Windows 10: BSOD Random freeze then BSOD Hypervisor_Wachdog_Timeout

Discus and support BSOD Random freeze then BSOD Hypervisor_Wachdog_Timeout in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My PC will freeze and BSOD multiple times a day. Sometimes it will recover from the freeze without a BSOD. It doesnt seem to be triggered by anything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Renier, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Renier Win User

BSOD Random freeze then BSOD Hypervisor_Wachdog_Timeout

My PC will freeze and BSOD multiple times a day. Sometimes it will recover from the freeze without a BSOD. It doesnt seem to be triggered by anything specific, just happens randomly. When it does I'll get the Hypervisor_Wachdog_Timeout BSOD but there might have been other names.

Please help.

DM collector logs attached

:)

Renier, Nov 10, 2018
  2. NetSurfer Win User

BSOD and freezing

Yesterday I started up my laptop from hibernating and it freezes, after restarting several times I get a BSOD which freezed on the BSOD one time.
    After restarting again the laptop freezed at the Welcome screen.
    I have had the freezing before, it was gone for about 2 months.
    I did not install any new hardware.
    Now it seems to run fine again.

But what is causing the freezing and the BSOD?
    I bought this laptop last January.

NetSurfer, Nov 10, 2018
  3. Homeless Win User
    Random computer freezes no bsod

I have a computer that's getting random freezes without bsod's. Fresh windows install, fresh hardware, and passes IBT and memtest. I assumed it was the memory at first, but a memtest ruled that out. Anyone have any other idea what may cause this?

System specs:
    Core i5 750 (stock)
    2x2gb cas9 patriot ram
    Radeon 5850 (stock) cat 9.12
    Gigabyte p55a ud3
    Corsair 750tx

Homeless, Nov 10, 2018
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

Thema:

1. BSOD Random freeze then BSOD Hypervisor_Wachdog_Timeout - Similar Threads - BSOD Random freeze

2. Random freezes / BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random freezes / BSODs: Hi,for about 6 month, my system was running stable without any issues. Suddenly the system started freezing OS hanging, reset via on/off button or cutting power supply or BSOD-ing Clock_watchdog_timeout. All of that came out of the blue, no hardware changes, no BIOS changes,...
  3. Random freezes / BSODs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random freezes / BSODs: Hi,for about 6 month, my system was running stable without any issues. Suddenly the system started freezing OS hanging, reset via on/off button or cutting power supply or BSOD-ing Clock_watchdog_timeout. All of that came out of the blue, no hardware changes, no BIOS changes,...
  4. Random bsods and freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random bsods and freezing: I'm getting random bsods and occasionally my PC will freeze so that I have to manually power it off. I've tried resetting windows, updating drivers, rolling back drivers, etc. Here is a folder with a few of the most recent dump files:...
  5. Random bsods and freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random bsods and freezing: I'm getting random bsods and occasionally my PC will freeze so that I have to manually power it off. I've tried resetting windows, updating drivers, rolling back drivers, etc. Here is a folder with a few of the most recent dump files:...
  6. Random bsods and freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Random BSOD and freezing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Random BSOD and freezing: I purchased a PC a month or so ago and have been experiencing random BSOD and freezing. It seems to happen any time as I can't find a trigger. I'm not doing anything specific other than every day use. The BSOD seems to happen at least a couple times a week and the freezing,...
  8. Random freezes and BSODs

Random freezes and BSODs: I have a Sony VAIO laptop, model SVE14A290X, which had Windows 8.1 installed on it. I waited until late December 2015 to upgrade to Windows 10, and followed all of the instructions and driver downloads given on the Sony website.But since then I've been having regular freezes...
  9. Random Freezes/BSoDs?

Random Freezes/BSoDs?: Hello everyone. I have recently been receiving constant freezes (hard freezes, can't do anything, computer is still running but Gpu fans stop, monitor freezes, controls lock up, etc.) and BSoDs. To add some backstory, this just randomly started happening about 4 months after...
  10. Random freeze and BSOD

Random freeze and BSOD: Hi, i have random freeze and BSOD with various errors. dumps as requested by stickythread are attached. i will provide more dumps when the problem will happen again. Thank you. The problem was caused by the motherboard (BIOS P1.90), it seems that does not...