Windows 10: BSOD: 'Recovery' operations are NEVER successful

Discus and support BSOD: 'Recovery' operations are NEVER successful in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I get periodic (varies between daily and once every 2 weeks) occasions where my PC (HP-23-B222EA as delivered with 2T WD HDD in place of Seagate 1T)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GraywallisBT, Sep 26, 2018.

1. BSOD: 'Recovery' operations are NEVER successful

I get periodic (varies between daily and once every 2 weeks) occasions where my PC (HP-23-B222EA as delivered with 2T WD HDD in place of Seagate 1T) freezes and produces a 'BSOD' with some sort of automatic recovery operation trying to recover the machine. I have tried the various other methods available through this recovery screen, including a DOS prompt and the only result from that indicate that the HDD is no longer available.

These 'Recovery' operations are NEVER successful and the only way out that I have discovered is to manually shut down and reboot. Sometimes this works but mostly I find that I have an unbootable HDD which has to be restored from an image recovery file made previously by Acronis True Image. Sometimes these images are up to a week out of date. Before recovery from the image I can sometimes view the HDD as a 'slave' using a USB HDD connection and it would appear that all my data and files are still there, it just won't boot.

I have replaced the HDD with the same results. I have run chkdsk on the drive once it's up and running again and there are no errors. I have run mdsched and the resulting event log said that all was in order. I have tried to update all the drivers to current. I am running MS Windows 10 V1803 OS build 17134.285.

The HDD currently installed is a WD 2T 'Green' (WD20EZRX-00D8PB0) although a WD 2T 'Blue' (WD20EZRZ00Z5HB0) has the same problems. The machine had been running pretty much faultlessly for some 4 years, ever since the 2T HDD was installed until sometime this spring. This replacement of the Seagate 1T HDD gave a substantial increase in PC speed.

How can I solve this?

:)

GraywallisBT, Sep 26, 2018
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

3. yogurt_21 Win User
    Data recovery software

The Big Useful List Of Free Useful Programs To Use Usually For Free

click the top spoiler and then look down to recovery.

All of the suggestions in the old threads were consolidated into that one.

yogurt_21, May 27, 2020
  4. zbook Win User

BSOD: 'Recovery' operations are NEVER successful

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, May 27, 2020
Thema:

BSOD: 'Recovery' operations are NEVER successful

1. BSOD: 'Recovery' operations are NEVER successful - Similar Threads - BSOD 'Recovery' operations

2. Windows Backup Error 0x800700E1, Operation Did Not Complete Successfully

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Backup Error 0x800700E1, Operation Did Not Complete Successfully: Running win10 all updates incl bios. Backup Win7 finds trojan that MS virus protection AND Malwarebytes does not find after cleaning all Win10 Accts incl admin. Have run DISM restorehealth & scannow. . .seldom finds anything. Keeps coming back as a powershell. Tried clean...
  3. Windows Backup Error 0x800700E1, Operation Did Not Complete Successfully

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Backup Error 0x800700E1, Operation Did Not Complete Successfully: Running win10 all updates incl bios. Backup Win7 finds trojan that MS virus protection AND Malwarebytes does not find after cleaning all Win10 Accts incl admin. Have run DISM restorehealth & scannow. . .seldom finds anything. Keeps coming back as a powershell. Tried clean...
  4. Windows Backup Error 0x800700E1, Operation Did Not Complete Successfully

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Three BSOD in quick succession

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Three BSOD in quick succession: Windows 10 pro 64 bit Today within a hour had three bsod's happened 1.Kernel Security check failure 2.SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3.PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA system updates are current.. V2LOG and system info attached. Request guidance please. 177151
  6. Multiple different BSOD in short succession

Multiple different BSOD in short succession: Here is the link to my Minidumps in OneDrive https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsKlGw1mXGMshFT5PZUvyOZ6yiZH?e=YuXnTY Any and all help would be appreciated. This has to be short due to crashing, but I will access this thread from another computer to reply in more detail. Thanks....
  7. Never ending BSoDs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Never ending BSoDs: Hi guys, so yesterday morning I went to work on my Surface Pro 3 and I found it dead. No big deal, this happens a lot so I plugged it back in and let it charge up and turn on. When I turned it back on it started to update. I believe the update finished because my lock screen...
  8. i will never understand this operating system

i will never understand this operating system: i am in a folder. everything is in large thumbnails. I copy, actually I hit ctrl + x so I cut. the file dims out so the cut worked. I go to another folder, hit ctrl + v, nothing happened, click win key + v, says clipboard empty. Nice. I go back to the orginal folder and now...
  9. Operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus

in Windows 10 News
    Operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you activate files which contain viruses, they will infect the system. Thus, most anti-virus programs including Windows Defender wouldn’t allow opening a file or executing any associated program if they suspect the file/program could trigger a virus...
  10. Updates require restart - and they never show successful!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updates require restart - and they never show successful!: Yesterday I had my first successful windows update (KB4023057 - Update for Windows 10 Version 1803) since mid-August when I reinstalled WIndows 10. Most updates since then all show "Requires a restart" and they never complete. However, this KB4023057 seems to indicate that...