Windows 10: BSOD Randomly (but mostly while playing games)

Discus and support BSOD Randomly (but mostly while playing games) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey guys. After installing a new graphics card (msi gtx 1050 ti oc ) on my pc my pc started to make bleeping noises then freezing for a moment. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by euanhollidge, Dec 2, 2017.

1. BSOD Randomly (but mostly while playing games)

Hey guys. After installing a new graphics card (msi gtx 1050 ti oc ) on my pc my pc started to make bleeping noises then freezing for a moment. I noticed during this the hard drive was not doing anything (the led of in pc case). This started to get more and more frequent and start occuring a lot during gaming. Then today it started to bsod during gaming, recieving the memory management stopcode. Attached is the DMlog collector file. Can anyone help me make sense of what is causing this?

EUANS-PC-03-Dec-17_170157_28.zip

:)

euanhollidge, Dec 2, 2017

2. Computer freezing mostly while playing games

Well, try installing the latest cumulative update for Windows 10 1709 from Windows Update.

If that does not help:

I am going to recommend you downgrade to Windows 10 1703.

Step 1: download Windows 10 1703 from the following link:

https://tb.rg-adguard.net/index.php?sid=74a7cf5...

Step 2: create a bootable copy

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wik...

Step 3: perform a custom install

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki...

Andre Da Costa, Dec 2, 2017
  3. Computer freezing mostly while playing games

Did you try updating your AMD video card to see if it helps?

Which version of Windows 10 is currently installed? See how to verify:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wik...

Which version and edition Windows did you originally upgrade from?

Windows 7 Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Windows 8.0 Core, Windows 8.1 Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 8.0 Pro, Windows 8.1 Pro

Andre Da Costa, Dec 2, 2017
  4. Ztruker Win User

BSOD Randomly (but mostly while playing games)

Remove the new graphics card and put the old one back. Does the problem go away?

If yes then return the MSI card for a replacement.

Both dumps indicate the same problem:
    Code: BugCheck 1A, {3f, 5c138, 4775b652, 77978a47} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for fileinfo.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for fileinfo.sys *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( PAGE_HASH_ERRORS_INPAGE ) Several possible causes for this: Defective hard drive Defective RAM Defective Device Driver (most likely) Followup: MachineOwner --------- *** Memory manager detected 1 instance(s) of corrupted pagefilepage(s) while performing in-page operations.[/quote] Code: Event[540]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting Date: 2017-12-03T15:57:23.231 Event ID: 1001 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: Euans-PC Description: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001a (0x000000000000003f, 0x000000000005c138, 0x000000004775b652, 0x0000000077978a47). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 5cb0c24a-bcb4-4256-a3fe-b7361c48b247.[/quote] See if the full dump is in C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. If yes then please zip it and upload to a file sharing site like OneDrive then post a link to it here so I can download it to look at it. Don't know if it will have any more information in it then the small memory dump but worth looking at.

Ztruker, Dec 3, 2017
  5. Thanks for the reply, here's the dump. I've always had the full dump enabled so it's a big file

Link

euanhollidge, Dec 3, 2017
  6. I started the pc up without the new graphics card and same thing, bleeping, freezing and no hard drive activity. I went into the event viewer and there's a pile of errors. A lot of stuff to do with DistributedCOM and Service Control Management, but I think the most notable is that there is errors from the disk saying it's not ready for access. Is this something to do with the freezing or is this other stuff I need to add to my list of to fix?

euanhollidge, Dec 3, 2017
  7. Ztruker Win User
    I found 4 entries in the event log like this:

Event[11]:
    Log Name: System
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs
    Date: 2017-12-02T17:14:03.750
    Event ID: 98
    Task: N/A
    Level: Warning
    Opcode: Info
    Keyword: N/A
    User: S-1-5-18
    User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
    Computer: Euans-PC
    Description:
    Volume C: (\Device\HarddiskVolume2) requires an Online Scan. An Online Scan will automatically run as part of the next scheduled maintenance task. Alternatively you may run "CHKDSK /SCAN" locally via the command line, or run "REPAIR-VOLUME <drive:> -SCAN" locally or remotely via PowerShell.

One like this:
    Event[546]:
    Log Name: System
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs
    Date: 2017-12-03T15:59:54.120
    Event ID: 98
    Task: N/A
    Level: Warning
    Opcode: Info
    Keyword: N/A
    User: S-1-5-18
    User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
    Computer: Euans-PC
    Description:
    Volume ?? (\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy1) requires an Online Scan. An Online Scan will automatically run as part of the next scheduled maintenance task. Alternatively you may run "CHKDSK /SCAN" locally via the command line, or run "REPAIR-VOLUME <drive:> -SCAN" locally or remotely via PowerShell.

