Windows 10: BSOD Random crashes KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

Discus and support BSOD Random crashes KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This has happened more than 30 times already within 5 hours span. The crash happens at random and I have no idea of knowing when it will happen.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by storm75x, Jul 31, 2015.

1. storm75x Win User

BSOD Random crashes KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

This has happened more than 30 times already within 5 hours span. The crash happens at random and I have no idea of knowing when it will happen. Infact, it crashed 3 times while I was trying to post this.
    This problem has never occurred before upgraded to Windows 10.
    I have tried downloading Driver Reviver and updated all my drivers to the latest version, but no dice.

Below I have attached a memory dump, I'd be very glad if you could help. Thanks in advance. *Smile

Memory Dump: Attachment 27323

:)

storm75x, Jul 31, 2015

2. XBox One controller causes BSODs. Longstanding and widespread issue with no response from MS. Disappointing.

It's been known for a while that the XBox One controller will cause BSOD's with the KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE error at random, especially if one is using a headset. (in the file xboxgip.sys) It has been reported multiple times by different people, all
    with the same crash and issue, with no response from Microsoft. So, I'm going to post again, and keep posting until they notice.

Here's the minidump: 080316-22984-01.dmp

StrikerTheHedgefox, Jul 31, 2015
  3. BSOD - "Kernel Security Check Failure" at random and when I scan with Lenovo Solution Center

Hello,

My Lenovo IdeaPad Y700 is crashing at random with BSOD, and it is reliably crashing every time I open Lenovo Solution Center and begin a hardware scan of the computer. As far as I know this is the only thing I can do to reliably cause the computer to crash
    with BSOD. When it crashes, the error code "KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE" displays on the screen, with no other information besides the usual "Windows has encountered an error; gathering information and restarting your computer; etc."

I have included my recent .dmp files, system info, and a text file with my system diagnostics from Speccy in this OneDrive folder:

Info for Windows Support

I would like to know what exactly is causing this BSOD error, and how I can possibly try to fix the issue. By the nature of the error, it appears to be a driver malfunction or something of the sort.

Many thanks,

Luke

LukeGoldfish, Jul 31, 2015
  4. storm75x Win User

Regardless of my efforts cleaning the registry or running Malwarebytes I have failed to fix this problem.

storm75x, Jul 31, 2015
  5. Boozad Win User
    Do you have Diskeeper installed?
    Code: BugCheck 139, {3, ffffd00021c6c820, ffffd00021c6c778, 0} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for excsd.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for excsd.sys Probably caused by : excsd.sys ( excsd+673a )[/quote]

Boozad, Aug 1, 2015
  6. storm75x Win User
    [/quote] Thanks for the reply, I do not have an application with the name DiskKeeper, however, I found ExpressCache in my uninstall list made by DiskKeeper Corporation. I assume this is what you are talking about.
    Am I to uninstall this?

storm75x, Aug 1, 2015
  7. Boozad Win User
    Yes, get rid of it. It's made by Condusiv who were formerly Diskeeper, they obviously still use legacy drivers.

Boozad, Aug 1, 2015
  8. storm75x Win User

Ok thanks. I just restarted in safe mode.
    Will report back if it crashes within 24 hours.

storm75x, Aug 1, 2015
  9. Boozad Win User
    Good stuff, keep us posted.

Boozad, Aug 1, 2015
  10. storm75x Win User
    I'm getting C:/Program Files/Diskeeper Corporation/ExpressCache/msihelper.dll missing error. How should I approach this?
    Edit: Infact, I can't even find C:/Program Files/Diskeeper Corporation/!

storm75x, Aug 1, 2015
  11. Boozad Win User
    Is this through Add/Remove Programs?

Boozad, Aug 1, 2015
  12. storm75x Win User
    Yes. Ok, I uninstalled via Change option. Will report back later.

storm75x, Aug 1, 2015
  13. Boozad Win User

If you can run the ExpressCache installer it should repair the program, then you should be able to uninstall it.

Boozad, Aug 1, 2015
  14. storm75x Win User
    I don't seem to be getting a crash anymore. Thanks Boozad!

storm75x, Aug 1, 2015
  15. Boozad Win User
    You're welcome, glad to hear all's well. *Smile

Boozad, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD Random crashes KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE - Similar Threads - BSOD Random crashes

2. Random BSODs with KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSODs with KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139: I recently cloned my windows installation to a new drive and started getting BSODs. I mostly seem to be getting Kernel Security Check FailureI've tried the following:- Making sure all drivers are updated- sfc/ scannow- DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth- Check Disc...
  3. Random BSODs with KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSODs with KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139: I recently cloned my windows installation to a new drive and started getting BSODs. I mostly seem to be getting Kernel Security Check FailureI've tried the following:- Making sure all drivers are updated- sfc/ scannow- DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth- Check Disc...
  4. Random BSODs with KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Random KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

Random KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE: Hi I am currently getting this random BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE upon checking event viewer I am getting this message The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000139 (0x0000000000000003, 0xfffff581b0277680, 0xfffff581b02775d8,...
  6. Get kernel_security_check_failure BSOD randomly at shutdown

Get kernel_security_check_failure BSOD randomly at shutdown: Sometimes, when I shutdown the system, I get the BSOD screen with error 139, it then shuts down and reboots. There doesn't seem to be any pattern to it, and it doesn't always do it, nor does there seem to be any bad aftereffects. Any suggestions/ideas? I'm a techie, so don't...
  7. Random BSOD. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL + KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

Random BSOD. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL + KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE: I get the BSOD when i watch netflix/youtube, it also happens sometimes when i randomly browse the net. I have removed the graphics card, external hdd and have replaced the ram, motherboard and PSU. Ive ran chk disk and DISM, reinstalled a fresh copy of windows on the hdd...
  8. BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE at random times

BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE at random times: At completely random times (or so I think so) I get the BSOD with the KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE. I have updated all my drivers, updated windows, reinstalled all my drivers, but still no luck. When I use the Driver Verifier Manager to find unsigned drivers I find two...
  9. Random BSODs on surface pro 3, kernel_security_check_failure

Random BSODs on surface pro 3, kernel_security_check_failure: Hi, My Surface Pro 3 has recently started having BSODs (kernel_security_check_failure). They happen with seemingly no reason. The surface is a replacement for a broken one, and has all the same software. I have done research and haven't come up with anything so far. The DM...
  10. Random and constant BSODs, nearly all KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

Random and constant BSODs, nearly all KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE: Alright, so I'm at a loss here. I just put together this PC last week, and everything was working great until I decided to upgrade to Windows 10. I started having issues yesterday, when my PC randomly crashed with the error message "KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE." I had not...