Windows 10: BSOD randomly, VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR 0x113, GPU gone after restart

Discus and support BSOD randomly, VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR 0x113, GPU gone after restart in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, firstly let me get the specs out of the way. Computer: Dell Inspiron 7559 Laptop CPU:i5 6300HQ GPU: GTX960M, Intel HD 530 RAM:8GB It's a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by wewe1, Oct 8, 2016.

1. wewe1 Win User

BSOD randomly, VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR 0x113, GPU gone after restart

Hello, firstly let me get the specs out of the way.
    Computer: Dell Inspiron 7559 Laptop
    CPU:i5 6300HQ
    GPU: GTX960M, Intel HD 530
    RAM:8GB
    It's a crash that points at the Nvidia drivers, but I've already uninstalled it with DDU, and installed only the Graphics Driver, 3D Vision Driver, and PhysX, on version 372.70.

The restart after the crash, the Nvidia Drivers disappear, and my GPU is nowhere to be found. However, when I reboot it by pressing on the button the shutdown the computer and then start it again, it comes back.
    I don't know what triggers these BSODs, but it's affecting me a lot
    I don't know if it's related, but I experience sudden FPS in my games, mostly League of Legends
    I've been experiencing these crashes randomly throughout the time I've had it, and it's giving me anxiety.

Please help, thanks!
    Attachment 105056

:)

wewe1, Oct 8, 2016
  2. gblaskov Win User

Windows 10 VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR and VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR, as well as static in headphones

Hello all,

I purchased an ASUS GL553VE laptop less than two months ago. Right from week one I was getting VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR with random BSODs and restarts. Sometimes the system would work after a couple restarts, but then randomly fail when I had facebook
    and youtube open at the same time.

Fast forward, to today, I tried updating the nVidia driver from nVidia's website, and I started getting VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR messages and BSOD restarts. Except, these BSODS happen much more frequently than the others, and sometimes it even restarts
    before I have passed the login screen. So, I tried rolling back to previous driver in device manager, hoping it would help, but now I seem to have both issues.

Perhaps, I should post this in another thread, but I feel it may be related in some way, my speakers have no defects, but with analog headphones plugged in I get static/crackling it used to be sometimes, but now it is constant. It's a mic/heaphone combo
    jack, so a software prompt shows up every time something is plugged into the port, and sometimes the screen starts blinking and gets stuck before I get the BSODs mentioned above (with nothing else open).

Any help appreciated!

gblaskov, Oct 8, 2016
  3. "Fresh Start" Windows 10 - ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY error in windows 10

Good day anyone still reading this ...

I cloned back to 2016 and Windows 10 seemed stable for the last couple of days. Unfortunately, it was nagging me to upgrade to Windows 10 latest version, which I eventually relented to after I suffered a BSOD related to VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR ...

Now, the next day, I get the same BSOD error (ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY) ... I check Reliability Monitor and it says everything (drivers, windows updates, etc.) was updated yesterday.

I suspect it must be something to do with a driver and the latest build of Windows 10.

I have run a basic SMART report and basic test on my HDD and it seems 100%.

In my mind:

• Motherboard was swapped out, so can't be problem.
    • CPU is fine (even swapped it out when replaced motherboard)
    • GPU is fine (even swapped it out when replaced motherboard)
    • RAM swapped out still BSOD
    • HDD SMART isn't an issue
    • Windows 10 total reclone from out-of-box state seemed OK but now is BSOD after updating.
    It must be the Software, I can't think of anything else... will keep trying different combinations of GPU drivers now...

CSIR Bryan, Oct 8, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Check Dell for BIOS updates and install the drivers Dell provides using DDU for uninstalling.

5. wewe1 Win User
    I believe I'm on the latest BIOS, am I not?

And I'll do the DDU for my drivers when I get home. Thank you!

wewe1, Oct 11, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    Yes you're on the latest BIOS, I'm sometimes still confused with USA time format and my local time format even though my pc's time format is set to USA.

7. wewe1 Win User
    Do I do it for both the Intel, and the Nvidia drivers? Like DDU and reinstall both of them.

wewe1, Oct 12, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

DDU and the Nvidia drivers from Dell.

9. wewe1 Win User
    So just the Nvidia, not the Intel one.

wewe1, Oct 12, 2016
  10. axe0 New Member
    DDU and Nvidia driver from Dell only, NOT Intel.

Thema:

1. BSOD randomly, VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR 0x113, GPU gone after restart - Similar Threads - BSOD randomly VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

2. VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR once GPU is running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR once GPU is running: Hello,For several weeks now, once I launch a program which uses my GPU very much i.e. launching a resource-intensive game or a GPU stress test for instance, my PC restarts automatically after a few minutes / seconds. I join the WhoCrashed report below : the...
  3. VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR once GPU is running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR once GPU is running: Hello,For several weeks now, once I launch a program which uses my GPU very much i.e. launching a resource-intensive game or a GPU stress test for instance, my PC restarts automatically after a few minutes / seconds. I join the WhoCrashed report below : the...
  4. VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR after the NVIDIA GPU is activated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR after the NVIDIA GPU is activated: For the past month i've been struggling with an issue on my laptop, related to its GPU.Whenever my NVIDIA GPU is activated mostly while playing games it gives me a bsod telling VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR . I updated the driver , but still the problem persist. I stress tested...
  5. VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR after the NVIDIA GPU is activated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR after the NVIDIA GPU is activated: For the past month i've been struggling with an issue on my laptop, related to its GPU.Whenever my NVIDIA GPU is activated mostly while playing games it gives me a bsod telling VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR . I updated the driver , but still the problem persist. I stress tested...
  6. BSoD ( VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR )

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoD ( VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR ): Hi there, I've been facing this issue for the last several months where my laptop freezes up and crashes with that BSoD. It does not seem to be able to detect my GPU after the crash until I restart my laptop as well. I've also seen this ( nvdisplaycontainer.exe has crashed...
  7. Frequent BSOD with VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

Frequent BSOD with VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR: I've flat wiped my laptop already and the problem is still persisiting. It has an intel video adaptor and an Nvidia 1050 as well. Tried updating all drivers etc but still having no joy with it. The error from eventvwr is: Log Name: System Source:...
  8. VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR BSOD

VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR BSOD: Hi, I have posted some minidump files in this thread but they were not answered. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videodxgkrnlfatalerror-bsod/3fa21308-43cf-4a85-9dd2-24690306f1e2...
  9. VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR BSOD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR BSOD: Using Asus UX331UN, Windows 10 Home Crash with error VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR I attached the dumpfile below. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtkkSAO64sYMggTXoW1cosIWAYiq?e=bmMiZv...
  10. BSOD Error: VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR & DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE after updating to...

BSOD Error: VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR & DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE after updating to...: Hi Dear, I'm using "ASUS Vivobook 15 X542UN" Notebook. Previous Day i download windows 10 1809 from Microsoft website and clean install it. After That i download intel driver from intel official website according to my Notebook Processor...