Windows 10: BSoD restarts with black screen and Boot failed

Discus and support BSoD restarts with black screen and Boot failed in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Guys,I have been struggling with BSoD WHEA error but now it started restarting to a black screen with no on-screen options/dialog. Last option is to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tarun_N, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Tarun_N Win User

BSoD restarts with black screen and Boot failed

Hi Guys,I have been struggling with BSoD WHEA error but now it started restarting to a black screen with no on-screen options/dialog. Last option is to do hard shutdown by pressing power button but there starts another issue.Once I start back by pressing power button, it shows black screen with message as "Checking media....." and then boot failure message. Then it goes to boot menu and there is no option available of Harddrive/SSD.So I have to shut it off and keep it unused for sometime. And once it is cooled down, it starts normally with windows loading.Any idea whats happening?TIA.

:)

Tarun_N, Jun 4, 2021
  2. jds63 Win User

Black Screen after Log on

So this is not a BSOD ? Have a Windows 10 disc or USB Flash Drive made ? How are you getting to task manager Ctrl.+Alt+Del ? Any cursor on screen ?

jds63, Jun 4, 2021
  3. windows not booting, black screen yet safemode works

Hi Andrew,

I suggest you to force restart the computer and check whether you can boot into the computer or not.

Also I suggest you to follow the steps form the below article for
    “Black Screen”
    issues and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Jun 4, 2021
  4. zplugger Win User

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Jun 4, 2021
Thema:

1. BSoD restarts with black screen and Boot failed - Similar Threads - BSoD restarts black

2. PC Randomly Black Screens and Restarts with no BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Randomly Black Screens and Restarts with no BSOD: Ever since I got my PC, I've been having this issue where my PC can sometimes randomly go to a black screen and automatically restart almost immediately after.These restarts can happen at any random moment, and with no regularity, one day I'll get 3-4 restarts, and then no...
  3. PC Randomly Black Screens and Restarts with no BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Randomly Black Screens and Restarts with no BSOD: Ever since I got my PC, I've been having this issue where my PC can sometimes randomly go to a black screen and automatically restart almost immediately after.These restarts can happen at any random moment, and with no regularity, one day I'll get 3-4 restarts, and then no...
  4. PC Randomly Black Screens and Restarts with no BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Black Screen on Restart but normal boot on reset button

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black Screen on Restart but normal boot on reset button: This is a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro on a brand new MSI Tomahawk B450 MAX with a brand new Ryzen 5 3600.During Windows install, the computer would restart normally. Now that install is complete, Windows just restarts to a black screen no signal detected and the LED on...
  6. Black screen on boot every restart

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen on boot every restart: Hello my friends, I first posted about this here almost 4 months ago. This issue has persisted, and it is driving me up the freaking wall. I have done countless windows reinstalls and bought new ram, as suggested by a comment from the last thread. I also bought a new SSD,...
  7. Black screen at restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen at restart: Since installing the cumulative update for version 1903 on 08-14-19, my system gives me nothing but black screen at every restart. I finally got my desktop back after spending half my workday going through the arduous process of trying to get to the safe mode options, but it...
  8. Black screen on boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen on boot: When I try to boot up my pc, it goes straight to a black screen, no display whatsoever. I've tried restarting it 3 times in a row. The closest I've got was mashing F12 which gave me a few beeps then nothing. What else can I do?...
  9. Windows 10 failing to boot into Windows (Black Screen).

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 failing to boot into Windows (Black Screen).: I have a problem with my Windows 10 system. Previously I did the free upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and everything worked fine for several months, until now, the system will not boot into windows and on boot up I am presented with a black screen and a flashing cursor...
  10. Restart during boot (black screen before normal boot)

in Windows 10 Support
    Restart during boot (black screen before normal boot): Good afternoon, Since couple of days my desktop PC has a problem that does not compromise its use but rather annoying When I press the button to turn it on it immediately restarts showing a black screen and after this reboot it starts booting up windows quickly and without...