Windows 10: BSOD Related to ntoskernel.exe and IRQL 0xA Error

Discus and support BSOD Related to ntoskernel.exe and IRQL 0xA Error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey all, I've been experiencing issues with the IRQL Not Equal BSOD for a while now and have tried a myriad of fixes to my hardware but none have done... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GalFieri, Oct 6, 2019.

1. GalFieri Win User

BSOD Related to ntoskernel.exe and IRQL 0xA Error

Hey all, I've been experiencing issues with the IRQL Not Equal BSOD for a while now and have tried a myriad of fixes to my hardware but none have done the trick. It's most likely a driver or hardware issue and I was wondering if anyone else could help me narrow this down. Replaced my motherboard when I thought that a faulty Wireless Adapter may have been the issue, then replaced my SSD when that began to fail. I've also installed new RAM to the system for quality of life but also to try and narrow down any hardware issue it may be. Updated several drivers but don't know if there's an issue. Ran Verifier to check the rest of the drivers on my last reboot. Providing my last three minidumps, my specs and my OS Info. Can also post spec info in a reply if requested for ease of access for y'all. This tends to occur when gaming but will happen on certain other instances as well, such as heavy startup boots I've experimented with.

Dumps: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgexyyqkWdtbkEfzT7YH8GwwCMAU?e=XyRQCg

OS Info: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgexyyqkWdtbkEjzGqXEIeU2sAJN?e=WhKGJn

Specs (checked using Speccy): https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgexyyqkWdtbkEnTYaFIjV7LSAp-?e=5WUPfd

:)

GalFieri, Oct 6, 2019
  2. Paulieg Win User

BSOD error messages, assumed to be from overclocking.

The Stop 0xA message indicates that a kernel-mode process or driver attempted to access a memory location to which it did not have permission, or at a kernel interrupt request level (IRQL) that was too high. A kernel-mode process can access only other processes that have an IRQL lower than, or equal to, its own. This Stop message is typically due to faulty or incompatible hardware or software.

Possible Resolutions:

A Stop 0xA message might occur after installing a faulty device driver, system service, or firmware. If a Stop message lists a driver by name, disable, remove, or roll back the driver to correct the problem. If disabling or removing drivers resolves the issues, contact the manufacturer about a possible update.

A Stop 0xA message might also be due to failing or defective hardware. If a Stop message points to a category of devices (video or disk adapters, for example), try removing or replacing the hardware to determine if it is causing the problem.

Paulieg, Oct 6, 2019
  3. Bsod from ntoskrnl.exe

Hello Steven,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums. We are glad to assist you.

The ntoskrnl.exe BSOD is usually related to memory, possibly caused by a faulty driver. It is suggested that you run the following memory test to verify your memory
    and find out which driver is causing the problem.

Please provide some additional information, so that we can assist you better.

1. What is the make and model number of your computer?
    2. Does the computer boot to the desktop?

However, I would suggest you to follow below mentioned steps:

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA can occur after the installation of faulty hardware or in the event of failure of installed hardware (usually related to defective RAM.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at an invalid address while at a raised interrupt request level (IRQL).

Method 1:

You may refer Microsoft article related to PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA and IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL:

Bug Check 0x50 PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA - Windows drivers

Bug Check 0xA IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - Windows drivers

Method 2:

You may refer Microsoft article related to blue screen errors:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14238/windows-10-troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope it helps.

Harish

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Harish_kum, Oct 6, 2019
  4. BSOD Related to ntoskernel.exe and IRQL 0xA Error

IRQL bsod back again? >.<

Could be a driver issue, I kept getting BSODs saying IRQL not less or equal then I removed an app called DSLMON.exe and it went away *Smile BSOD Related to ntoskernel.exe and IRQL 0xA Error :)

oli_ramsay, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

BSOD Related to ntoskernel.exe and IRQL 0xA Error

1. BSOD Related to ntoskernel.exe and IRQL 0xA Error - Similar Threads - BSOD Related ntoskernel

2. Exe related

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exe related: Can you tell me what is ztool.exe and will it harm my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exe-related/4b13d815-837c-4637-b54d-284885fb62ee
  3. Exe related

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Exe related: Can you tell me what is ztool.exe and will it harm my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exe-related/4b13d815-837c-4637-b54d-284885fb62ee
  4. bsod ntoskernel ayuda!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bsod ntoskernel ayuda!!!: Hace 2 meses arme mi pc y desde que empecé a usar Microsoft me dio estos errores ntoskrnl.exe junto con pantallazos azules tales como IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - APC_INDEX_MISMATCH - REFERENCE_BY_POINTER etc. intente de todo para arreglarlo, desde instalar drivers, reinstalar...
  5. bsod ntoskernel ayuda!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bsod ntoskernel ayuda!!!: Hace 2 meses arme mi pc y desde que empecé a usar Microsoft me dio estos errores ntoskrnl.exe junto con pantallazos azules tales como IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - APC_INDEX_MISMATCH - REFERENCE_BY_POINTER etc. intente de todo para arreglarlo, desde instalar drivers, reinstalar...
  6. bsod ntoskernel ayuda!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Ntoskernel exe blue screen of death

Ntoskernel exe blue screen of death: Hello guys, i bought a new pc few days ago today i got a bsod only once so far but i am afraid it may be repeated i downloaded bluescreen view i found the crash address to be ntoskrnl.exe+3f5e40here is a screenshot of the bsod dmp fileand here is a link of the dmp file in...
  8. BSOD IRQL not less or equal and ntoskernel

BSOD IRQL not less or equal and ntoskernel: I have been having blue screen of deaths for a while even after updating all of my drivers and checking for any viruses and rolling back some drivers. This fixed most of this issues but this one blue screen error still haunts me. I have linked my minidump files below and also...
  9. IRQL, System Service Exception, ntoskernel - Various BSOD

IRQL, System Service Exception, ntoskernel - Various BSOD: Just reformatted to try and escape the blue screens but still they find me. Please bear with me as I'm a verified idiot. -Version 1909 (18363.592) - - - Updated - - - Had another crash so I ran V2 again: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED dxgmms2.sys nvlddmkm+0xA7DC0 148779
  10. BSOD related to IRQL and nvlddmkm.sys

BSOD related to IRQL and nvlddmkm.sys: Hi, my pc crashes in BSOD really randomly at the moment. Does not matter when playing or Idle... Here's the auto generated memory.dmp and also generated .zip of my pc. Memory #1 https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ao8MnILpKXDigYBUryZj8Vi0kGg5mw Memory #2...