Windows 10: BSOD randomly. Various errors. Couldn't repair windows installation.

Discus and support BSOD randomly. Various errors. Couldn't repair windows installation. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer has been randomly freezing. Sometimes it will crash to a BSOD, sometimes it just becomes unresponsive and the HD working light next to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ooni, May 27, 2017.

1. Ooni Win User

BSOD randomly. Various errors. Couldn't repair windows installation.

My computer has been randomly freezing. Sometimes it will crash to a BSOD, sometimes it just becomes unresponsive and the HD working light next to the power button on my computer case stays constantly lit. I wasn't able to create a repair USB, so I made one from my husband's identically-constructed computer and attempted to repair my windows installation. Trying this seemed to anger my computer greatly, causing it to crash and give me many scary errors. (I realize this is vague, but it was several months ago and I had pretty much given up on fixing it until someone pointed me here.)

I really appreciate any help! Thanks for your time!

:)

2. BSOD AFTER USING DRIVER VERIFIER CONTINUOUS RESTART LOOP

This is exactly what I experienced after selecting the verifier tool. A continuous BSOD cycle and couldn't do anything other than get to BIOS. And the BSOD pointed to Verifier as the cause for the BSOD. I ended up booting with a Windows CD. When windows
    attempted to repair, it couldn't find a boot partition. I had to completely format my drive and start all over with clean install.

I will say the verifier tool is not very safe at all.

OldSchoolCoug, May 27, 2017
  3. IRQL_UNEXPECTED ERROR happening many times since installing windows 10 from windows 7

Windows 10 Installed fine, it will BSOD randomly (or so it seems).

Paulehutson, May 27, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

Using Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 10.0.15063.137 AMD64 the preliminary debugging report is:

BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff8014cbcc767, ffff80008191e848, ffff80008191e070}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
    Probably caused by : Wof.sys ( Wof!FileProvReadCompressedOnNewStack+2e8 )

Event[2705]:
    Log Name: System
    Source: Ntfs
    Date: 2017-02-14T20:56:06.729
    Event ID: 55
    Task: N/A
    Level: Error
    Opcode: Info
    Keyword: N/A
    User: S-1-5-18
    User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
    Computer: THE-POWER
    Description:
    A corruption was discovered in the file system structure on volume C:.

The exact nature of the corruption is unknown. The file system structures need to be scanned online.

Event[4153]:
    Date: 2017-02-18T10:17:39.407
    Description:

A corruption was found in a file system index structure. The file reference number is 0x9000000000009. The name of the file is "<unable to determine file name>". The corrupted index attribute is ":$SDH:$INDEX_ALLOCATION".

Event[4156]:
    Date: 2017-02-18T10:19:47.782
    Description:

A corruption was found in a file system index structure. The file reference number is 0x29000000029d88. The name of the file is "\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive". The corrupted index attribute is ":$I30:$INDEX_ALLOCATION".

Event[4161]:
    Date: 2017-02-18T10:27:28.562
    Description:

A corruption was found in a file system index structure. The file reference number is 0x1000000013516. The name of the file is "\Users\Nicole\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\CustomDestinations". The corrupted index attribute is ":$I30:$INDEX_ALLOCATION".

Event[4215]:
    Date: 2017-02-18T12:21:09.392
    Description:

A corruption was found in a file system index structure. The file reference number is 0x9000000000009. The name of the file is "<unable to determine file name>". The corrupted index attribute is ":$SDH:$INDEX_ALLOCATION".

Event[4217]:
    Date: 2017-02-18T12:21:21.416
    Description:

A corruption was found in a file system index structure. The file reference number is 0x29000000029d88. The name of the file is "\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive". The corrupted index attribute is ":$I30:$INDEX_ALLOCATION".

Event[4219]:
    Date: 2017-02-18T12:31:25.090
    Description:

The Master File Table (MFT) contains a corrupted file record. The file reference number is 0x12a0000000003c0. The name of the file is "\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound\storage\player\388e312267f5af180818aeb0b28993dc.shipworld".