Something is definitely going on with one of your hard drives.

BSOD Randomly (but mostly while playing games) [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Test
    BSOD Randomly (but mostly while playing games) [​IMG]

HDD TEST

*Arrow Run HDTune to

• check the health,
    • scan for errors, not quick scan but full scan
    • run a benchmark.

You can also try the various options available with chkdsk.

The full dump also indicated a possible problem with the Nvidia driver. It's dated 27 Oct 2017. There is a newer one availabel on the Nvidia web site.

Remove and install latest Nvidia drivers:

I suggest completely uninstalling the Nvidia display drivers using Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) from WagnardMobile (near bottom of page) then get the latest driver for you Nvidia card here: NVIDIA Driver Downloads

Then do a custom install of only the NVidia graphics driver and the PhysX driver.

See if that gets rid of the problem.

Ztruker, Dec 3, 2017
  8. BSOD Randomly (but mostly while playing games)

So fun news, my hard drive decided to have a stroke. And in the process messing up all sorts of stuff. I'm currently running a hard drive recovery toll to recover as much of the stuff that I lost as possible. I live in the Netherlands and it's almost two here now, so needless to say I'm in for a fun night *Tongue anyways, thanks for your help mate. I think it was a driver issue because I haven't had any bleeping since the new windows install I just threw on it. Hopefully I'll have it fixed soon.

euanhollidge, Dec 4, 2017
  9. zbook New Member
    In case you are unable to boot there is a USB boot recovery that can be used to possibly save drive files.
    Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk - Windows 10 Forums
    Another option is to use a hard drive enclosure and transfer files to another computer.
    Once you have a working drive you may be able to make a backup image to be prepared for any unexpected problems:
    Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free

When it is possible please post a new zip:
    BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums

zbook, Dec 4, 2017
  10. Booting is now fine, it's just recovering the files I lost

euanhollidge, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD Randomly (but mostly while playing games)

1. BSOD Randomly (but mostly while playing games) - Similar Threads - BSOD Randomly mostly

2. Random BSOD's mostly while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD's mostly while gaming: I got a new kit of ram and bsod's did start. First of all i checked my ram with memtest x86 and the ram was fine. Then i thought it might be gpu, but stress test didnt prove it. I also noticed when I stress test cpu and fpu in aida i got bsod's after a few minutes, but...
  3. Random BSOD's mostly while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSOD's mostly while gaming: I got a new kit of ram and bsod's did start. First of all i checked my ram with memtest x86 and the ram was fine. Then i thought it might be gpu, but stress test didnt prove it. I also noticed when I stress test cpu and fpu in aida i got bsod's after a few minutes, but...
  4. Random freezes, BSOD while playing games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random freezes, BSOD while playing games: I don't know but I have been going through a very weird problem with my pc. Basically when I boot my pc in the morning , while playing games it crashes severely ,hangs, freeze sometimes BSOD or sometimes restarts by its own. On BSOD it gives message like video scheduler...
  5. BSOD Memory Management mostly while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Memory Management mostly while playing games: Split from this thread.Hi can you help me too i always experiencs bsod memory management mostly while playing Games. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001a 0x000000000000003f, 0x0000000000061c5e, 0x00000000b0f35efb, 0x0000000024549047. this...
  6. BSOD Memory Management mostly while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Memory Management mostly while playing games: Split from this thread.Hi can you help me too i always experiencs bsod memory management mostly while playing Games. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001a 0x000000000000003f, 0x0000000000061c5e, 0x00000000b0f35efb, 0x0000000024549047. this...
  7. BSOD Memory Management mostly while playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Been having BSOD mostly while playing games

Been having BSOD mostly while playing games: Hi Team, I've been having problem with my PC because of BSOD. Mostly it happens while playing games. There are some rare situations as well when I'm doing some work. Sometimes it's not just BSOD but my PC reboots on it's own on some rare situations. I already updated all my...
  9. BSOD at random times, most frequently while playing games

BSOD at random times, most frequently while playing games: Hello, I just build a new computer and I've been having some issues, random BSOD have appeared but it is more frequently while playing games. If any extra information is needed, please let me know. Thank's. 103735
  10. bsod most frequent playing games, but also randomly while doing nothin

bsod most frequent playing games, but also randomly while doing nothin: as title said, happens mostly playing PLayerunknwon battleground, also have issue that this game crashes alot. but it also happens when i do nothing just surf youtube etc. thanks in advance for your help. 95436