Windows 10: BSoD REFERENCE_BY_POINTER & SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

Discus and support BSoD REFERENCE_BY_POINTER & SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, Recently I've been getting quite a lot of bluescreens while playing games and it has become quite a problem for me. Since I'm not really... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by empathicc, Jan 2, 2020.

1. empathicc Win User

BSoD REFERENCE_BY_POINTER & SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

Hello,
    Recently I've been getting quite a lot of bluescreens while playing games and it has become quite a problem for me. Since I'm not really experienced with software issues, I'd like to ask for help with this one.

Basically while playing a game it will freeze from time to time and stutter until a certain point where i reach a bluescreen. I've used BlueScreenView to see what's causing the issue and I've gathered information about these 4 BSoD's:

1st - REFERENCE_BY_POINTER caused by driver: ntoskrnl.exe bug check code 0x00000018

2nd - SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION caused by driver: ntoskrnl.exeand dxgkrnl.sys 0x0000003b

3rd - SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION caused by driver: ntoskrnl.exeand win32kfull.sys 0x0000003b

4th - REFERENCE_BY_POINTER caused by driver: ntoskrnl.exe 0x00000018

If there is a need of sending the dumps, please tell me and i will try my best to deliver them.

My question is, is there any solution to the following bluescreens?

Thank you in advance.

:)

empathicc, Jan 2, 2020
  2. Rodgers74 Win User

BSOD: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

Have been receiving a BSOD and I am hoping to get it solved. The error was stated as: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION. I have completed the steps in the "Driver
    Verification: BSOD
    " article. The link to the files is below:

http://1drv.ms/1ThiztX

Files Contained:

• .dmp (x2
    • MSinfo
    • Speccy System Specs
    Hopefully this can be easily resolved! Thanks for your time.

Rodgers74, Jan 2, 2020
  3. Reference_By_Pointer

So far none of the suggestions work or are irrelevant to Windows 10 (latest updates included).

Though plagued by frequent (+/- every 3 days) blue screen crashes (BSOD) with the error PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA and to date none of the suggested fixes able to overcome the problem, I assume that it is insurmountable for Microsoft and will thus just
    have to wait ...

Now and since the latest upgrade/updates were installed, we have begun being hit by BSOD Error REFERENCE_BY_POINTER. None of the attempted solutions here or anywhere else have worked. We have

twice crashed in three hours while working.

This is happening on Dell Inspiron 3537 with 8GB RAM. No new hardware has been added. Is there a solution for this yet or will we have to simply grin and bear it as we have to with the nonpaged area error?

Llewellyn

LlewellynKriel, Jan 2, 2020
  4. Rudolfos0 Win User

BSOD while gaming SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION win32kbase.sys & ntoskrnl.exe windows 10

I have similar BSODs, I also have NVIDIA card and Intel i7 4700MQ

• SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (HTTP.sys+cdfed)
    • Kernel_Security_Check_failure (NTFS.sys+19a95)
    • SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (win32kbase.sys+4d8be)
    • DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (L1C63x64.sys+6cb3)
    • SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (win32kbase.sys+4d8be)

Windows 10 BSOD - SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (win32kbase.sys+4d8be)

Rudolfos0, Jan 2, 2020
Thema:

1. BSoD REFERENCE_BY_POINTER & SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION - Similar Threads - BSoD REFERENCE_BY_POINTER SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

2. recurrent Reference_By_Pointer BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    recurrent Reference_By_Pointer BSOD: Hi,I'm having recurring BSOD since months, now becoming more frequent. I did not installed new software or hardware in this period. Tried to give a look to minidum files with DbgPreview but I didn't succeed to sort out the problem.So I kindly ask someone to help.Lenovo...
  3. BSOD REFERENCE_BY_POINTER 18

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD REFERENCE_BY_POINTER 18: I've been getting somewhat frequent BSOD errors over the past week or so and I couldn't figure out how to fix it on my own. Sometimes this error happens within several minutes of closing a video game or sometimes it happens when I haven't even opened a video game that day....
  4. BSOD REFERENCE_BY_POINTER 18

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD REFERENCE_BY_POINTER 18: I've been getting somewhat frequent BSOD errors over the past week or so and I couldn't figure out how to fix it on my own. Sometimes this error happens within several minutes of closing a video game or sometimes it happens when I haven't even opened a video game that day....
  5. BSOD reference_by_pointer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD reference_by_pointer: My Dell XPS 13 9380 has blue screened about 6 times now, i have an exam on wednesday and i really need some help.i have a folder containing the DMP files and MSinfo output.https://1drv.ms/u/s!AovuQEIc9cWBz2fMLDDqyd6jlZHu?e=ZQY9VSi think anyone can see that now so also let me...
  6. BSOD reference_by_pointer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD reference_by_pointer: My Dell XPS 13 9380 has blue screened about 6 times now, i have an exam on wednesday and i really need some help.i have a folder containing the DMP files and MSinfo output.https://1drv.ms/u/s!AovuQEIc9cWBz2fMLDDqyd6jlZHu?e=ZQY9VSi think anyone can see that now so also let me...
  7. BSOD reference_by_pointer

8. BSOD "REFERENCE_BY_POINTER"

BSOD "REFERENCE_BY_POINTER": I've been getting some "REFERENCE_BY_POINTER" BSOD when shutting down/restarting the computer, but other times more rarely it happened randomly.I downloaded "Windbg Preview" to analyze the memory dump and this is the result of the analysis:kd> !analyze...
  9. REFERENCE_BY_POINTER BSOD

REFERENCE_BY_POINTER BSOD: Hello, I recently started encountering a "REFERENCE_BY_POINTER" BSOD after the last Windows 10 update. It happens randomly and I haven't changed any programs on my system so I do not know what the cause would be. I have uploaded both MSInfo and the DMP from the most recent...
  10. Bsod system_service_exception

Bsod system_service_exception: Hello there, I have just installed Windows 10 and this is happening very often: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION After googling about this I came to this forum. I followed this instructions ( but I don't know where to look for help. This is the link for my dump files...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pointer exception bsod