Windows 10: BSOD - random ndis.sys error

Discus and support BSOD - random ndis.sys error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I hope someone can help me. Please forgive any mistakes I make in posting. I have been having BSOD happening several times lately. 161769 Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jurien, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Jurien Win User

BSOD - random ndis.sys error

Hello,
    I hope someone can help me. Please forgive any mistakes I make in posting.
    I have been having BSOD happening several times lately.

:)

Jurien, Aug 1, 2020
  2. anubisvic Win User

Random BSOD ndis.sys

Hi all,

Have been getting random BSOD caused by ndis.sys. Tried to find out whether it is caused by any driver but could not get to the root cause. Have attempted to upgrade BIOS, all manufacturer-provided drivers but still have no luck. Also have scanned system files and perform memory test for errors but nothing turned up.

Any help is super appreciated!

Log is attached.

anubisvic, Aug 1, 2020
  3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

4. Bonn84 Win User

Random BSOD errors

Background

• Whilst only bought recently, my laptop (Dell XPS 9560) has a history with random BSOD errors that tend to increase in frequency with time until the laptop becomes unusable.
    • The laptop was given a fresh format and installation recently.
    • Software installed – Installed Windows 10, Office, Winrar, Adobe Reader, Visual Studio 2015, SQL Server, Chrome, DropBox, Google Backup and Sync
    • Within two weeks it reverted to giving BSOD errors.
    Symptoms

• Random BSOD errors
      • Page fault in non-paged area (NTFS.sys)
      • IRQL not less than or equal
    • Backup and Sync crashes very regularly (no user friendly message, just googledrivesync.exe has stopped working)
    • Chrome crashes quite regularly (ah snap! message). This happened both before and after the format.
    • Windows Update fails
    Things I tried

• Uninstalling and re-installing Chrome and Backup & Sync
    • Downloaded and installed Dell Updates
      • Specifically a BIOS update (installed successfully)
    • Ran Dell Diagnostics (at boot time)
      • No issues found
    • Ran Dell SupportAssist Hardware Checkup
      • Succeeded
    • Windows Update
      • In Normal Mode: Message shows up indicating that the system is not up to date. Upon clicking Check for Updates, updates seem to download but then quit abruptly during installation. Same error indicating system is not up to date shows.
      • In Safe Mode: Upon clicking Check for Updates the Windows Update window closes abruptly.
    • sfc /scannow
      • In Normal Mode: Error at 3%: Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation
      • In Safe Mode: Ran successfully, no violations found
    • Chkdsk /f c:
      • Ran successfully
    • Windows Memory Diagnostic
      • Succeeded
    • MemTest86 (more advanced memory test)
      • Freezes mid-way (tried twice)
    • Ran Dell SupportAssist Drivers and Downloads
      • BIOS update
      • Network driver (Intel 8265) – Failed. Installed separately through device manager.
    • Step #9 seems to have solved some of the issues:
      • Windows update succeeded (#4)
      • Sfc /scannow succeeded in normal mode (#5)
      • BSOD errors persisted though (091317-8562-01.dmp occurred after the update)
    Thing I did not try

• Eliminating hardware (e.g., memory stick)
    • Running Driver verifier

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Bonn84, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

1. BSOD - random ndis.sys error - Similar Threads - BSOD random ndis

2. BSOD - qcwlan64.sys error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - qcwlan64.sys error: Dear Community,After reinstalling and fully updating windows 11 on a lenovo thinkpad laptop I get repeated and very frequent bsod errors with no stop number but reference to file qcwlan64.sys. I checked qualcom drivers via Windows Decice Manager but windows indicates most...
  3. BSOD - qcwlan64.sys error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD - qcwlan64.sys error: Dear Community,After reinstalling and fully updating windows 11 on a lenovo thinkpad laptop I get repeated and very frequent bsod errors with no stop number but reference to file qcwlan64.sys. I checked qualcom drivers via Windows Decice Manager but windows indicates most...
  4. rtwlane02.sys BSOD error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    rtwlane02.sys BSOD error: Hi. I was playing a game on my computer. However after a while my computer crashed. It was a bsod rtwlane02.sys failed. It also had PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error message too. I cant access my desktop to try and update my drivers. I have access to the cmd though. My...
  5. BSODs Due to Qcamain10x65.sys Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs Due to Qcamain10x65.sys Error: Hi, A week ago I posted a question regarding a similar problem. For a while, I was getting the driver_irql_not_less_or_equal error. After looking at the minidump files, I was told to update my Qualcomm Atheros Network card device driver. I tried this solution, but I started...
  6. BSOD playing Overwatch, error L1C63x64.sys

BSOD playing Overwatch, error L1C63x64.sys: Hi all, I have been experiencing this BSOD: Driver IRQL Not Less or Equal, L1C63x64.sys for a few months now. When it happens, it is only when I am in the middle of gaming (Overwatch). After some research, I see that there are many of the same problems with my ethernet...
  7. Random BSODs caused by cm11264.sys.

Random BSODs caused by cm11264.sys.: Hi, i recently started having issues with my computer crashing. I will provide the dump files. I've looked up what cm11264.sys was connected to and it was my pair of Sennheiser 363d. I have since then tried multiple driver versions, and now have switched to a different port....
  8. Random BSODs on Dell XPS 13 9350 (ntoskrnl, ntkrnlmp, ndis)

Random BSODs on Dell XPS 13 9350 (ntoskrnl, ntkrnlmp, ndis): Hello All, My XPS 13 9350 has been BSODing again after a few months of relative stability. I've ran memtest86, 20 runs without errors, chkdsk, sfc/scannow, and DISM scanhealth all returning without errors or integrity violations. I've also used Whocrashed to analyze...
  9. BSOD While Streaming, L1C63x64.sys Error

BSOD While Streaming, L1C63x64.sys Error: Lately whenever I stream I end up getting a Blue Screen am an hour or so in. I've narrowed it down to my qualcomm atheros ar8151 pci-e gigabit ethernet controller (ndis 6.30) Network Driver. I've updated it when Windows said I had the current drivers (of course) to ver....
  10. BSOD error igdkmd64.sys (5109aeb3)

BSOD error igdkmd64.sys (5109aeb3): Hello, please help me to solve this problem. DM Log Collector below 74093