Windows 10: BSOD repeatedly after new 1Tb SSD

Discus and support BSOD repeatedly after new 1Tb SSD in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I swapped out HDD for a 1Tb SSD. Tried 2 different manufacturers. BSOD repeatedly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JoorgeOrg, Mar 15, 2020.

1. JoorgeOrg Win User

BSOD repeatedly after new 1Tb SSD

I swapped out HDD for a 1Tb SSD. Tried 2 different manufacturers. BSOD repeatedly

:)

JoorgeOrg, Mar 15, 2020
  2. davnav Win User

new pc 1tb hdd to ssd clone advice needed

Ive just bought a brand new lenovo pc which has windows 10 home 64bit and has a 1tb hard drive fitted, im looking for advice on the following.

Ive fitted the ssd into the pc but its not shown up so need step by step guide on how to make it active ?

Next I need help on how to clone the 1tb hdd to the
    Ssd drive, step by step and best software to use and have the ssd as the main drive then use the the 1hdd for storage.I just dont want to break my new system
    Thanks for your time.

davnav, Mar 15, 2020
  3. xpac5896 Win User
    Transfer OS from 512 to 1tb SSD

I'm in the process of building a new rig. I would like to transfer the OS from my current 512 SSD to a 1tb SSD. My Os is already linked to my MS account and I printed out the steps about using the troubleshooter after a significant hardware change. The Question is: Can I clone the 512 to the 1tb or does it require a clean install? OS is Win 10 Pro.

xpac5896, Mar 15, 2020
  4. X-PhilS Win User

Z Book BSOD with Second SSD Drive

Hi all

I have an issue with an HP Z Book. It is a new Generation 6 device and came with a pre-installed second SSD drive.

All worked fine until I tried to put our corporate image onto the primary OS SSD.

Firstly, the new OS installed onto the secondary SSD rather than the primary.

So I disconnected/removed the secondary, recreated the partition on the primary and loaded our stock OS.

The machine now works absolutely fine, as long as I do not try to re-introduce the second SSD drive.

If I reinstall this, the machine boots up OK for a second or two and then BSOD's.

Can anyone suggest the reason for this issue - the BSOD message reported a kernel error.

Any ideas on steps to take to resolve this?

Thanks

Phil

X-PhilS, Mar 15, 2020
Thema:

1. BSOD repeatedly after new 1Tb SSD - Similar Threads - BSOD repeatedly 1Tb

2. BSOD’s after installing new SSD?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD’s after installing new SSD?: Hello!I recently installed a new SSD into my Desktop PC due to my original boot SSD running low on storage and now it only boots up to a BSOD.Stop code: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFOIt ran perfectly fine for the first week or so, but now it simply won’t let me into my PC.I unplugged...
  3. Move 1tb SSD to new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Move 1tb SSD to new computer: I have a 2011 Dell Lattitude E6520. now 10 years old A year ago, I cloned the hard drive, and installed a Samsung 1TB SSD in it. The OS is windows 10 professional 64bit. Everything works fine. I have microsoft 365 installed on it, and Microsoft Office 2010. I use outlook...
  4. 1tb ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    1tb ssd: I have bought A 1TB SSD recently for my custom pc and I put it in and i see it only says 478gb and drive C i have been trying to find the other drives and find out where my other half went did anyone have this? and if you had fixed it can you tell me how?...
  5. BSOD after New ssd installation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD after New ssd installation: Hi Guys. I have an inspiron 5578 laptop from dell. Its hdd had 448 bad sectors, so i decided to install a 2.5 inch sata ssdcrucial mx500 in its place. I've tried installing fresh os, oem image, resetting from recovery drive, but no matter how i install it, i end up getting...
  6. New 1TB SSD Not Recognized for some reason

New 1TB SSD Not Recognized for some reason: Hello All Well i tried port 3 at first, and System does not recognize the new 1TB SSD I purchased, Samsung 860 Evo 1tb, Welcome any advice or suggestions prior to shutting down and trying again, can't see that well the actually power supply connections due to all the wires...
  7. Partitions or new "drives" on at 1TB NVMe SSD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Partitions or new "drives" on at 1TB NVMe SSD?: Windows 10 V2004 Transferring from an older PC to a new computer that has a 1TB SSD. Windows 10 is installed on new PC. Can I (should I) create partitions or artificial "drive" letters or just folders to divide up the space for transfers? 166327
  8. Repeating BSOD after new graphics card

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Repeating BSOD after new graphics card: I recently got the NVIDIA Geforce RTX 2080 Super but it seems to be messing up my pc. I keep getting BSOD at random points with different error messages. Minidumps: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Anb0Wr8UfRTHgf9OABho_Pw-Zu5dTw?e=jfJdt0 I can't reset my PC completely without getting...
  9. 500GB SSD to 1TB SSD

500GB SSD to 1TB SSD: I have a 500GB SSD working in my laptop. I have a 1TB SSD in an external case. I have used EaseUS to clone them However, now my 1TB is 500GB. How do I reclaim the other 500GB? 161362
  10. 500GB SSD to 1TB SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    500GB SSD to 1TB SSD: I have a 500GB SSD working in my laptop. I have a 1TB SSD in an external case. I have used EaseUS to clone them However, now my 1TB is 500GB. How do I reclaim the other 500GB? 161362