Windows 10: BSOD random times. 0x1A Memory_Management

Discus and support BSOD random times. 0x1A Memory_Management in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Greetings! I have been plagued with a BSOD error since I did a major overhaul on my computer. I ran memtest86 and initially had about 2,500 errors... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BeerScout, Jun 9, 2017.

1. BeerScout Win User

BSOD random times. 0x1A Memory_Management

Greetings!

I have been plagued with a BSOD error since I did a major overhaul on my computer. I ran memtest86 and initially had about 2,500 errors within the first 4 tests. So, I stopped it and tried with just one stick and the test passed with 0 errors overnight. Following night I did the same with the other stick, zero errors. So, again I ran both sticks and have yet to reproduce any errors, even running overnight again. I am still plagued with these BSOD issues that seem to be random. By that I mean I can play a video game (Rising Storm 2) and not crash all day. Other times it will be within minutes. Sometimes I can browse the internet for hours and it won't crash, other times it crashes within minutes.

Speaking of which, I am also getting an " Aw Snap" error on Chrome shortly before the BSOD issue.

Anyways, the parts I changed where the motherboard, CPU, RAM, SSD. This was followed by a clean install of Windows 10.

Specs:
    Motherboard: Asus Prime z270-a
    CPU: Intel i7 7700k @4.2ghz
    RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 3000mhz 8gb x 2
    GPU: EVGA Gtx 970
    SSD: Samsung EVO 500GB
    HDD: 1TB, don't recall the name. Just for storage.
    PSU: 650W Gold Corsair

I used whocrashed to gather a bit of information and this is the information from it:

On Fri 6/9/2017 4:12:20 AM your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\060917-4171-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x16C310)
    Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x41792, 0xFFFF9EBFFD652040, 0x4, 0x0)
    Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
    This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Fri 6/9/2017 4:12:20 AM your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
    Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x41792, 0xFFFF9EBFFD652040, 0x4, 0x0)
    Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
    Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
    This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

I attached the file as per requested in the posting instructions.

Thank you for the help, let me know if there is anything else I can do!

:)

BeerScout, Jun 9, 2017
  2. Linney Win User

Multiple BSOD

Bug Check 0x1A: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

Bug Check 0x1A MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSODs, accompanied by occasional app crashes/GPUTDR.

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSODs, accompanied by occasional app crashes/GPUTDR. - [Solved] - Windows 7

The relevant Parameter appears to be 0x41284 which means, A PTE or the working set list is corrupted, which in itself means nothing to most of us poor Windows users. I still wonder if this is not just bad RAM?

Is it possible to remove one stick of RAM for testing purposes and then test all sticks one at a time (that's is you have multiple sticks of RAM, otherwise it is a daft suggestion on my part).

Linney, Jun 9, 2017
  3. Lots of BSOD's

PS: after my previous/last replie i had 3 more BSOD's:

seems like there are a lot of random once...

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT win32kbase.sys

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT ntoskrnl.exe

ntoskrnl.exe

florian de graef, Jun 9, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

In the event log there are approximately 31,000 entries and the vast majority of them are:
    Code: The BCM42RLY service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified.[/quote] The above event log entry makes it extremely difficult to search and find other problems within the event log as there are too many hits in the search results.

Code: It was not possible to access the device (\\?\swd#wpdbusenum#_??_usbstor#disk&ven_sandisk&prod_u3_cruzer_micro&rev_8.02#4530800759e36cfe&0#{53f56307-b6bf-11d0-94f2-00a0c91efb8b}#{10497b1b-ba51-44e5-8318-a65c837b6661}) after installing drivers. Error code 0x80070002.[/quote] Code: It was not possible to access the device (\\?\swd#wpdbusenum#_??_usbstor#disk&ven_sandisk&prod_u3_cruzer_micro&rev_8.02#4530800759e36cfe&0#{53f56307-b6bf-11d0-94f2-00a0c91efb8b}#{10497b1b-ba51-44e5-8318-a65c837b6661}) after installing drivers. Error code 0x80070002.[/quote]

Open device manager, expand network adapters. Right click on each row and uninstall any non-Microsoft drivers. Using the Asus web site, enter your computer product or serial number and find the the most up to date drivers to reinstall.

Locate any sandisk or cruzer drives on your PC. Uninstall and reinstall them.

