Windows 10: BSOD - random exceptions when computer is idle - ntoskrnl.exe

Discus and support BSOD - random exceptions when computer is idle - ntoskrnl.exe in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I need a help with investigating cause of BSOD I am getting on my laptop basically every single day. It's not realated to any specific... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Karel Hoch, Mar 4, 2019.

1. BSOD - random exceptions when computer is idle - ntoskrnl.exe

Hello,

I need a help with investigating cause of BSOD I am getting on my laptop basically every single day. It's not realated to any specific activity I am doing and it seems to be quite random. I have tried to install latest BIOS and device drivers, as well as a fresh installation of Windows. Memcheck finished with no issues found.

error stop codes collected in last few weeks, all pointing to ntoskrnl.exe:

SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION

IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

KERNEL MODE HEAP CORRUPTION

KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE

APC INDEX MISMATCH

KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

REFERENCE BY POINTER

SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED ARE

HYPERVISOR ERROR

minidumps and msinfo32:

https://t1solutionsro-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/karel_hoch_t1-solution_com/Ef30J6266fdJo0af96-Et44BIySkuZKT-j8wpiShRYJLmQ?e=VgSNwE

:)

Karel Hoch, Mar 4, 2019
  2. giordan0 Win User

Random BSOD (Windows 10) ntoskrnl/0x00000124 bugcheck

Been getting infrequent BSOD errors on my Windows 10 PC (Home edition).

I had a look on BlueScreenView, seems like a lot of the bugcheck BSOD is ntoskrnl related but I can't work out if it's hardware related or some bad driver somewhere.

• The computer is 9 months old, custom built gaming PC.
    • Temperatures are low <60C at load, <30C at idle (waterblock cooling on CPU)
    • System is stable when gaming, a lot of the BSOD is happening at idle. (I leave my PC running all the time)
    • The OS was upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 in late 2015.
    • System felt more stable under Windows 8.1, not really experienced many BSOD under Win8.1
    • I have tested the memory with 10 successful passes (12 hrs).
    • Have run DirectX diagnostics and cyclic Heaven/Valley benchmarks - no crash.

giordan0, Mar 4, 2019
  3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

4. BSOD - random exceptions when computer is idle - ntoskrnl.exe

BSOD ntoskrnl, plz help!

Hello, I'm having bsod when I launch benchmark with sisoft sandra.

I got 2 different bsod DRIVER_CORRUPTED_XPOOL and DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER all with the same driver ntoskrnl.

what to do?

i'm using win10 64bit.

thank you

S_Bourghol, Mar 4, 2019
Thema:

BSOD - random exceptions when computer is idle - ntoskrnl.exe

1. BSOD - random exceptions when computer is idle - ntoskrnl.exe - Similar Threads - BSOD random exceptions

2. Random BSOD when idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD when idle: I do not know what's happening, I've reinstalled OS, Display drivers, reseating every component.My key issue is random BSOD literally different code error; sometimes no code, a month before, it keeps crashing on itself. i reinstalled windows 10 my original OS ; it was...
  3. Random BSOD when idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSOD when idle: I do not know what's happening, I've reinstalled OS, Display drivers, reseating every component.My key issue is random BSOD literally different code error; sometimes no code, a month before, it keeps crashing on itself. i reinstalled windows 10 my original OS ; it was...
  4. Computer BSOD when Idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer BSOD when Idle: Hello, I need some assistance trying to figure out what is causing my computer to crash/BSOD when I'm idling. I can play high-end games, have video meetings and utilize Chrome with 20+ tabs without issues for hours. When I close my programs and walk away for 20+ minutes, my...
  5. Computer BSOD when Idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer BSOD when Idle: Hello, I need some assistance trying to figure out what is causing my computer to crash/BSOD when I'm idling. I can play high-end games, have video meetings and utilize Chrome with 20+ tabs without issues for hours. When I close my programs and walk away for 20+ minutes, my...
  6. BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe: KUKutter_UKFirstly, I would like to say that I am posting this again because after having an instant reply from an 'Andrew', and posting my dmp files as requested on July 24th I haven't heard anything back since! I have responded a couple of times but nothing is happening to...
  7. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe: My computer has crashed a few times often when i play games. I bought more ram because i thought that it was the issue but it didn't help. It did work a few days but then the crashes came back. After that i fixed the BSOD´s by lowering the graphics and the resolution on the...
  8. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0: Help. Getting 4-5 of these a day. Running latest Windows 10 Pro, Xibo signboard, Docker with Xibo server. Always the same 'Caused By Address'. Put in new memory, ran memory test, no errors, all drivers up to date. Change disk type to AHCA, made sure windows driver was...
  9. BSOD (system service exception) on new computer: ntoskrnl, ntkrnlmp

BSOD (system service exception) on new computer: ntoskrnl, ntkrnlmp: Last week, I assembled a new desktop computer (with all new components) and installed windows 10 Educational. (See my 2nd PC details.) I updated and installed all the latest drivers. (I think at least.) But, since installation, I am having BSOD on various moments with the...
  10. BSOD caused by ntoskrnl exceptions

BSOD caused by ntoskrnl exceptions: Hello to anyone that is willing to help my name is Glenn, My pc was assembled by professionals but it got really hot so a month ago I took my cpu cooler off and noticed that they left the plastic on the cpu cooling block, So I fixed that issue after emailing the people...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. system service exception when computer left idle