Windows 10: BSOD roughly 3 times per month

Discus and support BSOD roughly 3 times per month in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, my computer has been blue-screening roughly 3 times per month since October 2018. I don't know much about how to go about searching for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FailsWithTails, Jan 4, 2019.

1. BSOD roughly 3 times per month

Hello, my computer has been blue-screening roughly 3 times per month since October 2018. I don't know much about how to go about searching for the cause, but I did start collecting memory mini-dumps.

2019-01-04 dump:

BugcheckCode 292, Parameter 1 = 0x0

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AphKGS-86UWxkk5FXwR8J8fsWHdq

2019-01-03 dump:

BugcheckCode 292, Parameter 1 = 0x0
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AphKGS-86UWxkklW6sANCfY55MdV

Specs:

• Windows 10 Home 64-bit (Build 17134)
    • Intel Core i7-4790K CPU @ 4GHz, currently not overclocked
    • ASUS R9 280 Series 3GB
    • Corsair Vengeance Pro, 2x 8GB
    • Western Digital 1TB Black HDD
    • Corsair HX850i

Other notes:

I only have Windows Defender (fully up to date) and Malwarebytes (Free 3.2.2, PC scanned 4 weeks ago).

From what I have found in Event Viewer, both of these are BugcheckCode 292 with a Parameter 1 of 0x0. That seems to indicate WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR, "fatal hardware error" and "machine check exception".

In the last 3 months:

• 5 out of 9 BSODs are listed as BugcheckCode 292.
    • 3 out of 9 are listed as BugcheckCode 0. I cannot find any information about this.
    • 1 is listed as BugcheckCode 24, and as it was an isolated case from two months ago, it is probably irrelevant

I put the computer to sleep mode frequently due to slow boot times. However, on rare occasion when attempting to wake the computer, I will hear the PC case fans rev up for half of a second, then the entire PC returns to sleep mode. When this happens, it takes 3-6 attempts to wake the PC. I suspect the hardware error occurring may be a dying PSU. It also seems to coincide with when I am using 8+ GB of RAM, but that's not always the case. Still, it could be a RAM problem.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

:)

FailsWithTails, Jan 4, 2019

2. BSOD: ntoskrnl.exe and more

Hello,

A small update: The BSOD's have gotten better recently, but there are still a few each week (roughly 3-5) which is very annoying. I filled in manually my system specs, as you wished BSOD roughly 3 times per month :) Now, I think we need to recheck everything, software, hardware, installed programs etc. Can you give me a list of steps / checks which I should apply? Where shall we start?

EUWDIAMOND, Jan 4, 2019
  3. DeetleVa Win User
    11 BSODs in 3 months with Windows 10

The BSODs have been random. Some have occurred while the laptop was idle, others during various operations. HP did not list chipset driver updates for windows 10. I installed the latest drivers listed for Windows 7. I have had two more BSODs:

Driver overran stack buffer and Unexpected kernel mode trap. I added the two minidumps for 1/27/2016

DeetleVa, Jan 4, 2019
  4. VanBlanc Win User

BSOD roughly 3 times per month

Windows clock calendar month displays 3 months ahead

Thank you for the reply Arun, but I think you may have misunderstood my question(I did verify the things you suggested anyway). The clock and language are set to the correct time and language, it's just that when I open the calendar "preview" by left clicking
    the clock, it defaults to 3 months ahead instead of the current date.

To better understand my issue, could you please try this for me:

Left click the clock on the taskbar.

Did the current month (October) pop up as the month you are viewing,. with today's date highlighted?

On my calendar, December pops up, even though it says the current date is October 19th, 2015(and October 19th is highlighted). It should, by default when I open the calendar, show me the current month, not 3 months ahead. This happened in September also
    (it showed November).

The date, time, and language are all correct. The only thing that is not correct is the incorrect month defaulting when I open the calendar.

Any other suggestions?

Thank you very much for your time.

VanBlanc, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

BSOD roughly 3 times per month

1. BSOD roughly 3 times per month - Similar Threads - BSOD roughly times

2. Computer Crashed 3 Times in Past Month

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Crashed 3 Times in Past Month: Hello everyone. My computer has been randomly crashing for the past 2 months when gaming. It has had 3 major crashes.The first crash was a kernel error blue screen. It took several reboots to work. The second crash fully shut down my computer and turned the cpu light on, on...
  3. Computer Crashed 3 Times in Past Month

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Crashed 3 Times in Past Month: Hello everyone. My computer has been randomly crashing for the past 2 months when gaming. It has had 3 major crashes.The first crash was a kernel error blue screen. It took several reboots to work. The second crash fully shut down my computer and turned the cpu light on, on...
  4. Computer Crashed 3 Times in Past Month

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD several times per day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD several times per day: I was a happy owner of Surface Laptop 4, and it started over a year ago with random BSOD once a month. Now it comes to several BSODs per day :-I think it started progressing after upgrading to Windows 11, but I'm unsure.I'm not doing anything special on this laptop, mostly...
  6. BSOD several times per day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD several times per day: I was a happy owner of Surface Laptop 4, and it started over a year ago with random BSOD once a month. Now it comes to several BSODs per day :-I think it started progressing after upgrading to Windows 11, but I'm unsure.I'm not doing anything special on this laptop, mostly...
  7. constant BSODs for the past 3 months

constant BSODs for the past 3 months: Hello! I've been having random BSODs for the past 3 months, ever since I repasted my CPU and transferred it to a different case. I've changed my RAM three times, and my GPU once from AMD to Nvidia. I've had times where I would not experience a BSOD in a span of a few days...
  8. BSoD Multiple Times Per Day

BSoD Multiple Times Per Day: My computer has crashed 10 times since the morning of the 18th. I believe them to have begun around the time I installed the game Battlefront 2 2017. Three of the crashed occurred while I was playing the game all three at the exact same point; while searching for a match. Two...
  9. BSOD this month 4th time

BSOD this month 4th time: Hi. I've been getting BSOD with same error code 0x0000003b lately and I haven't found the cause. V2 Log collector: Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online. dmp: Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office...
  10. Roughly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Roughly: Can anyone please tell me roughly how long a clean install of Windows 10 will take. I did the upgrade a while ago but now wish to do a clean install and am wondering how long I am likely to be without my email whilst doing it. Many thanks. 34374

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bsod 3 times in a year?