Uninstall or Reinstall a Device

Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste these commands:
    1) sfc /scannow
    2) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    3) chkdsk /scan
    Please report the results of each into the forum.

Run memtest86+ version 5.01 for at least 8 runs. Plan to run it overnight.

zbook, Jun 9, 2017
  5. BeerScout Win User
    sfc / scannowv = Verification 100% complete.Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth = The restore operation completed successfully.The operation completed successfully.

chkdsk /scan =Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems.No further action is required. 463452159 KB total disk space. 80207628 KB in 228026 files. 167836 KB in 54657 indexes. 0 KB in bad sectors. 542983 KB in use by the system. 65536 KB occupied by the log file. 382533712 KB available on disk. 4096 bytes in each allocation unit. 115863039 total allocation units on disk. 95633428 allocation units available on disk.

Also, I ran into more BSOD. One of the issues is new, so I am attaching the new file in this post. (I also uninstalled and reinstalled a few drivers, so hopefully things are not as cluttered this time.)

061017-5875-01.dmp is the new crash that I haven't seen yet. The rest are the same crashes that have been occurring it seems.

Will run memtest86+ overnight and will post the results in the morning!

BeerScout, Jun 9, 2017
  6. BeerScout Win User
    Good morning!

Seems memtest is throwing errors again. Lots of them. Seemed to be working fine while I was nodding off. Woke up to 4,000,000+ errors. Took a picture and ran it again, within a minute I had 30,000 errors again. This is what happened initially when I tested the RAM.

I included a picture from both tests. The one overnight ran for about 6 hours. The quick one I did this morning, only about a minute.

BeerScout, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD random times. 0x1A Memory_Management - Similar Threads - BSOD random times

2. Semi-frequent BSOD MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 0x1A

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Semi-frequent BSOD MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 0x1A: Hello! I have been getting intermittent BSOD on Win 11 for some time now. I've tried clean install, and it is still happening. Fearing that it might be a hardware issue, but I'm not sure. Looking at the dump in windows debugger, it looks to me like either a bad memory stick...
  3. Semi-frequent BSOD MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 0x1A

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Semi-frequent BSOD MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 0x1A: Hello! I have been getting intermittent BSOD on Win 11 for some time now. I've tried clean install, and it is still happening. Fearing that it might be a hardware issue, but I'm not sure. Looking at the dump in windows debugger, it looks to me like either a bad memory stick...
  4. BSOD 0x1A Memory_Management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD 0x1A Memory_Management: I have been experiencing with a BSOD error since I did an upgrade to my computer spec.Sometimes I can browse the internet for hours and it won't crash, other times it crashes within minutes.Currently only using 1 stick and not 2 of 16gb sticks because using 2 cause the death...
  5. BSOD 0x1A Memory_Management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD 0x1A Memory_Management: I have been experiencing with a BSOD error since I did an upgrade to my computer spec.Sometimes I can browse the internet for hours and it won't crash, other times it crashes within minutes.Currently only using 1 stick and not 2 of 16gb sticks because using 2 cause the death...
  6. BSOD 0x1A Memory_Management

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Random BSOD MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD MEMORY_MANAGEMENT: So i am randomly having this BSOD problem since, more than a week it happened 4 time already, and i tried to do a chkds and a sfc, and also a memory test, but nothing seems to fix it, i tried also to scan for malwares but nothing is found.. please i need help...
  8. memory_management BSOD at random times

memory_management BSOD at random times: Hi! This is a newly built computer, it worked fine with a GT710, replaced it with an RX480 now it keeps throwing memory_management and other various BSOD upon bootup or during a clean windows installation. I can confirm the RX480 works on an Intel based system that passed...
  9. MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD - Random intervals

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD - Random intervals: Hi There, Started happening around 6 weeks ago, seems happen once a week. Only since I upgraded to Windows 10 so not sure if that is related or not? Kind Regards 61024
  10. Random BSODs (ntoskrnl,memory_management)

Random BSODs (ntoskrnl,memory_management): Hello, first timer here. Long story short, after i updated to windows 10 from 8.1 i started experiencing some randomly BSODs. So i downloaded the ISO and made a clean install.Immidiatelly after my newly formated pc i installed Avast,mozilla and Asrock's Suite to check for...