Windows 10: BSOD random (more frequent with games), KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Discus and support BSOD random (more frequent with games), KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I just recently upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and after while it just started to BSOD more or less randomly, it appears to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ZehMatt, Aug 11, 2015.

1. ZehMatt Win User

BSOD random (more frequent with games), KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Hi,

I just recently upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and after while it just started to BSOD more or less randomly, it appears to be triggered more often if I have any process open that does accesses the GPU (Browser, Games)

I already ran memtest86 for about 8 hours (over night) with about 6 passes and 0 errors so I figured it is most likely not my memory.

Then I used Driver Verifier to filter out almost anything that isn't really needed there shouldn't be much third party drivers left.

Also I tried to get something out of the crash dumps where the call stack seems consistent however it is not very helpful at all as it always happens in ntoskrnl at the exact same location.

After spending a lot of time trying to figure this out on my own I'm hoping theres someone smarter than me here *Sad

Edit: I should mention I also tested my hard drive and it seems fine at least chkdsk claims that.

:)

ZehMatt, Aug 11, 2015

2. Multiple BSOD suddenly.

BSOD are more frequent now, seems to be random, doesn't matter what im doing.

JoshuaDonaldson89, Aug 11, 2015
  3. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED(RTKVDHA.sys)

my computer frequently started to have a new BSOD. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED(RTKVDHA.sys). can you help me solve this problem?

Bhaswata Choudhury, Aug 11, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi ZehMatt,

I'm very sorry for the delay, there aren't many people in this section.
    Are you still requiring help?
    If so, please use the tool again and upload a new zip file.

Please fill in your system specsPlease go to this site and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.How to fill in your system specs:

BSOD random (more frequent with games), KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED [​IMG]

BSOD random (more frequent with games), KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED [​IMG]

5. ZehMatt Win User
    Hi,

Updated my system information on my profile.

I'm having more recent BSODs lately when using Visual Studio to build a really big project. I tried to investigate the call stack on my own but I'm rather puzzled what it could be, the stack record also seems corrupted?

More recent dump attached.

ZehMatt, Dec 3, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    axe0, Dec 4, 2015
  7. ZehMatt Win User
    I would rather prefer to avoid reinstalling Windows 10, there has to be a way to pinpoint the issue.

ZehMatt, Dec 5, 2015
  8. axe0 New Member

There is a big chance this problem is caused by the upgrade, to pinpoint that down might be very difficult.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD random (more frequent with games), KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED - Similar Threads - BSOD random more

2. Random BSODs ntoskrnl.exe, More frequent on startup and heavy usage like gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSODs ntoskrnl.exe, More frequent on startup and heavy usage like gaming: Hi, I am using windows 11 have been facing this issue since past 10 months in my laptopAsus TUF A15 2021- FA506IC.Specs: Ryzen 7 4800HRTX 305016GB RAMWD SN570 500GB m.2 nvmeWhat I did?-Clean installed windows thrice-Updated all the drivers-Ran Windows Memory Diagnostic and...
  3. Random BSODs ntoskrnl.exe, More frequent on startup and heavy usage like gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSODs ntoskrnl.exe, More frequent on startup and heavy usage like gaming: Hi, I am using windows 11 have been facing this issue since past 10 months in my laptopAsus TUF A15 2021- FA506IC.Specs: Ryzen 7 4800HRTX 305016GB RAMWD SN570 500GB m.2 nvmeWhat I did?-Clean installed windows thrice-Updated all the drivers-Ran Windows Memory Diagnostic and...
  4. Random IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSODs: Hi, I am getting frequent from immediately after startup to couple days BSODs, usually with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED error codes.My setup is ASUS K501UW laptop i7-6500U, GTX 960M, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD + 750GB HDD with Dell D3100 dock station,...
  5. BSOD occurring more and more frequent

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD occurring more and more frequent: Good day, im trying to find out whats causing my BSOD when im using my pc but to no luck, i keep getting this irql_not_less_or_equal. then i tried to follow this link hoping to get some answers:...
  6. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED frequent restart

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED frequent restart: I'm running Windows 10, version 1909, installed on 5/7/2020, OS Build 18363.959 on an HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 790-00xx with an Inte Core i5-8400 CPU @2.80 Ghz. In the spring, it went on infinite loops with the BSOD, giving the KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. It got so bad...
  7. Computer Randomly gets BSOD (KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, and...

Computer Randomly gets BSOD (KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, and...: Hi all, My hp omen laptop keeps randomly blue screening and not giving me any info on whatever is causing it (there is no filename attatched to the bluescreen error, ever) and Windows Troubleshooter (for bluescreens) is useless... doesn't ever say anything is wrong, same...
  8. BSoD's - IQRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED and random freezing

BSoD's - IQRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED and random freezing: (I put this in drivers section on accident before) I keep getting BSoD's, mostly the two listed in the title. This has been happening for months, and it's getting on my nerves. It happens at least twice a day. I have updated/ rolled back every driver, tested every component...
  9. Frequent and random BSODs incl: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and more

Frequent and random BSODs incl: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and more: Hi, I upgraded my Windows 7 desktop to Win 10 (Home) version earlier this month - with no major glitches. Suddenly, after a recent Windows update, I started getting random BSODs (sometimes shortly after logging in and some during the login process): APC_INDEX_MISMATCH...
  10. Random BSOD kmode_exception_not_handled storport.sys

Random BSOD kmode_exception_not_handled storport.sys: got this BSOD 2-3 time now while playing different game and it seem to be random was not doing anything special while playing so i am kinda lost and there was couple days in between other BSOD but its same kmode_exception_not_handled storport.sys i only included the last dump...