Event[4240]:
    Date: 2017-02-18T12:33:21.364
    Description:

In event viewer there is a lot of corruption.

MAKE SURE THAT YOU BACK UP YOUR FILES as there is Master File Table (MFT) corruption and your computer at some time may fail to boot.

Perform the following steps:

Open administrative command prompt and run:

sfc /scannow

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Report the results for each scannow and restorehealth in the post.

Open administrative command prompt and run: chkdsk /scan

Right click on the top bar of the administrative command prompt box and click select all. Then right click again and select copy and then paste into the forum.

Plan to run administrative command prompt: chkdsk /x /f /r overnight as it may take many hours. It will require a Y and a reboot to start.
    When it completes open administrative command prompt and copy and paste this to see the results of the chkdsk run: get-winevent -FilterHashTable @{logname="Application"; id="1001"}| ?{$_.providername –match "wininit"} | fl timecreated, message | out-file Desktop\CHKDSKResults.txt

Download and install HD sentenial or Crystal Disk and test your hard drive. Post the images into the forum of the drive and the SMART data.

Hard Disk Sentinel - HDD health and temperature monitoring
    CrystalDiskInfo - Software - Crystal Dew World

In addition to one of the HD SMART tests download and install Seatools for Windows and test your HD in SMART, short and long generic:
    http://www.seagate.com/support/downl...ls-win-master/
    SeaTools | Seagate

zbook, May 27, 2017
  5. Ooni Win User
    Thank you for taking the time to look through this. I will do the things you recommended and report back.

Ooni, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD randomly. Various errors. Couldn't repair windows installation. - Similar Threads - BSOD randomly Various

2. BSODs with various errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSODs with various errors: Hi all, Last night I started experiencing BSODs with various error codes, detailed chronologically below. I had not made any changes to my system in recent times. sfc scannow, dism checks, and memtest came back clean. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3bAn exception happened while...
  3. BSODs with various errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSODs with various errors: Hi all, Last night I started experiencing BSODs with various error codes, detailed chronologically below. I had not made any changes to my system in recent times. sfc scannow, dism checks, and memtest came back clean. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3bAn exception happened while...
  4. BSODs with various errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Various BSOD's occuring randomly

Various BSOD's occuring randomly: Hi, I've bought brand new PC and started having random BSOD's while using PC or just when idling on desktop. I've tried to use Windows Memory Diagnostic, also ran commands /scannow and such in CMD because I read it in so many other topics regarding BSOD. I've had trouble...
  6. Various BSOD errors

Various BSOD errors: Hi There, I'm hoping someone can help me here, I'm being pestered by random BSOD errors including Reference by Pointer PFN List Corrupt System Service exception I am not overclocking to my knowledge anything on my PC. I've tested my RAM and my HDD, both had errors....
  7. Various BSOD errors

Various BSOD errors: Hello, I have a Latitude E5450 laptop running Windows 10 with the latest updates. Recently I have started getting the blue screen of death very often (several times a day) with various errors. I did all the hardware diagnostic possible (memtest, CPU, GPU,..), all were...
  8. Random BSODs - Various errors

Random BSODs - Various errors: Hello, I have a custom build PC built in July 2019, which up until 1 month ago was running fine. Since then I've been experiencing multiple BSOD crashes repeatedly. Problem; Random BSOD crashes. These can occur any time from playing games, to watching youtube, to leaving...
  9. Various BSOD errors in random activity

Various BSOD errors in random activity: Hello, So I'm having various BSOD in random time and doing, with different codes since my laptop was barley new until the present time. The only BSOD I figured out was LogMeIn Hamachi driver, so I uninstalled it, but BSOD's continue to happen, even though I formated my disk...
  10. BSOD on Windows 10 with various errors at random times

BSOD on Windows 10 with various errors at random times: I've been through the ringer on this one. For over a year my comp was running fine and then a little over ten days ago it BSOD and would not boot or even allow me to repair. I reinstalled Windows and starting getting random BSODs. I then performed about two days of...