Windows 10: BSOD Reference By Pointer..

Discus and support BSOD Reference By Pointer.. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am having trouble fixing the 0000000018 error. the minidump says an error with the ntoskrnl.driver occurred. any suggestions?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JohnBrantuas, Jun 7, 2021.

1. BSOD Reference By Pointer..

I am having trouble fixing the 0000000018 error. the minidump says an error with the ntoskrnl.driver occurred. any suggestions?

:)

JohnBrantuas, Jun 7, 2021
  2. nereus7 Win User

BSOD "Reference By Pointer" - Minidump File

Hello, I recently built a new PC (with the exception of an older GPU which I kept from my older machine). It's run pretty smoothly for the first couple weeks, but recently gave a BSOD with the error "Reference By Pointer".

I found
    this thread
    which talked about potential memory issues, so I ran the Windows 10 Memory Diagnostics Tool and it found no errors. That same thread had a lot of people suggesting the OP upload the minidump file, so I did that too.

You can download the minidump file here.

Here's my Dxdiag as well, in case that helps.

A few of my PC parts can only be returned for another week or so, so any information you could provide to help me track down if any parts are busted and should be returned would be really appreciated.

Thanks, and let me know if I can provide any other info to help.

nereus7, Jun 7, 2021
  3. ArvindhM Win User
    Error Caused by Reference by pointer

My PC is a Gaming PC , I play approx for like 3 to 4 hrs during the weekends. Recently , my laptop shows this BSOD due to Reference by pointer ,i wanna know the reason why this happens , it has happened for 4 to 5 times in the last two months . my laptop
    is 15 months old .

it has 16gb DDR4 ram , intel corei7 7th gen , windows 10 64 bit, nvidia GTX 1070 8gb graphic card . please let me know the reason for this BSOD.

ArvindhM, Jun 7, 2021
  4. BSOD Reference By Pointer..

Error Caused by Reference by pointer

which game is blowing up?

HARDCORE GAMES™, Jun 7, 2021
Thema:

BSOD Reference By Pointer..

1. BSOD Reference By Pointer.. - Similar Threads - BSOD Reference Pointer

2. BSOD REFERENCE BY POINTER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD REFERENCE BY POINTER: Hello, I am experiencing a BSOD with the error REFERENCE BY POINTER. I have installed newest Win10 version and I have checked memory and disk drive for issues, with no result, Also I have updated drivers and BIOS. BSOD keeps up appearing again and again. What else could I do?...
  3. BSOD Reference by Pointer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Reference by Pointer: Hello, I've been having a recent issue of my computer automatically getting a BSOD Reference by Pointer after being on for a while. I'm not sure how to proceed forward. Is there anything I need to download or check?...
  4. BSOD Reference by Pointer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Reference by Pointer: Hello, I've been having a recent issue of my computer automatically getting a BSOD Reference by Pointer after being on for a while. I'm not sure how to proceed forward. Is there anything I need to download or check?...
  5. Reference by pointer BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reference by pointer BSOD: I had a multiple Reference by pointer BSODs. Today, it happened to me for more than 5 times, The Error usually occurs after 20-40 minutes. And here are the things I did to try to fix the problem > DISM Command, Chkdsk, Sfc /Scannow, Updating outdated drivers, restarting,...
  6. BSOD Reference Pointer

BSOD Reference Pointer: So recently I've had the BSOD appear about 8 times over the past 12 hours or so and after reading through many other posts I still haven't gotten to the bottom of the crashes, and things like the event viewer didn't shed much light on the issue, what's more confusing is that...
  7. BSOD Reference Pointer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Reference Pointer: So recently I've had the BSOD appear about 8 times over the past 12 hours or so and after reading through many other posts I still haven't gotten to the bottom of the crashes, and things like the event viewer didn't shed much light on the issue, what's more confusing is that...
  8. BSOD - Reference by pointer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - Reference by pointer: I am consistently getting the BSOD with the stop code `REFERENCE_BY_POINTER`. My laptop seems to crash while using various applications. This was happening before a recent MS update but has persisted since. It tends to happen within 5-10 minutes of the laptop starting but...
  9. BSOD Reference by Pointer

BSOD Reference by Pointer: I am consistently getting some BSOD with the stop code in the title. Matters got worst in the last few days, with the crash happening ~30 minutes after turning the laptop on.Here's the most recent minidump file, analyzed with...
  10. BSOD reference by pointer

BSOD reference by pointer: Hello, I have started getting this BSOD quite frequently over the last few days. I googled the issue and tried some of the suggested fixes but as yet it has not stopped. Is there a way to figure out what exactly is causing the problem?thanks in advance....