any time. It has happened within a minute of startup, or several hours into a gaming session (which is what the
    computer is primarily used for).

The error message on the BSOD screen varies regularly. I've had:

• Kernel Data Inpage Error
    • Service System Exception
    • Unexpected Store Exception

I have attempted the following troubleshooting methods:

Windows
    (Windows10 home
    64bit)

• Ran
      sfc/scannow
    • Ran
      following DISM tests:
      • Dism
        /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
      • Dism
        /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
      • Dism
        /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    • Ran
      Windows Defender Quick Scan

Memory/RAM
    (Corsair Vengeance
    LPX DDR4 3000MHz 16GB)

• Ran
      Windows Memory Diagnostics (x2)
      • No
        issues found
    • Ran
      Memtest86 (2 passes)
      • No
        issues found

GPU/Video
    Card (Radeon
    R9 290X)

• Reinstalled
      drivers/AMD Software (20.4.1)
      • Issue
        persists
    • Rolled-back
      drivers to 20.2.2 (never had issues with these)
      • Issue
        persists
    • Temperatures
      never above 75C
    • Reseated
      card

Motherboard

• No
      visual defects (blown/swollen capacitors etc)
    • CPU
      never exceeds 75C

Device
    Manager

• All
      drivers updated

Storage
    (WD Blue SN550
    NVMe SSD)

• Ran
      manufacturer’s diagnostic test
      • No
        issues found
      • Firmware
        up to date.
    • Ran
      CHKDSK /f /r (x2)
      • Did
        find areas to repair but issue persists (both occasions)

Power
    Supply

• Originally
      believed to be the cause of the issue
    • Replaced
      with brand new Corsair TX650M

I have uninstalled all software/programs that were installed just prior to the start of the crashes. The last physical component to be installed in the PC was the NVMe drive in December 2019. Nothing else has been touched.

Here are the event properties from some of the crashes. Note they are not the same (although there have been crashes
    with the same properties).

Also, Windows seems unable to write dump files for crashes. I have the settings set up exactly as shown below, but nothing is ever present in C:\Windows\minidump after a crash. The same is true if I set it as a Kernel memory dump.

BSOD Random Crashes "Kernel-Power" 9c4cf1fe-6db0-4ceb-9027-df6e8b2793e8?upload=true.png

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

OttoGB, Apr 30, 2021
  3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

4. axe0 Win User

Kernel check error BSOD

I don't believe that is the correct one, but from another thread.
    There are a few reasons
    1. I have just analysed the dumps from that zip in another thread,
    2. The system is according to the zip an Alienware laptop, according to your system specs you have a Lenovo system
    3. The first and second zip files have different names, the second is identical to the zip from the other thread.

The other thread: Random kernel security check crashes, no pattern - Windows 10 Forums

Thema:

1. BSOD Random Crashes "Kernel-Power" - Similar Threads - BSOD Random Crashes

2. BSOD or random restart without BSOD: Kernel-Power Error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD or random restart without BSOD: Kernel-Power Error.: Please help. I have replaced my PSU, and Motherboard, done Windows memory diagnostic tool nothing reported, run system check no issues. I have an AMD Threadripper 2900x, ASROCK X399 Taichi Motherboard brand new, RTX 3090 Brand new, EVGA 1300 G2 PSU Brand new, 128GB 3200mhz...
  3. BSOD or random restart without BSOD: Kernel-Power Error.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD or random restart without BSOD: Kernel-Power Error.: Please help. I have replaced my PSU, and Motherboard, done Windows memory diagnostic tool nothing reported, run system check no issues. I have an AMD Threadripper 2900x, ASROCK X399 Taichi Motherboard brand new, RTX 3090 Brand new, EVGA 1300 G2 PSU Brand new, 128GB 3200mhz...
  4. BSOD or random restart without BSOD: Kernel-Power Error.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Kernel Power BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Kernel Power BSOD: -System -Provider[ Name]Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power[ Guid]{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}EventID41Version8Level1Task63Opcode0Keywords0x8000400000000002-TimeCreated[ SystemTime]2022-04-28T18:02:15.4514576ZEventRecordID251051Correlation-Execution[ ProcessID]4[...
  6. Random BSOD Crashes Kernel-Power Event_ID: 41 Task Category: 63

Random BSOD Crashes Kernel-Power Event_ID: 41 Task Category: 63: I have recently been experiencing BSOD crashes. I have had 10 since April 3, 2021, and I had 3 today. They are truly random ... they happen when I am doing different things. On youtube. In excel. Doing nothing in particular. Here is a link to my dmp files and system nfo...
  7. kernel power crash

kernel power crash: been having this problem for about a week. ever since i updated windows and a game i play, it crashed on a black screen every time the game would start. tried to play other games and it will do the same thing. i checked the event log and got "kernel power error 41"i updated...
  8. Random Kernel-Power 41 BSODs

Random Kernel-Power 41 BSODs: Hello, Since late January 2020, my computer has suffered from about 50 blue screens, all from the error Kernel-Power 41 63. The crash can occur at any time. It has happened within a minute of startup, or several hours into a gaming session which is what the computer is...
  9. Randomly BSOD (kernel-power ID 41)

Randomly BSOD (kernel-power ID 41): Hello, I set up my computer about 4 months ago and in the last three weeks I've had a lot of headaches. I contacted Microsoft support for several days and have done a lot of things on my computer, from a clean format, such as installing / uninstalling and updating drivers, I...
  10. Random bsod kernel-power 41(63)

Random bsod kernel-power 41(63): Computer gets bsod restarts giving different error codes almost every time. Ran chkdisk and memtest and found no errors. Problem has persisted after clean install of windows 10. I think all drivers are up to date. Graphically intensive games seem to trigger the crash but i...