Windows 10: BSOD root causes

Discus and support BSOD root causes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Memory dump here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bYN284L619R0-j5t7UTbkyyZx5P2m2t6/view?usp=sharing I'm seeing my computer crash when returning... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mike_fury, Feb 4, 2021.

1. mike_fury Win User

BSOD root causes

Memory dump here

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bYN284L619R0-j5t7UTbkyyZx5P2m2t6/view?usp=sharing

I'm seeing my computer crash when returning from hibernate; event log includes events that say:

Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC0000001.

Cursory googling suggests that this is a driver problem; using the driver verifier generates crashes that implicate a device driver rzDev0306 - I've uninstalled every Razer device from my computer that I can, but there are still two hidden devices in the device manager that use this driver. There is no option to uninstall these devices when I right click on them. See screenshot below
    BSOD root causes aa37a7c5-2f69-40f5-b9c9-d29db56ce5a0?upload=true.png

Razer support has directed me to remove the drivers, but I can't figure out how. Any tips on how to remove these devices, and/or to figure out if its actually this driver causing my problem?

:)

mike_fury, Feb 4, 2021
  2. Msap14 Win User

BSOD Hardware Caused???

they do weird things like that, which all seem like something else is failing.
    One of the worst things to diagnose, they seem to only quit when they want to.

Memtest is a good next step, if you rule out RAM and Power Supply make sure you disconnect all unnecessary peripherals and try to start the system with as little hardware as possible, if it works then, you can narrow down the culprit by trial and error.

the follow was taken from some website:

It's very difficult to determine if a failure is caused by the CPU because many other components can cause the same symptom when they fail.

1. System fails to boot
    2. System re-boots intermittently
    3. General Protection Fault
    4. Illegal Operation
    5. Stop Error, or BSoD (Blue Screen OfDeath)

Actually, CPUs rarely fail, and about the only way to determine if the CPU is causing the failure is to swap it out with a known working CPU of the same type and speed. Since this is difficult, the best bet is to first rule out every other possibility.

Before suspecting the CPU, rule out all the possibilities listed below.

1. The Operating System
    2. A peripheral port device
    3. A bad memory module
    4. The hard disk drive
    5. The power supply
    6. The motherboard

If you have ruled out out all the other possibilities, investigate the items listed below.

1. Overheating
    2. A short circuit
    3. ESD

Msap14, Feb 4, 2021
  3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

4. Rey Cam Win User

BSOD root causes

Ntoskrl.exe Bsod

Hi,

Looking at the facts and your considerations;

• This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    • A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error.

Doing basic troubleshooting steps to fix the BSOD issue might work. Please check
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors. Kindly choose the appropriate radio button as to when did the error occurred
    and follow the troubleshooting steps on the dropdowns.

Let us know if any of the solutions provided worked for you.

Rey Cam, Feb 4, 2021
Thema:

BSOD root causes

1. BSOD root causes - Similar Threads - BSOD root causes

2. Root cause of a crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Root cause of a crash: My computer BSOD'd recently because of a game, and I've run the Windbg, but I don't know how to read & analyze the output:minidump: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgqNtwl2mN3ShVZ9O2TQVOXwtuoa?e=YVXDEg************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories...
  3. Can't determine root cause of BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't determine root cause of BSOD: Hi there,I'm getting constant but random BSOD reboots a day. Happens around 5 times a day or so at random intervals. The blue screen error that pops up before reboot only lasts half a second so I can't read the exact error message.I've looked in event viewer, but nothing...
  4. Can't determine root cause of BSOD

Can't determine root cause of BSOD: Hi there,I'm getting constant but random BSOD reboots a day. Happens around 5 times a day or so at random intervals. The blue screen error that pops up before reboot only lasts half a second so I can't read the exact error message.I've looked in event viewer, but nothing...
  5. Can't determine root cause of BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. root cause of mdump

in Windows 10 Gaming
    root cause of mdump: Out application crashed due to Out Of Memory. I need to check on the root cause of it. When I ran mdump on winDBG, I got the output mentioned below. What can be the cause for getting this dump due to - MODULE_NAME: java_exe, IMAGE_NAME: java.exe, and FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:...
  7. root cause of mdump

root cause of mdump: Out application crashed due to Out Of Memory. I need to check on the root cause of it. When I ran mdump on winDBG, I got the output mentioned below. What can be the cause for getting this dump due to - MODULE_NAME: java_exe, IMAGE_NAME: java.exe, and FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:...
  8. root cause of mdump

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Various BSODs, unknown root cause

Various BSODs, unknown root cause: I have been getting various BSODs on my new build, running the latest drivers and BIOS from the manufacturer of my mobo, Gigabyte. I have RMA'd the mobo once, and it was returned with no repairs. I have reinstalled windows, verified that the drive works with HDtune and sfc. I...
  10. Intermittent BSOD - Possible root cause?

Intermittent BSOD - Possible root cause?: So I've been having quite a time with this computer. I upgraded a bunch of the hardware inside, nothing major, a 750ti/i3 setup just to game lightly on. It started out fine and over the course of a few weeks, I got more and more frequent BSODs, usually with...